PopSugar Must Have November 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mehhhh, I got excited about seeing a coupon code and went for it, but now that I see the spoiler, I'm not that jazzed. I wish I had waited five seconds and looked it up before I bought it. Here's hoping the rest of the contents are good.

I should have 3 free months coming my way, but despite one month waiting and two emails from their CS insisting I have 5 referrals, my account still shows I only have 4. I promised myself I wouldn't throw any more money at them until they fixed it, but I diddddd. Boo.

Its going to make such a fantastic gift for a friend of mine, I kiind of can't believe it.  She'll love it so much!  More than I would, at least, though I might have to copy a couple recipes at some point :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

November's spoiler...... Don't need another cookbook, and not a gift I'd want to give, not much incentive for me to jump to buy the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I'll have to flip through the book when it arrives.  I'm not big on pastries and sweets very much, so I don't know if I'll get much use out of it.  I'm sure it'd be a great gift for some of my friends or family member though, so no loss either way to me.  

I finally got a response to my email about oct/nov box issues we posted about the other day.  Already got info from online at my subscription addiction about the issue...but today Lisa emailed me back, and was surprise, surprise, no help at all.  All she did was say I'm all set for my November subscription.  

Uhhm..that wasn't what my email was about.  She didn't even read it obviously.  It wasn't even a sub, it was a gift box.  Oh well.. at least I got my answer from another source.  

I won't use the cookbook but hopefully I know someone who will. I'm more about healthy stuff. I hope the other items in the box make up for it.... And if not, at least I used the Kendra Scott necklace code... I will definitely wear the necklace!

Anyone else see that Dunkin has no released a "croissant donut"... I had never really known what they were, but I don't eat that stuff really. 

For anyone who lives in Chicago... Mariano's has croissant donuts in their bakery case. They are not cronuts but rather croissants dipped in glaze. They are my weakness and I try to avoid the bakery case at all costs because I cannot resisting buying one (or two)... like I did this past weekend. Dammit. 

The spoiler book is a good christmas gift for someone who likes to bake. Will set it aside for a gift. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

{hoping for a few giftable items in this box actually]

Last edited by a moderator:
The spoiler book is a good christmas gift for someone who likes to bake. Will set it aside for a gift. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

{hoping for a few giftable items in this box actually]
Setting it aside myself, and pairing it with the apron from FFF.  I think it'll work well for a Christmas gift for a gf of mine that just got engaged!

I wonder why you got charged tax?  

I've now bought Oct and Nov (as gift boxes), and neither time was I charged CA sales tax like before/should have been charged.  

I emailed customer service the other day, and I still haven't heard anything back.  But November's charge for my gift box has cleared my bank account as of this morning.  

Did they have non professional idiots to redo their website?  I can't believe all the errors and mistakes and discrepancies after a week off line and now a month after going back up.  *head explodie*  
Same day, I looked in my email, PS said they couldn't process my debit account charge from them. I got irritated so I didn't do anything about it. Just figured, I'll sit out on this box... Then, TODAY, I get another email saying it went through. They probably tried charging my card again, which is what they should've done in the first place. But I'm just confused -__-

I'll just gift the cookbook. Not really excited about it. I'll look through it to make my final decision. I know my aunt or sister would appreciate the cookbook. But silly of me, I forgot my sister receives PS too -__- LOL.

I'd bake more if my kitchen wasn't so small! I still have the mason jar cookie mix in my closet!

I am actually hoping there are a couple more gift-able items in this box. Tis the season for me to be looking. I am also hoping for black friday deals on subscriptions for kids boxes and other boxes to give to my friend and her kids for Christmas. 

I was thinking about keeping this book for myself, but I have a bestfriend that absolutely LOVES to bake and is really good at it.  Plus she has all the cool cooking gadgets that I don't (I'm a cast iron, savory, down-home cooking kind of gal), so she may get this awesome gift from me!  I know she'll have the time and patience and cook goodies that I'll get to eat without all the hard work!!  Like someone said in a previous post, TIS THE SEASON!    :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Same thing happened to me. I bought a box on Sunday night, got an email that my card couldn't be processed that same night (even though I've updated my card info since the new site went up). Yesterday AM, I looked at my bank account to check and noticed the charge was pending, so I ignored the email and then in the afternoon, I randomly got a receipt and the charge went through. Weird. I wasn't going to go on and adjust anything so that I didn't accidentally get double charged. I don't have much faith in PS lately...

I used my Rue La La code so right now I am worried about them going and charging me. Gotta watch them lately. 

I used my Rue La La code so right now I am worried about them going and charging me. Gotta watch them lately. 
I used both my Rue La La codes for last month and this month and haven't been charged.  *knock on wood*

Back