PopSugar Neiman Marcus Holiday Edition Luxury Box 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also find it odd that this tray is not currently offered at NM - maybe it's only available in-store?? In previous years, the spoiler was the most valuable item in the box (the throw and the clutch).  Really hope that's not the case here.

On the mela website the material of the tray is listed as "bone" - does this mean real animal bone?

I also find it odd that this tray is not currently offered at NM - maybe it's only available in-store?? In previous years, the spoiler was the most valuable item in the box (the throw and the clutch).  Really hope that's not the case here.

On the mela website the material of the tray is listed as "bone" - does this mean real animal bone?
maybe this year the "in collaboration" part is more coming from both sides?  Maybe they were able to source/secure wholesale for this item. the description doesn't say anything this year about being sold exclusively at (but don't recall if did in years past). this time the language was less forthcoming. I'm still excited. Think it's cute. 

found link to another tray + on the website it says it was sold at both NM + BG in 2013

http://www.melaartisans.com/Details/Decor/Decorative-Trays/Sahara-Decorative-Tray---Horn-Bone-and-Wood/1095/0/0

it could very well be in store only - I bought a Missoni candle this summer (just like ones from last year's NMxPS boxes) that was never on the NM website during a sale for $15 in store at NM! i think it was called Laguna...

that's a good question about bone, i'm curious too - i know way back when, artists would often use bone as it appears like ivory but ivory has been banned for years though and has very strict regulations.....

I wonder about BONE china now too, hmmm....

I finally bought a box!

I love grey + the Moroccan design on the tray - could probably find a dupe at homegoods for much less though!  after I hit order, I started to wonder (fearfully) which item will be BLUE, ya know there will be something blue snuck in there! 

To be fair, Wayfair sells the tray through Walmart.com. Walmart has opened up their website for other sellers to be more like Amazon.

Yeah, that's the version I saw on wayfair too.  It was originally $125 for the small tray, marked down to $100.  The medium trays run for $150. 

Some of the bone trays on the mela artisans website specify "horn bone".  There are actually some pretty good sales for various trays right now if anyone is interested in the tray but not up for the box (or want to stick to different materials for the tray).

http://www.melaartisans.com/List/Decor/Decorative-Trays/112/0/0/1/0

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I love the tray!  I get so excited when we get luxury home decor items.  its stuff I would never ever spend the money but looks so lovely in my home (and actually get used).  Very excited for this box!  I hope it ships way earlier than 11.15!

It's artisan made, so it's probably made with bone pieces from animals that people ate for food. I mean, if it's from a 3rd world country, they're going to use real materials and what is available.

Just a thought.

As for bone china, it's made from bone ash mixed with the clay.

I like the tray and I'm sure the box will be good, but the price point was just too steep for me. It's fun to see what the things are that will be in it though, as they are revealed.

I like the spoiler a lot--I always use the home items bc we never buy anything like that. We just have old furniture from grad school and small children. So this is a fun upgrade for us :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Someone on MSA copy pasted more info about the bone. It's water buffalo bone repurposed after animals are used for meat. So depending on your ethics that might be fine or not.

Another spoiler

Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 1.35.43 PM.png

That seals it for me, I'm def. out.

Idk doesn't wow me as much as I would like it to.

Another spoiler! This doesn't get me excited either. The tray was beautiful...but they usually show the best items as spoilers in my opinion. This just doesn't do it for me.

image.jpg

Now I have to consider the box.  I've been looking for a silver tassel necklace all year.  Awww, can't decide!

Hmmm...still on the fence. There's probably 1-2 makeup items and 1 food item as well. I wish the box shipped sooner. I hate paying and waiting.

Back