Popsugar Must Have October 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now the Lisa Sugar email saying there are delays, but they are working on it, and a new cs email!
btw, I found all the direct emails + phone numbers for Lisa + Brian Sugar along w/Andy the head of IT and I was too chicken but a friend posted it all late the night before on Facebook + Lisa sent out the email the next day - I have no clue if she even realized what was going on or perhaps it was just a coincidence, who knows!! I sure would love to know if her inbox was slammed!

hehe....

I rec'd my OCT + SEPT boxes today and just realized Nike coupon would expire so I just ordered a pair of sneakers! there is another 45 mins left as its PST

xx

Nope nope nope to Blue Jean Bar.  They basically threw a bunch of random expensive crap in a box and sent it my way.  I took all this time to fill out the survey, and they didn't listen at all.  I said I wear blacks/grays/cool colors within a $50 price range for tops - and no whites.  They put a $208 white top in my box.  The least expensive item?!  $80 top in size extra large...when I said I wear mediums.  I said I tend not to wear patterns...I got 2 "paint splattered" items (priced at $140 and $108).  None of the denim they sent was under $200.  I said I'd pay no more than $100 for a really good pair of jeans.  I didn't even end up trying anything on. 

So...I got a BIG box of a waste of time.  It's a shame, since this is the item I was most excited about in the October box.  
Thanks for the reviews, all. I was debating this service and read a few blog posts too. I enjoyed Stitch Fix somewhat but was interested in BJB because they seemed to be sending Henry & Belle jeans (which are fab). My first impression of the site was that it was a little amateur. The survey was all on one page and you had to do a lot of writing. Since there's only a $20 discount I'd just as soon go to a local boutique and get some H&B jeans where I can try all of the sizes on. I think this would be a good service for someone who doesn't live near stores that carry some of these brands and who has a car to easily drive and drop off the return package. I live in a city and dragging a huge box anywhere is a mess. 

I gotta say the thing I was least excited about in this box was the eyeliner.  I ve never been much of an eye pencil user.  But man I was playing with this Butter London one one evening and man I ve worn it everyday since, it makes my eyes pop like crazy (someone asked me if I had gotten color contacts the other day lol i don't wear any contacts).  I have hazel eyes that some days look amber and other days look more greenish. As soon as I put this liner on it s like wam look at my pretty eyes lol LOVE IT.  So if you even if you don't like eyeliners I suggest trying this one its easy super creamy yet seems to stay put and is just so pretty!! Hoooray for fun finds!

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say the thing I was least excited about in this box was the eyeliner.  I ve never been much of an eye pencil user.  But man I was playing with this Butter London one one evening and man I ve worn it everyday since, it makes my eyes pop like crazy (someone asked me if I had gotten color contacts the other day lol i don't wear any contacts).  I have hazel eyes that some days look amber and other days look more greenish. As soon as I put this liner on it s like wam look at my pretty eyes lol LOVE IT.  So if you even if you don't like eyeliners I suggest trying this one its easy super creamy yet seems to stay put and is just so pretty!! Hoooray for fun finds!
awesome, have hazel/green eyes too! was going to buy the chanel one in almost same color as those are my fave liners but hopefully this will work! yeah! 

copper e/s looks pretty w/hazel + green eyes, i just had a make up lesson at a party and it love it, i don't normally like anything that has an orange tone at all (esp lipstick) but i have to say it's quite nice on eyes! try it sometime!! 

I sitll havent received my box it now says delivery on the 4th and even tho it was a referral box they are refunding me 29.95 they already did it but to my card on file which is an account i closed so now i dont know when i will get it even though i let them know and updated it.  They should have known it was closed because they tried to charge it and it didnt work...

Just had to another BJB horror story to add to the list. I was super excited to use the code and generally had a good experience with the clothes I received. but like others my problems began when it came time to using the $40 code. I called and spoke with Jessy, who adamantly insisted that the $20 "styling fee" is not credited toward purchases. I was certain I had seen differently on their website, but didn't have any proof at the time of my phone call so I just ended the convo because she wasn't taking my concern seriously and I obviously wasn't getting anywhere with her. Later when I looked at the website, there was oddly no mention of the $20 fee being credited toward purchases, but when I looked up a cached version of the site from 10/22 (the day before I ordered), it clearly states "If you purchase an item from your box we will apply the $20 to your sale as a credit". So in between 10/22 and now they deleted that from the website and are now claiming that it's not their policy! On top of that, when I tried to email the above concerns, the reply I received was simply "I am sorry you are confused. Your total is $$, if you don't want the top please send back or we'll have to charge you for it." Totally blew off all my concerns. No explanation for the mysterious disappearance of the policy in question from their website. To me this kind of behavior is incredibly dishonest and makes me want to stay very, very far away from a company that practices in this way.

Just had to another BJB horror story to add to the list. I was super excited to use the code and generally had a good experience with the clothes I received. but like others my problems began when it came time to using the $40 code. I called and spoke with Jessy, who adamantly insisted that the $20 "styling fee" is not credited toward purchases. I was certain I had seen differently on their website, but didn't have any proof at the time of my phone call so I just ended the convo because she wasn't taking my concern seriously and I obviously wasn't getting anywhere with her. Later when I looked at the website, there was oddly no mention of the $20 fee being credited toward purchases, but when I looked up a cached version of the site from 10/22 (the day before I ordered), it clearly states "If you purchase an item from your box we will apply the $20 to your sale as a credit". So in between 10/22 and now they deleted that from the website and are now claiming that it's not their policy! On top of that, when I tried to email the above concerns, the reply I received was simply "I am sorry you are confused. Your total is $$, if you don't want the top please send back or we'll have to charge you for it." Totally blew off all my concerns. No explanation for the mysterious disappearance of the policy in question from their website. To me this kind of behavior is incredibly dishonest and makes me want to stay very, very far away from a company that practices in this way.
Grrr I don't like that company.  Sketchy sketchy. Sorry you had that experience I hope some people actually had positive experiences with them it seems like many did not.

Wow, you're right. Here's a screenshot:

bjb.png

I can't believe they made it sound like it was your fault. 

I sent a follow up email asking for clarification of their policy change and received no response. Then I sent another email asking how to process a return, since if rather not purchase for a company that treats customers this way. Again, no response. I am going to try calling today - so frustrating!

Back