Popsugar Must Have May 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question! I paid for the April Popsugar box (still haven't gotten it, but that's another story) and referred 5 people. Does that mean I get the next three months free? I won't be charged? 
That should be the case!

You can check this if you go to your account page and look under the "referrals" tab. You'll see a list of the 5 names of the people you referred, and if you have the 3 months free, it should be highlighted in pink on the little timeline/bar thing. They won't charge you for the next 3 months. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That should be the case!

You can check this if you go to your account page and look under the "referrals" tab. You'll see a list of the 5 names of the people you referred, and if you have the 3 months free, it should be highlighted in pink on the little timeline/bar thing. They won't charge you for the next 3 months. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 I have 5 refurals too but  I cancelled and I wrote to them and they said they I would have to subscribe again for them to add the free ones to my account

I have 5 refurals too but  I cancelled and I wrote to them and they said they I would have to subscribe again for them to add the free ones to my account

did you ever get your one month free for the 2 referrals?  

i have 4 referrals in my account which is not active, i can re-sub anytime so if i get my one month free now, will i then get 3 more months free when i get 5 referalls? or can i get 4 months free when i get 5 referrals?

hope this makes sense!! any insight would be much appreciated!! 

on website it says:

• If 2 of your friends sign up, then you may receive 1 month free — and achieve "Influencer" status
  • If 5 of your friends sign up, then you may receive a total of 3 months free — and achieve "Insider" status

did you ever get your one month free for the 2 referrals?  

i have 4 referrals in my account which is not active, i can re-sub anytime so if i get my one month free now, will i then get 3 more months free when i get 5 referalls? or can i get 4 months free when i get 5 referrals?

hope this makes sense!! any insight would be much appreciated!! 

on website it says:

• If 2 of your friends sign up, then you may receive 1 month free — and achieve "Influencer" status
  • If 5 of your friends sign up, then you may receive a total of 3 months free — and achieve "Insider" status
No never got the free months because I cancelled. I wrote to them about it many times and they told me that in order to get the free months due to me I would have to resub   ( pay for  a sub ) then they would add the free subs to that.   I don't want that I just wanted the free subs due to me

No never got the free months because I cancelled. I wrote to them about it many times and they told me that in order to get the free months due to me I would have to resub   ( pay for  a sub ) then they would add the free subs to that.   I don't want that I just wanted the free subs due to me
i see - so you need to pay for a month and then they will add the free boxes? i wonder if it is 3 free boxes or 4 free boxes?

i would hope with 5 referrals we would get the one month free for 2 ref's AND three months free for 5 ref's - unless they start all over again at 2 referrals, this is what i am confused by 

so lame that you need to pay to get the free ones, i will have to do same thing, hopefully a code will work at least

I think though, if you have an active subscription, you won't be charged for your free boxes. IE: I subscribed to the April box and did not cancel afterwards. I referred 2 people, so I should get the May box free of charge.

I don't understand why they can't just reactivate your account so that you can get the free boxes though. Makes no sense!

I think though, if you have an active subscription, you won't be charged for your free boxes. IE: I subscribed to the April box and did not cancel afterwards. I referred 2 people, so I should get the May box free of charge.

I don't understand why they can't just reactivate your account so that you can get the free boxes though. Makes no sense!
lucky you! it totally makes no sense but this is popsugar! if you get 3 more referrals i wonder if you will get the 3 free months too? we need someone here who has received referrals to explain! 

i wish i ordered my resort box under a different email, i would have 5 refs then! ah well! i also wish i could just order a year at a bigger discount!! this box is just so fun, it's the only one i order besides from golden tote here and there! 

I know this has nothing to do with the May box but did y'all know that the Snapea Crisps come in flavours?? I had the Wasabi Ranch and OH MY! Delicious! I found them at the airport in Philly of all places... I must find a store that sells the other flavors. I love these snacks.

I know this has nothing to do with the May box but did y'all know that the Snapea Crisps come in flavours?? I had the Wasabi Ranch and OH MY! Delicious! I found them at the airport in Philly of all places... I must find a store that sells the other flavors. I love these snacks.
Those are so good. I garbled them all up in one sitting. Totally bad. 

I didn't get this message because I didn't receive the resort box, but I think this is a really nice gesture on PopSugar's part, especially because of how much never-ending drama that box caused!!

10155598_10154086641680597_1115824441885628198_n.jpg

I didn't get this message because I didn't receive the resort box, but I think this is a really nice gesture on PopSugar's part, especially because of how much never-ending drama that box caused!!

10155598_10154086641680597_1115824441885628198_n.jpg
Oh, wow. Thanks for sharing! I almost never get any of their emails (including shipping notifications), but I did get the resort box. I'm excited to try the gloss. That is a nice gesture.

So we all receive the lipgloss? All May subscribers, that is?
Sorry I believe that this is to compensate those who ordered the special edition resort box and had to wait 3 or more weeks past the expected receive date to get their box. Along with some disappointment in the quality of some item verses the double price tag of the box. So my email stated that popsugar would either put this in my May box or if I no longer subscribe (which I don't at this time) they would send it to the address that they sent my resort box to. This is a nice gesture.

Soooo...I just got an email from Popsugar saying that I wasn't subscribed for May? I subscribed last month with the 50% off coupon code...how was that not a recurring subscription starting? 

Soooo...I just got an email from Popsugar saying that I wasn't subscribed for May? I subscribed last month with the 50% off coupon code...how was that not a recurring subscription starting? 
I got the same email, even though I purposefully stayed subscribed so that my free referral boxes would still be in effect. Now in order to get the free box, I have to resubscribe and pay for the May box. Pretty annoying.

On a positive note, it let me use AWESOME10 to take $10 off the May box, even on the same account.

I got the same email, even though I purposefully stayed subscribed so that my free referral boxes would still be in effect. Now in order to get the free box, I have to resubscribe and pay for the May box. Pretty annoying.

On a positive note, it let me use AWESOME10 to take $10 off the May box, even on the same account.
Well, that's a bright side, but now I'm like over it. Don't even feel like bothering with it. How annoying...

I got the email as well. I tried to use the code and it didn't work for me. New subscribers only. I think I'll just wait until I see what's in the box. I doubt it will sell out.

I got the email as well. I tried to use the code and it didn't work for me. New subscribers only. I think I'll just wait until I see what's in the box. I doubt it will sell out.
I'm sort of over the fact that existing subscribers can't use the codes. Everyone just uses different email addresses anyways (they advised it one time when I asked about it).  Think after a year and a half of getting their box (only missing 1 month, thankfully, april 2013), it might be time to stop for a while.  Unless they allow the options for existing accounts to use the codes, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

I got the same e-mail as well. I sent them an angry message back, because i specifically e-mailed them about two weeks ago making sure i would get the may box for free because of my referrals. if they make me pay for ANOTHER box, i will be very upset because they already told me i would get may free.

Latest posts

Back