Popsugar Must Have October 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box showed up yesterday! I didn't expect until Wednesday so that was a surprise. It's a shame there was so much craziness because it's a good box.

Not my favorite box ever. It's serviceable, but the shipping and being charged late nonsense probably 

It keeps saying the address I'm giving is a buisness residence, and it needs to be a home residence?
I have this problem too, despite my building being 100% residential. I've contacted UPS a few times about this, they send someone out to look at the building, pull your last order that was delivered, say that they agree it's a residential building... then a few weeks later are still unable to change the classification despite agreeing with you, due to the building being classified as a business address. Wash, rinse, repeat. Waste of time.

i finally got a response from the lisaandteam@popsugar email they r sending mine expedited and should arrive the 30th they said i asked if they were going to do anything about me getting it late and having no use of the nail decals and they said they would throw in an extra gift so we shall see...
I got the same message from them on Sunday as well. Minus the bit about a gift. I'm a little put out by this experience. I still haven't received any tracking and if I'm supposed to receive it on the 30th it must have gone out today. (Unless they're overnighting it, which just seems ... ludicrous.) 

I received my box around the usual time, mid month. No issues with payment as I prepay months in advance... I enjoyed the box very much and actually prefer not having a big ticketed item that I may or may not like. I was able to use my BJB gift code to purchase 3 sets of tye-dye hair ties and received confirmation and a tracking code, although the weight says 3lbs... it does state my hair ties are being shipped.

I'm sorry everyone else has had such a hard time this month.

I got the same message from them on Sunday as well. Minus the bit about a gift. I'm a little put out by this experience. I still haven't received any tracking and if I'm supposed to receive it on the 30th it must have gone out today. (Unless they're overnighting it, which just seems ... ludicrous.) 
they are 2 day shipping mine i didnt get a tracking email and fedex on the computer didnt show anything but on my fedex app it shows label made today 2 day shipping and will arrive the 30th

Got an email back from popsugar, not an automated answer. They were super polite. Much better getting a personal response IMHO. Anyway. My box should arrive on 31st.

Finally got my box today, all excitement was lost though lol Its ok, I don't hate it but not in love either. Hoping November doesn't show up at the very end of the month too.

they are 2 day shipping mine i didnt get a tracking email and fedex on the computer didnt show anything but on my fedex app it shows label made today 2 day shipping and will arrive the 30th
Thanks. I just checked my FedEx delivery calendar and it shows the shipping label was created early this morning (3am) and it's due to ship today via overnight, so arrive tomorrow. At least they seem to be to making an effort to push these out in a timely manner. 

I had emailed them asking if they would send something more fall themed instead of the nail decals since I won't receive them in time for the holiday. I received the following response:

Hi Amanda,

We'd be happy to send you an extra item in a separate shipment. Again, we're so sorry for all the troubles caused this month and hope you enjoy your gift! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you,

Lisa and Team
I'm guessing they're probably going to send an extra something to everyone, much like they sent a bonus for people who had a late LE box in the spring. 

Wait, sorry... does anyone remember/know how much the box weighed this month? Was it 4 lbs? 

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I had emailed them asking if they would send something more fall themed instead of the nail decals since I won't receive them in time for the holiday. I received the following response:

I'm guessing they're probably going to send an extra something to everyone, much like they sent a bonus for people who had a late LE box in the spring. 
 And that will take several weeks to get to you, I am waiting for something for my expired brownie. 

My box arrived today. Despite being told it shipped out on Friday by Lisa Sugar and would reach me on Wednesday -- it was actually shipped out on Tuesday via expedited shipping. I received an e-mail yesterday telling me this by Lisa, saying that it will arrive "by Thursday." So, I was a bit miffed that they didn't follow-through on what they told me (especially since I'm going out of town tomorrow and counted on bringing the nail-art with me for my mother), but then came home to find it on my doorstep. Still grumpy about this month's experience and don't trust them with my credit card information -- they will need a few smooth sailing months until I resubscribe, buuuut...

Box thoughts:

1. I LOVE THE MALT BALLS. I hate malt balls. Hate them. With a passion. I tried them and was so pleasantly surprised. I want more.
2. The candle smells delightful! Debating giving it away as a gift to someone who will write on it more, though.

3. Love the soap! Also debating gifting it, though, so I haven't opened it up to smell it. I assume it's quite light as I can't smell it through the packaging.

4. The socks are cute! I'll give to my mother as she loves fun socks, though.

5. The picture frame is lovely -- but I actually have one already! I'm planning on gifting it to my former boss who is moving to a different company for her new desk, though.

6. I have a friend who has tried her hand at Stitch Fix, so I'll likely give her my coupon for Whatever That Box Coupon Was Called.

7. Seriously debating using the Deal & Deluca coupon.

8. The eyeliner is only so-so to me. I forgot it was in there with the rest of my excitement, but will try!

Overall, I liked it! My box didn't have an "October Box" PopSugar pamphlet, though.

Back