Popsugar Must Have October 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another note what did everyone think of e-mail from Lisa Sugar (Founder & Editor-in-Chief)

Still no box and no tracking information for me....... Tough to take since the email on 10/15 said boxes would be shipped out in the next 7-8 days.

I didn't get an email. Please share what it said. Thanks.
Here it is:

Dear Must Have subscribers,

POPSUGAR Must Have was born out of my desire to bring POPSUGAR.com into your homes. Curating the box every month is one of the favorite parts of my job. But more importantly, I LOVE seeing all the joy the box brings you. So it especially pains me to have to send this note to our loyal subscribers and fans.

As you may know, we've had some issues with the launch of our new website. We experienced billing/order tracking complications, which resulted in a shipping delay of your October Must Have boxes. I want to let you know that we are working hard on resolving the issue and are taking the following immediate actions:

· We have confirmed the billing issue concerned those with multiple credit cards on file, and there were no double charges. If you believe you have been erroneously charged, please contact us and we will investigate and take immediate corrective actions.  

· We're working on sending tracking emails to everyone who hasn't received their box. This will be happening on an ongoing basis until all boxes are shipped. At this point, over 90% of boxes have been shipped, so if you believe you are in the less than 10% who have not received your info, please be in touch and we will get it to you ASAP.

· We are doing everything we can to ensure that all boxes are delivered before the end of the month. We worked with Dean & DeLuca to extend the expiration date of their voucher to Nov. 15, 2014, so that you will not miss out on the opportunity to redeem.

Last but not least, I know many of you have not been able to contact customer support. I am personally committed to ensuring that you continue to have a great Must Have experience and have assembled a team of executives from across the company including myself, our head of operations, and our head of marketing to personally address your concerns. Please feel free to reach us at [email protected]. We promise you will get a response from us.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We’re so excited about the upcoming boxes and additional surprises to come. We hope to continue delighting you for many more months.

Lisa Sugar

Founder & Editor-in-Chief

Uhhhhh can we talk about how mine hasn't even SHIPPED yet. Wtf :(

image.jpg

Oh man that stinks, if I were you I d tell them yes they can assist you but stopping the nonsense and overnighting. Its crazy to me they didn't expedite the super late boxes
I'm real bad at being forceful, so I emailed back and went the way of trying to make them feel bad..cause my birthday is November 1! It just sucks. I'm almost positive I won't get it before Halloween.

I'm real bad at being forceful, so I emailed back and went the way of trying to make them feel bad..cause my birthday is November 1! It just sucks. I'm almost positive I won't get it before Halloween.
:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Well happy early birthday to you.  Hope they do something to make it up to you.  Fingers crossed it comes super fast.  

So the weirdest thing just happened my doorbell just rang and there was the delivery man with a massive box that I had to sign for. It was from Blue Jean Bar Express, umm I started filling out the profile last week but my coupon code did not work so I stopped (no cc info was ever entered) I emailed them and pop sugar (still haven't heard from PS) I got an email sunday from a stylist wanting me to enter my cc info (i did not) so she could ship the box and had a few style questions. She said she was forwarding my question about the code to someone and they d be in touch shortly. Never heard a word back. So they shipped me a box without ever confirming it( I just checked all my email and spam folders nothing). The box is huge and has a nice big hole in the top (like a big rip... not supposed to be there) inside is a cloth bag that kind of looks like a laundry bag filled with piles of clothes that i guess are supposed to match but they don't really all go together. They sent me $1,411 in clothing (14 items) are they kidding me. First up not one things is the size I indicated and 2 I do not need or want $200 blouses and $211 jeggings. In the price preference part i put the lowest price possible i think it was like $49 the only things even close to that price are plain see-thru white tanks and tees. Its so weird I m not even trying anything on just sending the whole box back but there are no return instructions. I m very confused. Did anyone else experience this. What am I supposed to do with this massive box, there is no return label (and the original box has a big hole /tear in it). This month has just been bizarre what the heck is going on?!

*Right after I posted this I get an email from the CEO saying

I see you just received your box. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help in the way of providing additional sizes and or styles.

I m so annoyed they just sent box out with confirming it or letting me know anything.
I am completely flabbergasted by your experience. I certainly won't be trying this service.

Man mercury retrograde has really screwed with subscription boxes this month. Good news mercury goes direct on Saturday. So this should all start getting better soon. The planet mercury governs travel and communication so when it goes retrograde cars break down, plans fall through, electronics break or go haywire, people miscommunicate etc.

I never recieved anything from popsugar since the confirmation of my giftbox order on Oct 1st. My account said shipment pending, so when I saw that letter posted on FB I emailed the lisaandteam email with my order info and a screenshot of my orderpage and requested a refund....and I got an answer back within an hour.... like late this evening.... just after 5:00 and they sent a tracking number that told me they had processed the box on the 15th, actually mailed on the 20th and is due to be delivered on the 27th. The email apologised for the problems and also contained a link for a printable return for the box if I wanted to ship it back for a refund. I will keep the box if it arrives before Halloween. I'm open to look at what November's box might contain, but this was a hassle, don't know that I will jump onto placing an order again.

