PopSugar Must Have November 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No updates here since the 17th. Got to say I just don't see myself buying anything from them until they sort out whatever is going on. Cancelled my sub, Thought long and hard about the discounted NM, and decided against it for several reasons, but mainly (even when I knew was a decent deal in terms of price) I just don't want to buy from any company that thinks is OK not to reply, not to credit buyers for referrals. not to be considerate period. Same with the Holiday, love the throw, BUT.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a question. I ordered one box, but I received 3 different tracking numbers from FedEx, each package with different weights. Has that happened to anyone else? I would email Popsugar but I would actually like a real answer to this question lol.

Mine, too!  No updates since then.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Update:  My Nov. box showed up late this afternoon!  Fedex still shows only that a shipping label was produced on the 14th - it does not show that the box shipped.

I really like everything in the box this month.

However......   My box was soaking wet when it arrived on my doorstep!!!!  Nothing seems too damaged except the cookbook pages look a little warped - otherwise it seems in decent shape.  I was on the fence whether to keep the cook book or gift it, so I guess this seals the deal - I can't gift it with slightly wavy pages.

I flagged down my mail carrier as soon as I noticed the box was wet.  She was very apologetic - it was raining pretty hard this morning and she said everything got wet when she was loading her truck (kind of odd that they don't load the trucks under an overhang or something...).  So, it was not PS's fault :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I think I will let it go as the book is still readable and otherwise in good shape...

I got my box finally.  It was kind of a roller coaster of a fiasco, but it arrived.  Was supposed to get here yesterday, didn't show up.  Checked tracking today, and it said address is wrong, undeliverable, sending back to shipper, contact merchant for more info.  I was so frustrated and mad it made me cry (doesn't help that I'm a raging pms monster today).. and I had our lobby dude call me when the post lady showed up so I could talk to her.  I guess she took pity on me after I caught her heading for the door, because she came back a few hours later.  She went and found my box before it got sent back to PopSugar, and came back to deliver it to me along with an apology.  She isn't the fastest or best worker on the planet, but she sure got some brownie points for doing this for me today, and a very big thank you.  

So anyways...my box... I like the wallet purse, don't LOVE it, but I like it.  The chain is too short to wear as cross body for me, which I expected, between line backer wide shoulders and large chest.. but it seems to stay on as a regular purse easy enough.  It technically fits cross body, just looks rather dorky since it is right under my boob a few inches, lol.  It'll be nice for when I go out around downtown though since I hate carrying a big purse.  

I like the popcorn, but I'm used to this flavor combo from Trader Joes.  

I LOVE the wine markers.  Don't drink a lot, but I like writing on mirrors, it works great on plastic and foam cups too, and I have several glass and ceramic items of decor I can decorate too.  Now I just need some chalk pens!  

Also like the stationary, but I send little notes to my mom and nana all the time, so I'm a dork who still sends lots of snail mail.  It is more fun and meaningful than an email.  I'll probably do some wrap around address labels and maybe more stationary with the gift card thingy.  I love the personalized stamps too, but I hope to move in another year, and don't want to waste that much money for such little potential time left where I'm at.  

I am gifting the cookbook.  I'm not that much of a baker, or into sweets that much.  I have a friend that would drool over the book, so I'm going to put it in her xmas gift box.  

I did receive my Kendra Scott necklace from the promo code.  I love it!  Put it on immediately in the car on the way to Whole Foods.  

Last but not least, the lotion.. I apparently dropped it in the car when putting things back in the box, and I'm too lazy to go down 13 floors to my car again, so I'll check it out tomorrow.  The packaging is pretty though, hopefully I like the smell.  I don't know if I've ever smelled ambergris smell before?  

Now I've just got to decide if I want a December box or not.  I'm curious how shipping will be..if they'll send it earlier since Christmas holiday, or if it'll most likely show up in Jan?  Maybe if there is another good 10$ off code later.  

I got my box finally.  It was kind of a roller coaster of a fiasco, but it arrived.  Was supposed to get here yesterday, didn't show up.  Checked tracking today, and it said address is wrong, undeliverable, sending back to shipper, contact merchant for more info.  I was so frustrated and mad it made me cry (doesn't help that I'm a raging pms monster today).. and I had our lobby dude call me when the post lady showed up so I could talk to her.  I guess she took pity on me after I caught her heading for the door, because she came back a few hours later.  She went and found my box before it got sent back to PopSugar, and came back to deliver it to me along with an apology.  She isn't the fastest or best worker on the planet, but she sure got some brownie points for doing this for me today, and a very big thank you.  

