Popsugar Must Have October 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally heard back from Pop Sugar despite the fact that I was aware that they did eventually take payment for October.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thanks for your patience! Please know you did everything correct on your end and we apologize for the confusion. We were having issues processing cards but we've fixed this error and you were successfully billed on 10/25/14. Your October box will be sent through expedited shipping and you should expect it no later than Thursday, 10/30/14. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.[/SIZE]
The box won't be here by today according to tracking.

Estimated delivery :
Sat 11/01/2014

I looked at last month's normal tracking and once it departs the FexEx depot in Northborough it transfers to the USPS and typically takes one more day. The only way it will arrive is if it's delivered by FedEx today. Looks like, and I hope tracking is wrong, that my October box will arrive in November!

Edit: I just realized that the tracking states it was shipped via SmartPost and it was not expedited as stated in the email. I've emailed PopSugar about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For my tracking email too. Should arrive today. 4 lbs. what's so heavy? Candle and frame? Did anyone get the "bonus" necklaces they had were giving?

I had emailed to lisaandteam email address about my order that I was charged on Oct 1st on 28th morning, saying I need an update on my box and if it is not yet shipped, I want refund, I didn't get any reply till now, but I got a "Your box is on its way" email yesterday afternoon, and the shipment was through Fedex overnight. And it is on vehicle delivery already. So they obviously hadn't shipped my box when I emailed them, but they ignored my "if you haven't shipped I want refund". But I cancelled my dispute I filed through my cc-- because at least they overnighted my package. It shows as 4lbs like some of you mentioned. I am still not interested about November box-- it is already up for purchasing.  

I am going to use my rue la la code for nov., but part of me also wants the Kendra Scott necklace so we shall see.

mine still shows only label was made was supposed to be delivered today but nothing came...  they stopped replying to my emails too.

mine only shows as 1 pound

My gift box with MSA code for kendra scott necklace was delivered via FedEx overnight. In case anyone was wondering, necklace came in the box. Delivery today was unexpected but very much appreciated.

I got my box today.

Wasn't expecting it; I thought I canceled it in time. Oh well.

MIGHT resub for November, only because I am lazy with gifts and so many of these make great gifts for others.

Got my box yesterday. Loved the socks. You all were right about the picture frame. It's different in person. Actually a lot better than I was expecting. Heavy too. Candle scent is ok, I'll try it. Love the socks. Eyeliner is cool but doesn't look that flattering with simple cat eye. So I'll look up some looks with it later. Malt balls? Eeh. I'm ok with trying them. Kids liked them. Not really my style, but was happy to try them. Nail art was a bummer, timing is just so far off.

I really like the way the candle smells...until it's actually lit.  Then it has a sickeningly sweet scent that threatens to give me a headache.  So I drew a Jack 'O Lantern on it and placed it on my nightstand to enjoy the fragrance without burning it.

I tried using the BJB code this past week. This company does not provide good service, and I do not recommend. 

First, several of the clothes that were sent to me was not my size, which I specified on their website.

Second, they will only apply a total of $20 toward your purchase (not $40) because they stated either the website or promo code was misstated.  I asked them via email,

"There is no mention of a sign up fee on your website. Do you mean the styling fee? Also, your website says the styling fee will apply toward my purchase, so shouldn't I get a total of $40 off from the kept item ($20 styling fee plus $20 remaining on Pop Sugar code)?

Their reply was,

"Yes sorry this is misstated. It is 20 off your purchase please send all back if you don’t want!"

When I replied somewhat negatively about this, they said they would extend a "one time offer of $40 off your purchase."

Third, it seems like they are applying their policies toward people inconsistently. Some of you mentioned that a stylist contacted you and that they were willing to take $40 off your purchase, and neither thing happened for me until I complained. The company is unreliable. It is hard to tell what kind of service you will receive.

Fourth, I was supposedly emailing back and forth with the CEO, but she was surprisingly very unprofessional in my opinion - unclear replies and very informal English. My first email to her had questions about the 15% off and about using another person's Pop Sugar code in the future. She didn't answer either, so I had to ask that again. Her reply was still not clear, so I had to ask more clarification questions. Waste of time.

Also, in case you're wondering, the 15% off for sending items back within two days cannot be used in conjunction with the Pop Sugar promo code. You will receive a total of $20 total toward whichever item you decide to keep unless you complain.

