PopSugar Must Have November 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does buying a gift box seriously subscribe you for a full sub monthly then too, without telling you? 

Edited to add:  On my orders in my account, they both say next payment n/a, and no recurring payments listed.  I was never charged for an Oct regular sub, just my gift box ordered.   Maybe it just always says that on the orders now about canceling?  
 I ordered another box late Sept., I did it as a gift box. I have all three tabs about the canceling and such, but mine too says "N/A" in the fields for next shipment and I was never charged (not that I saw) nor did I receive a Oct. box. But I will say my box never shipped until Oct. 1

I am curious about this because I just ordered a gift box using my Rue code for Nov. 

Just ordered November with that MSA code. $32.65 with CA sales tax. They decided to charge me right this month.

Hopefully it's not a let down.

It's raining here in the Bay Area. Just reminds me that the holidays are most definitely creeping up on us.....

Just ordered November with that MSA code. $32.65 with CA sales tax. They decided to charge me right this month.

Hopefully it's not a let down.

It's raining here in the Bay Area. Just reminds me that the holidays are most definitely creeping up on us.....
I wonder why you got charged tax?  

I've now bought Oct and Nov (as gift boxes), and neither time was I charged CA sales tax like before/should have been charged.  

I emailed customer service the other day, and I still haven't heard anything back.  But November's charge for my gift box has cleared my bank account as of this morning.  

Did they have non professional idiots to redo their website?  I can't believe all the errors and mistakes and discrepancies after a week off line and now a month after going back up.  *head explodie*  

I subscribed to the November box two days ago and it hasn't appeared on my online credit card statement but at least it says "November" for the next shipment!

Edit to add: I was charged CA sales tax for this box!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know today is Saturday, but has anyone with recurring billing been billed for November, since it's the first? Just curious, I expect billing may start Monday, but I thought I would ask.

Eee I m excited for new boxes, lets get back to guessing what's inside.  I love hearing other people's wish lists! 

*Would love a cute mug set and tea or hot coco 

*anything cranberry or maple flavored

*gratitude journal 

*something related to hosting a dinner party

*somethingy homey

*mittens that convert to fingerless gloves

* blush or make up brush set

*hair tool or amazing product ( I m so specific aren't I lol)

Any guesses people?

I want/need some jewelry!! That's all I want this month, pretty please. I missed out on the Kendra earrings/necklace :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hoping for some/a cute cozy clothing items! Like gloves, mittens, hats, but please no more scarfs for a little bit!
I once got gloves in a sub box and they were huge. I would love a scarf or hat! I'd also love jewelry!!

I subbed using the RueLaLa voucher... I hope that doesn't screw something up in my account...  Did anyone use it for October and have issues?  

@@Tiffanyt92 Thanks for the heads up.  Thats a fun spoiler! I love to cook and bake so thats right up my alley and right in time for the holidays. And oh boy I think I could eat my weight in cronuts so this may be dangerous  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recently saw the Cronut recipe & it was ridic involved... Not something I'm too interested in trying. The cronut is definitely pop culture so this will be going in my gifting pile.

I am getting more into cooking/baking but I am more about the healthy (banana protein pancakes). I think this might be going up for swap or I might be gifting it to my sister because I don't foresee me using it. 

Here is hoping for other good stuff in the box. 

It's not a novel like I hoped but it's still a book and it's really useful so I'm excited about it.

I tried making cronut before and I would love to hear from the master.

This is a win for me.

Back