So anyways...my box... I like the wallet purse, don't LOVE it, but I like it.  The chain is too short to wear as cross body for me, which I expected, between line backer wide shoulders and large chest.. but it seems to stay on as a regular purse easy enough.  It technically fits cross body, just looks rather dorky since it is right under my boob a few inches, lol.  It'll be nice for when I go out around downtown though since I hate carrying a big purse.  

I like the popcorn, but I'm used to this flavor combo from Trader Joes.  

I LOVE the wine markers.  Don't drink a lot, but I like writing on mirrors, it works great on plastic and foam cups too, and I have several glass and ceramic items of decor I can decorate too.  Now I just need some chalk pens!  

Also like the stationary, but I send little notes to my mom and nana all the time, so I'm a dork who still sends lots of snail mail.  It is more fun and meaningful than an email.  I'll probably do some wrap around address labels and maybe more stationary with the gift card thingy.  I love the personalized stamps too, but I hope to move in another year, and don't want to waste that much money for such little potential time left where I'm at.  

I am gifting the cookbook.  I'm not that much of a baker, or into sweets that much.  I have a friend that would drool over the book, so I'm going to put it in her xmas gift box.  

I did receive my Kendra Scott necklace from the promo code.  I love it!  Put it on immediately in the car on the way to Whole Foods.  

Last but not least, the lotion.. I apparently dropped it in the car when putting things back in the box, and I'm too lazy to go down 13 floors to my car again, so I'll check it out tomorrow.  The packaging is pretty though, hopefully I like the smell.  I don't know if I've ever smelled ambergris smell before?  

Now I've just got to decide if I want a December box or not.  I'm curious how shipping will be..if they'll send it earlier since Christmas holiday, or if it'll most likely show up in Jan?  Maybe if there is another good 10$ off code later.  
i never thought to write on mirrors! have you done that yet? and if so does it come off easy?

I forgot all about the necklace I'm supposed to receive, hope they got that right. Maybe that's in the 1 lb box I'm supposed to get

i never thought to write on mirrors! have you done that yet? and if so does it come off easy?
It came off with a wet paper towel for me, I had like a drop of soap on it.  Not too messy, but I end up cleaning the mirror daily anyways, because my husband has mastered the art of splashing toothpaste onto it while brushing his teeth.  I use the blue marker for mirrors, the silver and gold can be hard to read on a mirror.  

I got mine today, which I thought was weird because it's Sunday but whatever. I like some of the things--the stationary, the handcreme, and the popcorn I really enjoy and I'm going to use the book as a gift for a friend. I used the promo code for the Kendra Scott necklace and I really like it as well. The pens I will probably never use and I don't know who I can gift them to, and I am not sure about the bag. I haven't tried it as a crossbody yet but I feel weird about small crossbody bags because I'm plus size and I always think they will look comical. That's probably just my hangup, though.

I used the Tiny Prints gift code and paid about $6.45 (shipping and tax) for 15 personalized notecards. I've always wanted personalized notecards so I felt that was a good deal. 

Got a response from PS last night. For some reason my box never left the warehouse so they are sending another one. Huh? Well I was supposed to get the necklace but if it's a new box I guess I can kiss that goodbye. Grr and who knows when this box will show up.

I finally got some movement on my box, and it's finally in Texas... BUT (y'all knew there would be a "but" right?)  it's only moved my estimated delivery day up by one day to December 1st and the box is seriously only 3 hours away.  This has got to be a joke, right? 

I guess I can't really blame it on PS, but they really need to get their shipping straighted out.  Fedex Smartpost has NEVER taken this long on my other deliveries, much less given me an estimated date that seems this ridiculous.  I am blown away by this shipping process!

I'm really hopeful that all of you are right and it gets in prior to the ETA!!  I'll still be glad to have my box, and I'm sure I'll enjoy everything in it... However, my patience with the shipping is running thin.

I'm so beyond mad at PS right now. My October box just came two and a half weeks ago with broken items. By Neiman Marcus box came late with a broken candle. I finally got a response back supposedly they're going to be doing something about that who knows. My November box label was created the Friday before this last I think it was like the 15th. Has not left the warehouse I emailed them nothing this is ridiculous I am just so frustrated I don't understand. By the way they charged me on October 29th for my November box

Still only a label made!

