Popsugar Must Have October 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It s very odd.  And talk about trust they sent me over $1400 in clothing with no credit card on file. I was also surprised how expensive some of the items are I mean most of the tops were pretty basic, they sent a $96 plain white tee (!!!!!).  I m annoyed I now I have to lug this big thing to a UPS place.   The person (CEO)who emailed me today  is  now offering additional discounts but I really don't want anything but this thing out my house lol  I still don't know how to return it, she emailed me a shipping label but still no instructions.  I guess there s no check out like in stitch fix.  I don't know definitely not a service I will be using.  If anyone else tries it I do hope you have better luck.  If anyone else got a random box please post your experience. Good month for haywire service it seems. Oye!
Update: At least when this company's customer service get in touch with you they are helpful.  They have scheduled ups to come pick up the massive package so I don't need to lug it somewhere.  Definitely appreciate that.  Such a weird experience!

So annoyed. I've yet to hear back from Pop Sugar, my account was updated weeks ago and yet they have yet to charge my account or ship my box.

My account does state:

Next Shipment Oct 2014
Status/ Next Payment Nov 2014

Strike that... just got an email from Paypal.

[SIZE=9pt]Amount[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$42.45 USD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Merchant[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]PopSugar MustHave,00###########,CA,
Please note that the name of merchant may be different once the transaction is complete.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was beyond torqued off by the email today that stated no one was double charged. Yes, yes I was. And I have the statement to prove it. It was the same as saying those making duplicate charge claims are lying. Just because they eventually (when called out about it) go back and reverse a charge doesn't mean that the dupe charge didn't happen. And the email went on to say, in what I thought was a snarky tone, that "if you're one of the 10%..." as though anyone still complaining about not getting a box is in such a tiny minority and/or are just impatiently whining. I don't appreciate being condescended to,especially by a retailer who has failed to deliver per the terms of the sale. And what happened to the "we only have 3 CS reps to handle all the inquiries" excuse from just days ago? Did they suddenly hire a team to handle their mess? For that matter I found it beyond unlikely they would only have a CS team of 3 in the first place. I guess they think we're either stupid or gullible. In the end, I'm never impressed with non-apology, apology emails like this one. It had as much an accusatory tone as it did an apologetic one. And trying to guilt trip unhappy customers by making ludicrous claims about their inability to provide decent CS is beyond inappropriate and unprofessional. Let's not forget this isn't some start up being run out of some chick's basement. This is a well established company with a TV program. Inexcusable, period.

Update: At least when this company's customer service get in touch with you they are helpful.  They have scheduled ups to come pick up the massive package so I don't need to lug it somewhere.  Definitely appreciate that.  Such a weird experience!
Mercury was retrograde (going backwards) = not a good time for communications, travel and shipping!!!  Solar Eclipse, New (Blood) Moon.  God is talking right now, shhh let's all listen.

Well after seeing the email on FB late day yesterday, I replied to that email. I get my daily mail around 6:30pm these days and so, guess what was in the mail.  My popsugar box. I am happy with the box contents this month.  However, my account still shows shipping status as pending, I never got any email notice. Outside of the NM LE one.  So annoyed still!!!!

I hope everyone who is STILL without their box and have billing issues - get their issues/boxes quickly.  PS needs to make this up somehow.  This should never happen again.

I emailed a response to the CEO of Pop Sugar. The response was interesting...

First keep in mind that I have sent 3 emails to customer service and I have been told 3 times that my account issues have been resolved. I have still not been charged.

I purchased the NM box so o know they have the correct credit card info on file.

I first received an email that said my subscription had been cancelled. Right after that I received an email that I could go purchase the NM box.

Obviously they didn't look at my account history and The response isn't at all relevant to the issues that I sent them about my account.

The response was impersonal and had nothing to do with the issues that I raised in my email.

I guess it was easier for them to cancel my subscription than to resolve my account issues.

Very disappointed in the response.

I'm shocked at how much of a 360 this month has been for them. I purchased my box on 10/3 with my Rue La La code; I've decided to cancel my subscription due to a new budget, so I sent an e-mail on 10/14 to Customer Support. By 10/24, I had no response, but was perplexed by Lisa Sugar's posting on Facebook regarding a massive e-mail she just sent out and to contact her team if you're still having issues. I never received that e-mail. She sent me a private message and stated that Customer Service responded to my open request in early afternoon of Friday, 10/24 -- but I also never received that response (nowhere to be found -- spam, etc). She confirmed to me personally that my subscription is cancelled, but I find it so incredibly bizarre that I'm not getting any e-mails from them (I am, however, getting the promotion e-mails like the NM box, etc).

The good news: my box is on its way and should be here on Wednesday (per Lisa's message -- I don't have tracking info). FedEx Delivery Manager says otherwise, though -- no shipments found. We'll see.

I finally got my shipping notice on Friday night and received my box yesterday afternoon.  Despite receiving the box so late and no single big ticket item, I still like my October box.  I plan to give PSMH another chance with the November box, but I'm not ordering the Nieman's LE box...

