PopSugar Must Have September 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9am here in Phoenix and it's 90F.  I'd love to start thinking about fall but fall doesn't really start here until the end of October/beginning of November!  Either way, I'm totally looking forward to the September box!  

I would be good with all of this. It's already getting cooler and starting to feel like fall in NYC. I had to wear my office sweatshirt home from work on Friday, lol. I would be good with a scarf, nice palette, and pumpkin something. I could skip a moisturizer (only because I'm set on moisturizer for a while and have finally found a PM and an AM that I like - both by Clarins) unless it's a good moisturizing serum, lol. Something about the packaging of the Caudalie C15 Serum looks very fall-like to me.... Hey, a girl can dream right?

I don't think we can totally rule out lip stuff though because a really good lip balm is definitely an essential as it gets cooler...

The only thing to keep in mind - isn't this box curated out of Cali? The curators might not really have fall on the mind yet if that's the case. Does anyone know what was in the box last September? I feel like I started up again in October or November....
I was wondering the same thing yesterday. September wasn't really a fall theme but it was an amazing box. The Barr & Co diffuser, craft book, pretty paper coasters, Kitch headband set and some little food treats. It was the prettiest box.
I'm still hoping for some amazing picture frames and a stationary item.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad to hear I'm not the only one. Thanks for the tip, too, to do a gift subscription. You just gift it to yourself with the same email address?

I love the fall! I totally would love that Tarte palette someone posted above, and a scarf would be lovely. I'd love a cute notebook since September makes me think of back to school, but looking at some past boxes, it seems subscribers received a notebook not too long ago.
You just select the little box under the subscription choices, above the personal info fields, that says "is this a gift?" or something to that effect.  It'll turn the monthly subscription into a one time box for that month, and you don't have to worry about being charged again for the next month-as long as the account you're logged into is canceled. 

Like my account, I keep it canceled, but I can still log in etc.  I just log in, select "monthly", and then check off gift box.. and I put the info to send to myself still, but with my other email address.  I have been able to use all the good codes doing it this way, and not have to worry about being charged for the next month unless I decide I want it. 

I haven't tried sending it as a gift with the same email address.  I'd assume if they don't let you it wouldn't let you purchase...so I just use my other email address.  

I haven't gotten the list couple boxes because I've been trying to cut back on my spending but I want that Tarte palette soooo bad and would resubscribe in a heartbeat if that were in a box.

The only thing to keep in mind - isn't this box curated out of Cali? The curators might not really have fall on the mind yet if that's the case. Does anyone know what was in the box last September? I feel like I started up again in October or November....
I'm in California (one of the reasons I love this box since I get it quicker) and yeah, it is still hot here. But good grief, they are already selling Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff in the stores, and I hear Starbucks already brought back the pumpkin spice latte, so PopSugar can put together a fall themed box.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm in California (one of the reasons I love this box since I get it quicker) and yeah, it is still hot here. But good grief, they are already selling Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff in the stores, and I hear Starbucks already brought back the pumpkin spice latte, so PopSugar can put together a fall themed box.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Even though it's the middle of August, Massachusetts decided to start Fall early. Seriously other than one or two odd days, it's been SO cool here! This past Friday I had a fire going in my backyard fire pit and was wearing a hoodie. IN AUGUST LOL...I'm SO ready for a totally fall-themed box. give me scarves, pumpkin spice candles, dark burgundy lipsticks and nail polishes lol...I'm totally ready for Fall subscription box season!! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Even though it's the middle of August, Massachusetts decided to start Fall early. Seriously other than one or two odd days, it's been SO cool here! This past Friday I had a fire going in my backyard fire pit and was wearing a hoodie. IN AUGUST LOL...I'm SO ready for a totally fall-themed box. give me scarves, pumpkin spice candles, dark burgundy lipsticks and nail polishes lol...I'm totally ready for Fall subscription box season!! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh my goodness, that sounds so wonderful. I live in WA and it is so hot up here right now. I just want cold weather so I can start wearing all the beautiful scarves I've accumulated from my subscription boxes over the past year.

The Starbucks in my area doesn't have pumpkin spice yet. I love all things pumpkin, but I feel like their pumpkin spice tastes like melted candle wax. Instead, I look forward to Dairy Queen's pumpkin pie blizzard, it is so delicious!