Edit: messaged them on Facebook because we know that is that only way to get through. 

They claim "this issue is due to FedEx not picking up your November box from our warehouse. Your label was created on our end, and was set to ship. We'll be sending you a November box on our end and we hope you enjoy."

My response back was why was my box not picked up, when people with labels created the same day someone got shipped.

For the recored, I used to work in a job where I dealt with fedex daily on mailing a 30-100+ packages daily, they never forgot anything, if I found something I forgot, they would send someone back for it. I call BS on PSMH. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. I ordered one box, but I received 3 different tracking numbers from FedEx, each package with different weights. Has that happened to anyone else? I would email Popsugar but I would actually like a real answer to this question lol.
Check your bank account to see if you got charged three times. E-mail them just in case so that when if you see more than one charge, you could tell your bank that you tried resolving it with the company but they didn't reply.

I got my box on friday.

Clutch - small for my liking. I wouldn't be able to carry much in it except my phone -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought it was going to be much bigger but not at all. I'm gifting it away. It's already wrapped for my cousin.

Popcorn - it gets a bit too sweet for my liking. I would've just like cheddar popcorn by itself honestly.

Hand/Body Cream - I like it. Pretty nice texture.

Cookbook - Gifting away even though I really like the book itself the detail/pics are amazing!

Wine Markers - I'm thinking of buying a set of wine glasses to complete this a gift for my uncle.

Stationary - Gifting away. Cute, but don't need it. So I wasn't much of a fan of it.

If there's a $10 code, I'll buy december, same for january just because it'll be my birthday month. After that, I'm going to probably say goodbye to popsugar. I'm tired of the bs and I think I'm losing my addiction towards sub boxes. Yay to me! LOL.

I finally got some movement on my box, and it's finally in Texas... BUT (y'all knew there would be a "but" right?)  it's only moved my estimated delivery day up by one day to December 1st and the box is seriously only 3 hours away.  This has got to be a joke, right? 

I guess I can't really blame it on PS, but they really need to get their shipping straighted out.  Fedex Smartpost has NEVER taken this long on my other deliveries, much less given me an estimated date that seems this ridiculous.  I am blown away by this shipping process!

I'm really hopeful that all of you are right and it gets in prior to the ETA!!  I'll still be glad to have my box, and I'm sure I'll enjoy everything in it... However, my patience with the shipping is running thin.
Obviously I can't say the same for every box...but my box was originally estimated to arrive on the 26th, then moved up to the 25th by last Thursday.  Then once it made it to the post office it said I'd get it last Saturday, but was out for delivery on Friday.  It ended up with a bad label and arrived Saturday anyways thanks to my postal lady, but usually they arrive faster like mine did.  I know for mine, the thing that determines when mine gets delivered is usually when it makes it to the last smart post stop, and how long they take to hand over the goods to the post office.  Sometimes they take a couple days, sometimes it makes it same day/next day, and then post office typically delivers it the same day they get it if it is early enough.  

Do you happen to know yet if it has to reach another smart post location yet, or if it is going to post office next?  Being only 3 hours away, my guess would be you end up with it on the 26th or 28th.  

Silly me, those other 2 packages are from other purchases I've made. My popsugar box has not moved at all. I ordered knowing full well they had issues in October but thought it was a one time thing. I have never experienced this type of dysfunction with any company before.

Hi all - long (long.) time lurker, first time poster.  After this month's shipping issues, I had to finally create a profile and post here.  I, like a few of you here, have yet to recieve my November box.  I've email multiple times with no response, and called them out on FB twice - since complaining/shaming on social media is apparently the only way to get them to respond.

After weeks of back and forth, I get this today on FB:

Hi *TheFloorIsLava*, there was in an issue with FedEx which resulted in the lack of movement with your November box. We've gone ahead and placed another order for you and we hope that you enjoy!

I'm calling shennanigans.  I then replied asking when I could expect my box, if I'd get new shipping info, and if the shipment would be expedited.  No response.  I don't know what to think anymore.  I can't remember the last time I recieved such lousy customer service.  And what would have happened if I had sat by quietly, like they instructed, and waited for my box to arrive?  Nothing?  I like PSMH's boxes (a lot!) but this is so frustrating.  </rant>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back