Popsugar Must Have May 2015 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't we get a silver arrow necklace in February? The spoiler is okay, but it's not really thinking fresh.
When I first saw the pic of the model I was trying to tell if the Y necklace has a piece around the neck too or if she had a second one layered with it. If she had 2 on, that arrow would be cute layered with the Y necklace!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first saw the pic of the model I was trying to tell if the Y necklace has a piece around the neck too or if she had a second one layered with it. If she had 2 on, that arrow would be cute layered with the Y necklace!
i definitely thought it was layered with a 2nd necklace. 

Me too. I just think gold is warmer & compliments all skin tone. I don't wear silver at all.. It just seems dated to me for some reason, I don't even know why. But when it comes to wedding/engagements ring- I think platinum/white gold is the only way to go... I know, I make no sense :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm a gold person now too. Used to wear nothing but silver until about 5 years ago. My wedding ring is gold but everything else I ever wore was silver. Once I discovered gold, I never looked back. I always thought I was too fair to wear gold but I prefer it now. Silver seems so cold to me. I make no sense either. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I'm a gold person now too. Used to wear nothing but silver until about 5 years ago. My wedding ring is gold but everything else I ever wore was silver. Once I discovered gold, I never looked back. I always thought I was too fair to wear gold but I prefer it now. Silver seems so cold to me. I make no sense either. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was exactly the same! Hated gold and thought it looked outdated then overnight i won't even look at silver. 

Has anyone heard any more about the razor that we suspected was going to be in one of the upcoming boxes awhile ago? It never came in the April box or the SE Resort box so I'm wondering if it will be in this box maybe.
I can't believe I completely forgot about that!!!  I still want it, so I hope it's in the May box!  It reminds me of the flickr, which was the cool razor back when I first started shaving my legs. 

The necklaces on the Kitsch site are not pricey so I don't see how it could be the big ticket item.

I liked it when they had one "hero item" (as Rachel Zoe is doing so well now) with a high value. That way I always felt like I got a good deal, even if I didn't love all the items. The way they do it now, with the same number of fairly cheap items, I don't really feel like I'm getting $40 worth of value anymore (I always subscribed at the full price)

I can see both points. It's just such a bummer when the high value item is of no interest to me, then the box becomes almost a total bust. With multiple middle road value items, I can still feel I got good stuff even if I don't like an item. At the same time, I do like having a "wow" item. And for sure, I want a snack item in there. Basil that I have to plant does not count as a snack.

It almost reminds me of when social bliss style box when down hill after month 4.

instead of having the one big ticket item normally was the purse or a serum and a bunch of other garbage fillers now they have a bunch of little things that are almost like fillers or that would be fillers anyway

I was honestly fine with the level of the january box: cute hat, lotion (mine didn't have bits in it), coffee mug, etc. I don't mind the lack of a single high-value item, but the ones we get shouldn't be inflated in value.

When we get lower-value items, I like them to be ones that might be worth a little more in terms of practicality. $10 for a basil plant doesn't seem as high value to me as $10 for a pair of socks, because those are practical and will get worn, whereas the basil plant might not even grow. Kind of like how the mini wet brush isn't worth much but is super useful to me.

I can't imagine they will turn into a cheap junky box though because that doesn't go with their brand at all. But I wouldn't be surprised if, as they grown, it does get a little more mass-market.

This is to all those on the Black Friday deal. This is our last month. I'm curious what everyone is doing. This is my birthday month and after this month I am canceling most of my month to month subs. I'm only keeping Birchbox because of the point system and popsugar might make the cut. Though I feel it should be $30 not $40. My 6 month is as a gift sub so it won't auto renew. I want to get june but I don't want to sub until june! Annoyed they are making me feel like it will sell out. I just don't have the extra money to throw at a sub in April for June. Plus wouldn't that mean I would get charged in May for July. GYST popsugar.

This is to all those on the Black Friday deal. This is our last month. I'm curious what everyone is doing. This is my birthday month and after this month I am canceling most of my month to month subs. I'm only keeping Birchbox because of the point system and popsugar might make the cut. Though I feel it should be $30 not $40. My 6 month is as a gift sub so it won't auto renew. I want to get june but I don't want to sub until june! Annoyed they are making me feel like it will sell out. I just don't have the extra money to throw at a sub in April for June. Plus wouldn't that mean I would get charged in May for July. GYST popsugar.
I signed up for an annual subscription before the price hike a year ago and have now switched to monthly. When I first dicscovered sub boxes I went crazy and tried out every one. Popsugar is by far my favorite and, in my opinion, totally worth every penny. I only wish it wasnt $40+tax. The tax thing just mentally makes it seem more expensive to me. If it went higher than $40 I would cancel.

Anyway, for now I'm keeping it. I've cancelled all my other subs except for Graze (which I consider more part of my groceries, since it's snacks that I eat all the time) and Birchbox. I paid for a year of Birchbox in advance and likely won't keep that after it ends.

I went ahead and cancelled my popsugar must have box. The silver necklace wasn't my style and it was silver plated. In all I've just been disappointed since February's box. I didn't want to feel like I was wasting another $40 on stuff I didn't care about and that the people who chose the items for the box didn't seem to care about either. Also, I'm not too fond of the new lottery/ raffle feel going on. Only 10 subcribers will get a jar of cookies in May's box. That's supposed to entice subscribers??? It just turns me off. The Mott50 "gift card" left a bad taste in my mouth also. However, I may try out the summer LE box should there be one.

Back