I finally got my box. I kind of like it even though there is no big ticket item. I love home items, so the frame and candle are a wind for me. The malt balls are okay, I love pumpkin, but they don't really taste like pumpkin. The soap smells very nice, I think I will gift that. The clothing subscription gift card will not be used. The eye liner will be swapped. THe nail decals are not my thing and I can't wear nail polish at my job. Love, love, love the Happy socks. I discovered this brand last year in a sub and it's the only brand of sucks I've purchased since. Ey are remarkably comfortable. Something about that combed cotton. So, with the home items and the socks, this box is thumbs up for me. But, I'm hoping Nov has a big ticket item.

I'm confused. I'm one of my the billing error people. I checked, updated my account. Next shipment was to be oct. Now there is nothing there except my nm box purchase. I'm trying to be patient but I'm really bummed. How do I help them? How do I get my box? Am I still on for my subscription? Not angry, completely confused. Will work to email I guess tomorrow. I was really hoping they would work this out instead of me.

I'm confused. I'm one of my the billing error people. I checked, updated my account. Next shipment was to be oct. Now there is nothing there except my nm box purchase. I'm trying to be patient but I'm really bummed. How do I help them? How do I get my box? Am I still on for my subscription? Not angry, completely confused. Will work to email I guess tomorrow. I was really hoping they would work this out instead of me.
try emailing: [email protected]

I was beyond torqued off by the email today that stated no one was double charged. Yes, yes I was. And I have the statement to prove it. It was the same as saying those making duplicate charge claims are lying. Just because they eventually (when called out about it) go back and reverse a charge doesn't mean that the dupe charge didn't happen. And the email went on to say, in what I thought was a snarky tone, that "if you're one of the 10%..." as though anyone still complaining about not getting a box is in such a tiny minority and/or are just impatiently whining. I don't appreciate being condescended to,especially by a retailer who has failed to deliver per the terms of the sale. And what happened to the "we only have 3 CS reps to handle all the inquiries" excuse from just days ago? Did they suddenly hire a team to handle their mess? For that matter I found it beyond unlikely they would only have a CS team of 3 in the first place. I guess they think we're either stupid or gullible. In the end, I'm never impressed with non-apology, apology emails like this one. It had as much an accusatory tone as it did an apologetic one. And trying to guilt trip unhappy customers by making ludicrous claims about their inability to provide decent CS is beyond inappropriate and unprofessional. Let's not forget this isn't some start up being run out of some chick's basement. This is a well established company with a TV program. Inexcusable, period.
The customer support issue - I work for a gift card company that does multi-millions of $'s in sales and we have a customer support department of 2.  Seriously.   It works because most inquiries are done via email these days and we can answer hundreds of emails a day and do it efficiently.  I head the department and if my co-workers need help, I get involved and so do other management people and we all pitch in and work until every inquiry is answered.  We're open banking hours and every email that is received during those hours is answered before we leave for the day.  You would think that it wouldn't begin to work, but with today's technology, it does.  Usually without glitches.

I'm one who was billed when this was my referral box and I still haven't even gotten it, but I'm trying to cut them some slack because I know how crappy it is to get screamed at all day.  I got an email yesterday saying I should be getting my refund in a few days - I'd be just as happy to have them give me the November box for free since the money is already out of my account -  but whatever works easier for them, I just want the box or the credit.

So I emailed the Lisa and team last week when the initial facebook message went out and today I got an email back. The team sent me my tracking number and refunded my card for Octobers box. Although it took quite awhile to get answers from the customer service I am very happy with how it was handled. I hope everyone else who is still having problems is taken care of soon!

While I really loved this box, I have to pop in and say the nail tattoos suck.  I did my nails black with a white accent nail for the pumpkin face last night and one has already peeled off!  I used a good top coat on it too.  Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I got my Popsugar box on Friday. No tracking info ever came to me. Since I pretty much knew what was all in it, I wasn't that excited.

Malt balls - Too sweet for my liking

Socks - Cute

Frame - Gifting away

Candle - Best item in box!

Soap - Maybe gift away?

Liner - A bit too glittery for me, but it's still a nice color

Decals - Cute, got my pedicure in orange for a reason on saturday LOL.

BJB CODE: If anybody wants it, I'm happy to give it to you. But after another MUT'r said in the past post I wouldn't wanna use it either. I'm over a size 12 so this is no use for me.

Emailed them. My account still shows the nm box purchase only. As if I don't have a subscription. Hope I'm not getting the bad end of the stick by being patient.

i finally got a response from the lisaandteam@popsugar email they r sending mine expedited and should arrive the 30th they said i asked if they were going to do anything about me getting it late and having no use of the nail decals and they said they would throw in an extra gift so we shall see...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my box comes tomorrow, the tracking number that the Lisa team sent me to input on the fedex website gave me a delivery date of today, but it never showed up.

Latest posts

Back