I can see the Tarte palette being in the Special Edition box, but probably not a regular box.

I reupped my subscription starting with this box and am so excited for it. I'm hoping for another beautiful scarf and something fall scented. Really really don't want anymore bail polish.

I googled September Popsugar box and there was one that included a grey scarf, so I'm not sure whether it would be fall themed or not. Maybe they will just wait another month and go crazy with Octobers box?

They definitely wont send any more summer type products... way too late for that. I think it will either be fall themed or maybe just some useful products kind of like with the salad servers.

Oh my goodness, that sounds so wonderful. I live in WA and it is so hot up here right now. I just want cold weather so I can start wearing all the beautiful scarves I've accumulated from my subscription boxes over the past year.

The Starbucks in my area doesn't have pumpkin spice yet. I love all things pumpkin, but I feel like their pumpkin spice tastes like melted candle wax. Instead, I look forward to Dairy Queen's pumpkin pie blizzard, it is so delicious!
It's SUPER hot! But August is always our best month, I think :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  With all the crazy thunderstorms,  I thought we hit the end of the sun but today was so nice.  

I'm ready for fall, though.  And scarves with warm jackets, cozy socks and I wouldn't mind a pumpkin muffin mix in the slightest :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  If they can do cookies in a bag, they can do muffins.  Probably not so soon, though, huh? Maybe in a later box.

I can see the Tarte palette being in the Special Edition box, but probably not a regular box.
You never know... They did send a Too Faced Palette in a regular box earlier this year.... And they sent a Benefit palette in 2012.

You never know... They did send a Too Faced Palette in a regular box earlier this year.... And they sent a Benefit palette in 2012.

I googled September Popsugar box and there was one that included a grey scarf, so I'm not sure whether it would be fall themed or not. Maybe they will just wait another month and go crazy with Octobers box?

They definitely wont send any more summer type products... way too late for that. I think it will either be fall themed or maybe just some useful products kind of like with the salad servers.
Actually the Benefit palette even came in a September box!

http://musthave.popsugar.com/September-Must-Have-Box-Revealed-25196286

That was a pretty good box. The scarf was really nice and soft. There was also a book and a pair of movie tickets which is pretty cool.

It seems hair ties are always in September boxes (at least two out of two) which is interesting. There was definitely a lot more in the September 2012 box than September 2013. September 2013 was pretty meh for me, so I'm hoping for one more like 2012. :)

That Tarte palette is gorgeous. I love it when beauty products look like décor accents because then I don’t feel so bad about leaving them out. I prefer to have my items where I can see them because I will forget things and then it’s like a mini-surprise when I open a drawer and find a pile of hair products I’d stashed in there.

It’s been a bit cooler than normal in Chicago too. No complaints, being right by the lake I get a great breeze and I’ve had to use my AC less than 5 times this year. Rahm in his infinite wisdom negotiated a new deal with Integrysys to lower electrical rates and it unsurprisingly did the opposite. I have window AC units so the less I run them the less money this shady deal gets. They did the auto-opt in if you didn't opt out and mysteriously I and everyone I know didn’t get the notice of this until after the window to opt out had closed. I did read that you can still switch back to ComEd so I’ll have to look into that soon. Anything 9 ½ is for I am automatically against <_<

If anyone is looking for pumpkin candles B&BW has their fall line out and the 3 wick ones are currently on sale 2/22$ (all the 3 wicks, not just the fall ones) plus if you use eBates you can currently get 1.5% back. I may have purchased 8 candles yesterday…

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=18623826&cm_sp=FO-_-Online+Exclusives-_-2+for+%2422+Online+Exclusive+3-Wick+Candles&cp=12587167.12587170

This is going to be my very first Popsugar box so I have high hopes lol... Would love something fall just because that is my favorite season but living in Louisiana it is still very much summer here...... HOT!!!

I've done the gift subscriptions for myself since the beginning, since it allows me to use any Codes everytime. I never had a regular sub, and probably never will. I wait for a great code, or a spoiler to decide. I LOVE that Tarte pallete, and can only hope and pray it's in the Sept box. I loved the Too Faced pallette a couple months ago, which is what started me with PSMH.  I'd also love a pretty scarf or anything fall like.  I'm in Vegas, it's still HOT, and today muggy/humid... so I'm looking forward to Fall.

Back