Also, in case you're wondering, the 15% off for sending items back within two days cannot be used in conjunction with the Pop Sugar promo code. You will receive a total of $20 total toward whichever item you decide to keep unless you complain.
That is really good to know, thanks, I would have assumed I was going to get 15% off still.

I tried using the BJB code this past week. This company does not provide good service, and I do not recommend. 

First, several of the clothes that were sent to me was not my size, which I specified on their website.

Second, they will only apply a total of $20 toward your purchase (not $40) because they stated either the website or promo code was misstated.  I asked them via email,

"There is no mention of a sign up fee on your website. Do you mean the styling fee? Also, your website says the styling fee will apply toward my purchase, so shouldn't I get a total of $40 off from the kept item ($20 styling fee plus $20 remaining on Pop Sugar code)?

Their reply was,

"Yes sorry this is misstated. It is 20 off your purchase please send all back if you don’t want!"

When I replied somewhat negatively about this, they said they would extend a "one time offer of $40 off your purchase."

Third, it seems like they are applying their policies toward people inconsistently. Some of you mentioned that a stylist contacted you and that they were willing to take $40 off your purchase, and neither thing happened for me until I complained. The company is unreliable. It is hard to tell what kind of service you will receive.

Fourth, I was supposedly emailing back and forth with the CEO, but she was surprisingly very unprofessional in my opinion - unclear replies and very informal English. My first email to her had questions about the 15% off and about using another person's Pop Sugar code in the future. She didn't answer either, so I had to ask that again. Her reply was still not clear, so I had to ask more clarification questions. Waste of time.

I had a bad experience with this company too as documented somewhere in this thread.  The CEO offered a bunch of discounts in addition to the pop sugar code (I declined I had no desire to do any business with them) ultimately she scheduled ups to come and pick up the box so at least I didn't have to lug it somewhere.  If you are returning everything ask them to set up a pick up for you.  For a service thats supposed to be all about convenience it didn't seem very convenient to me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Sorry to hear you had a negative experience too.

I got mine in yesterday, the KS necklace sucked me in... This was my first PSMH box, but I'm hoping November's will be better!

Nope nope nope to Blue Jean Bar.  They basically threw a bunch of random expensive crap in a box and sent it my way.  I took all this time to fill out the survey, and they didn't listen at all.  I said I wear blacks/grays/cool colors within a $50 price range for tops - and no whites.  They put a $208 white top in my box.  The least expensive item?!  $80 top in size extra large...when I said I wear mediums.  I said I tend not to wear patterns...I got 2 "paint splattered" items (priced at $140 and $108).  None of the denim they sent was under $200.  I said I'd pay no more than $100 for a really good pair of jeans.  I didn't even end up trying anything on. 

So...I got a BIG box of a waste of time.  It's a shame, since this is the item I was most excited about in the October box.  

Nope nope nope to Blue Jean Bar.  They basically threw a bunch of random expensive crap in a box and sent it my way.  I took all this time to fill out the survey, and they didn't listen at all.  I said I wear blacks/grays/cool colors within a $50 price range for tops - and no whites.  They put a $208 white top in my box.  The least expensive item?!  $80 top in size extra large...when I said I wear mediums.  I said I tend not to wear patterns...I got 2 "paint splattered" items (priced at $140 and $108).  None of the denim they sent was under $200.  I said I'd pay no more than $100 for a really good pair of jeans.  I didn't even end up trying anything on. 

So...I got a BIG box of a waste of time.  It's a shame, since this is the item I was most excited about in the October box.  
Yea I didn't get that company.  I felt like they didn't listen to any of what  I said about my style most of the clothing wasn't even in my size and I just thought the size of the box was ridiculous.  Lugging that thing to ship it back takes any convenience out of the service for me.  Plus I thought it was extremely bizarre there was no like checkout page.  Esp.  because my box was sent out without any cc info ever being entered they sent me something like over $1400 worth of clothing and had no credit card on file.  The whole thing was just bizarre.  I had an email correspondence with the CEO, she was actually incredibly nice and trying to make me happy but I was just annoyed by the experience.  Was happy they arranged to have that massive box picked up so i didn't have to drag it anywhere.  Definitely will not trying that one again.  Wonder if non-coupon code  users get better boxes

Back