So the weirdest thing just happened my doorbell just rang and there was the delivery man with a massive box that I had to sign for. It was from Blue Jean Bar Express, umm I started filling out the profile last week but my coupon code did not work so I stopped (no cc info was ever entered) I emailed them and pop sugar (still haven't heard from PS) I got an email sunday from a stylist wanting me to enter my cc info (i did not) so she could ship the box and had a few style questions. She said she was forwarding my question about the code to someone and they d be in touch shortly. Never heard a word back. So they shipped me a box without ever confirming it( I just checked all my email and spam folders nothing). The box is huge and has a nice big hole in the top (like a big rip... not supposed to be there) inside is a cloth bag that kind of looks like a laundry bag filled with piles of clothes that i guess are supposed to match but they don't really all go together. They sent me $1,411 in clothing (14 items) are they kidding me. First up not one things is the size I indicated and 2 I do not need or want $200 blouses and $211 jeggings. In the price preference part i put the lowest price possible i think it was like $49 the only things even close to that price are plain see-thru white tanks and tees. Its so weird I m not even trying anything on just sending the whole box back but there are no return instructions. I m very confused. Did anyone else experience this. What am I supposed to do with this massive box, there is no return label (and the original box has a big hole /tear in it). This month has just been bizarre what the heck is going on?!

*Right after I posted this I get an email from the CEO saying

I see you just received your box. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help in the way of providing additional sizes and or styles.

I m so annoyed they just sent box out with confirming it or letting me know anything.
I ordered a box from them too. All of the jeans (5 pairs) were a fail for me. 4 of them were high waisted which I specifically requested that I not receive because I'm long legged and have a short torso (and one of those was a size too big and I was swimming in them) and the 5th pair was way too long. I'm keeping two tops both are priced under $50 but the rest are going back because they just don't fit right. One of them was a $350 cashmere sweater from James Jeans. It's really cute but really short. I had to email Lady to get a return label sent to me, and I'm shocked that they pay for this enormous box to be shipped both ways.

I am completely flabbergasted by your experience. I certainly won't be trying this service.
It s very odd.  And talk about trust they sent me over $1400 in clothing with no credit card on file. I was also surprised how expensive some of the items are I mean most of the tops were pretty basic, they sent a $96 plain white tee (!!!!!).  I m annoyed I now I have to lug this big thing to a UPS place.   The person (CEO)who emailed me today  is  now offering additional discounts but I really don't want anything but this thing out my house lol  I still don't know how to return it, she emailed me a shipping label but still no instructions.  I guess there s no check out like in stitch fix.  I don't know definitely not a service I will be using.  If anyone else tries it I do hope you have better luck.  If anyone else got a random box please post your experience. Good month for haywire service it seems. Oye!

I ordered a box from them too. All of the jeans (5 pairs) were a fail for me. 4 of them were high waisted which I specifically requested that I not receive because I'm long legged and have a short torso (and one of those was a size too big and I was swimming in them) and the 5th pair was way too long. I'm keeping two tops both are priced under $50 but the rest are going back because they just don't fit right. One of them was a $350 cashmere sweater from James Jeans. It's really cute but really short. I had to email Lady to get a return label sent to me, and I'm shocked that they pay for this enormous box to be shipped both ways.
Yes she sent me one too but no instructions on how to return it, did I miss something is there like a checkout page or something? Its weird to me they make you email for a return label do they really expect people to keep $1400 worth of clothing in one swoop.  I didn't even try the stuff on nothing seemed worth the price. Funny we have the exact opposite problems I m long torso short legged lol  This box is massive I like stitch fix because you just throw the bag in the mailbox.  I hate sending things thru UPS and now do I have to pay to this thing insured?

Last edited by a moderator:
 It keeps saying the address I'm giving is a buisness residence, and it needs to be a home residence?
That isn't because it is an apartment.  They are classifying (why I don't know) your address as a business address instead of a private residence.  That's really strange.  Either way, I don't understand why it wouldn't work, since it is a valid address, and they go by address.. it isn't like you're putting a fake address in.  

So they send us a gift card thing or another size based sub company, again, but it lets us make orders for a lesser discount, only to be cancelled with no explanation.. And the code didn't work for some correctly at first.  

Thanks PopSugar, I love being left out of items, again. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was cool with it before, because I thought I'd be able to get something by regular order...but now orders are being cancelled.. seems unfair.  They just can't learn their lesson apparently.  

That isn't because it is an apartment. They are classifying (why I don't know) your address as a business address instead of a private residence. That's really strange. Either way, I don't understand why it wouldn't work, since it is a valid address, and they go by address.. it isn't like you're putting a fake address in.
Yeah! It's super frustrating...but no point anyway since they haven't even processed my box yet =\

Mine now says October 30 :/ No tracking from Popsugar, found it through fedex.

Latest posts

Back