PopSugar Must Have November 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an eerie feeling you're right. I still have not gotten a charge on my credit card, and the only month that it was late like this was last month. It's shaping up to be the same.

Here we go again! Before the nightmare changeover, I would be charged right at the first of the month and then my box would arrive in the first 8-10 days of the  month.  Still haven't been charged. BEYOND frustrated!!

On a happy note, PopSugar sent me an Illume "nice boxed candle" for my expired brownie from my second september box. It was probably in one of the past boxes, but I like candles and it is for christmas, so I am happy!
Lucky!!  They sent me "You Smell" wipes.  Which I suppose are better than the brownie...lol

Popsugar is really missing attention to detail lately.  I mean, it's great that they send replacement items, but think of the time and money they could save if they just sent products with longer lead times/expiration dates. My September box wasn't SENT until 9/30, and the brownie expired that same day.  

I'm waiting to see how the November box plays out, if it is decent, I will continue through December...Either way, I have decided that come January my money will be spent elsewhere.  

So has everyone been getting CS responses more quickly? I've had to email several times about an issue that they reassure me is fixed, but isn't.

After the change, they didn't credit me a referral (it would be my 5th referral, setting off 3 free months) I was due. I had the friend I referred email and they said (after over a week) that they credited my referral, they did not. So I forwarded her email, waited another week and they replied saying I have 5 referrals. I feel like they're making me think I'm crazy. Again, I looked and only see 4, so I've emailed once again and so far, no response. I mean, it's not as bad as not getting your box, but I'd rather have it resolved before my free boxes would start in December.

So I guess I just wonder if everyone is getting a faster response? If you are, are you emailing the standard CS or that email Lisa Sugar provided? Thanks!

Edited** Apparently just writing it out on here helped. I just got an email back saying that they're still working to fix the referral page, but they wanted to confirm that I do in fact have the referral on my account, at least on their end. Makes me feel better...at least until December boxes go out and I see if I get charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky!!  They sent me "You Smell" wipes.  Which I suppose are better than the brownie...lol

Popsugar is really missing attention to detail lately.  I mean, it's great that they send replacement items, but think of the time and money they could save if they just sent products with longer lead times/expiration dates. My September box wasn't SENT until 9/30, and the brownie expired that same day.  
I actually liked the brownie and was sad I couldn't eat it. My box for sept was sent on 10/1, so I feel your pain. I will see how Nov. goes.

Oh I so hope there is not a candle, frame or lip gloss.. God help me if there is...
It seems unlikely that they would send another picture frame or candle since we just got those last month.

I haven't gotten any lipglosses from PS yet, since I've only been subbing since Sept, but I don't particularly want one either.

Well it's the 6th and they have not started shipping yet. They promised everything would be back to normal by November, but I still have not been charged. They also won't give dates for when we will be charged. I was really hoping they would fix the mess they made. I asked them about the new site not being mobile friendly and they said they are working on it in the next coming "months" lol The old website was mobile friendly, so I don't see why it would take months.

It seems unlikely that they would send another picture frame or candle since we just got those last month.

I haven't gotten any lipglosses from PS yet, since I've only been subbing since Sept, but I don't particularly want one either.
lol I am getting the NM box so it was kind don't of a joke.. I really don't think PS it's that dumb...

Hmm they pinged me on Tuesday, Nov. 4th to update my billing info (my card changed), said it needed to be updated within 5 days or my November box order would be canceled. So they must have tried to charge me, I updated my card but I don't see any pending charges. I wonder if that means they'll charging next week?  

My charge for the November box finally completed/went through, yesterday 11/5 according to my debit statement.

I'm so annoyed with popsugar right now. If this becomes another shipping fiasco like last month. I'm going to cancel upfront, wait until they go back to somewhat normal and referring the crap out of myself again.

Lol, sheesh -__-

My charge for the November box finally completed/went through, yesterday 11/5 according to my debit statement.

I'm so annoyed with popsugar right now. If this becomes another shipping fiasco like last month. I'm going to cancel upfront, wait until they go back to somewhat normal and referring the crap out of myself again.

Lol, sheesh -__-
can you refer the crap out of me while you are at it? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm 2 away from free boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am hoping for spoilers, good spoilers. I need something to take my mind off the fact that I blew $250 on there NM box.. please something come out.

They just sent me a reply email to an email sent October 8 lol really? A month later?

I am hoping for spoilers, good spoilers. I need something to take my mind off the fact that I blew $250 on there NM box.. please something come out.
the only one i have seen is the book "

Dominique Ansel: The Secret Recipes"that i am not excited about but i will gift it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypothetical question.

Would you be less upset if ps sent 1-10 boxes hoping one of those people would post a spoiler right away, or was really really late getting out boxes again like last month?

Since they haven't shipped, bummer, I'm looking at a pretty late box over here. I got my oct box, 30th!

I think I would be more forgiving for poor shipping if it was a great box. Not sure if a spoiler of a bad box would make me feel any better.

Hypothetical question.

Would you be less upset if ps sent 1-10 boxes hoping one of those people would post a spoiler right away, or was really really late getting out boxes again like last month?

Since they haven't shipped, bummer, I'm looking at a pretty late box over here. I got my oct box, 30th!

I think I would be more forgiving for poor shipping if it was a great box. Not sure if a spoiler of a bad box would make me feel any better.
Part of what really annoyed me last month was that some bloggers got their boxes SUPER early, and most of the paying customers got it in the last week of October, if not later.  

I don't think them shipping 1-10 boxes would help...if they want to do a spoiler they can have bloggers announce a spoiler - like they have in the past.  

Seriously, it was like a joke looking at the PSMH twitter replies last month.  Everything was either some random blogger tagging them in their SPONSORED post, or paying customers complaining.   I understand that blogs are basically their advertising, but keep treating the ones who actually pay you poorly and you'll be left with nobody. 

Hypothetical question.

Oh yeah, and I would totally be more forgiving if the box was amazing lol.  I'm afraid we're not getting a spoiler because there's no ONE fab item.  

In the past they've done spoilers like for that too faced palette, and more recently that ombre scarf.  

I guess we'll find out sooner or later...hopefully not too much later. 

Latest posts

Back