PopSugar Special Edition Summer Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Tarte TIPSY in both boxes (grr). A coral color is the last color that I can wear :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm right there with you. I saw Jennifer at Ramblings got Tipsy and now I am afraid to get my box. Seriously. I have very pink skin and coral would be the absolute worst on me. I have a feeling it is in my box,

I got Tarte TIPSY in both boxes (grr).  A coral color is the last color that I can wear :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
my friend rec'd tipsy too also olive oil from portugal + turquoise necklace + the ocean mist spilled in bag

she nor i can wear coral at all, mine is coming today

I'm scared to open and see everything after her dismal report on the items! we like the same things!!

this box makes the resort box look like a treasure!!

perhaps i will get really lucky and a little elf will jump out of mine to do the laundry and hand wash my new PS glasses!! 

it would just be nice if they could vary the boxes if we order 2 :/  

but i will figure it out.  not the end of the world. sure someone i know can wear coral. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine! Both Tarte items in tipsy, works so well with my complexion. I'm not a blush person, but I'd wear this. Clutch is adorable and quite large. Glasses have some weight to them and are nice. Disappointed in the necklace, it doesn't feel anything like $100+, maybe what I'd pick up at Target for $20. I got white. Hair mist didn't leak and smells really nice! Overall, pretty happy with the box.

ETA: I also got the OO from Australia. Perplexes me to the small size.

my friend rec'd tipsy too also olive oil from portugal + turquoise necklace + the ocean mist spilled in bag

she nor i can wear coral at all, mine is coming today

I'm scared to open and see everything after her dismal report on the items! we like the same things!!

this box makes the resort box look like a treasure!!

perhaps i will get really lucky and a little elf will jump out of mine to do the laundry and hand wash my new PS glasses!!
I actually Lol-ed at the elf comment, love the visual!

I got my box today! Whoohoo finally.  I love it!  I'm so glad I purchased this and I like it a LOT more than last year's summer box.

The tumblers are nice!  For some reason the way folks talked about the branding of the popsugar on the glasses I had the impression it was around the cup, not at the bottom.  It's hardly even seen with ice and a drink in the cup. Since I don't have a dishwasher I hand wash everything. I probably would hand wash all my wine glasses and barware anyway.  Oh that reminds me, did you see the youtube video, someone put a go pro inside a dishwasher....heh, maybe you'd reconsider your dislike of hand washing after watching it. Dishwasher ain't magic that's for sure.

Whoa the clutch is huge, I really like it.  I think it would work for me to take to yoga, my flip flops might fit inside with a small water bottle, my mat wipes, keys and my phone.  That way I don't have to lug my purse to class.

My hair mist/salt spray leaked a bit, nothing major. Smells nice, I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

My necklace was white.  This is the only item I was a bit unsure about. I like it better in person but not sure I would really rock it. I suppose white is the most neutral option. I'm undecided if I'll keep this or put it up for trade.

I swatched all the Tarte options at Sephora this weekend, I got Tipsy which I'm happy with it, I'm somewhere between medium fair so I think this color will work for me.  I'm surprised so many hate this option. I think it's so pretty.  

My olive oil was from Australia.  I dunno about ya'll but I make my own dressing so this will not go to waste. I prefer just olive oil and vinegar dressings usually and summer is a big salad season.  I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Thankfully I really like my box! 

I got the turquoise necklace, which was what I was hoping for.  I agree that the chain is kinda cheap looking but I think I'll wear it.  I love turquoise!

I got the olive oil from Australia and am hoping to trade for the other flavors.  I think it's very fitting for a summer box...great for cooking on the grill, salads and you can even use it on your skin and hair! 

My hair spray didn't leak, thankfully.  I reallllly want to find  salt spray I like, but so far, no luck. I'll give this one a try but we'll see.  It may go on my trade list.

The glasses are bigger than I was thinking.  We are going to keep them so now I need to find some good summery drinks to make.

I got the tarte in Tipsy.  Nudes don't usually work for me, so I am glad I got a little color.  I think coral should be ok.

I LOVE the bag!  It is very summery and it doesn't bother me at all it says "for popsugar" inside.  If it was on the outside, I'd be heartbroken.  I'm going to find as many reasons as I can to use this this summer!

Overall I think it was worth the $100 to me  personally.  I'll use everything, except maybe the spray and I get to try/own things I wouldn't buy for myself normally.

I got my box and I'm actually pretty okay with it. The glasses are definitely nicer than I expected and are a nice set to have this summer. I got the necklace in turquoise (yay!!!!) and Tarte in Tipsy, which I'm pretty happy about. Still looking to trade the Tarte items as I'm swimming in makeup.

The bag is pretty nice but I really wish we'd gotten a tote instead since we JUST got a clutch in the Resort box and this clutch is an awkward size. I tried putting my 11-inch computer in it and it wouldn't fit so I'm still trying to figure out a use for it (or someone to swap with).

Haven't tried the hair spray yet or the oil but I'm sure they'll be fine. Basically, this box is okay but not great, in my opinion. I really wish I had gotten the holiday box this past winter since that was everything I love!

Got mine today! Exposed Tarte items (love the blush, wish I received Tipsy in the lippie), teal necklace, and Portugal olive oil. I'm so much more pleased with everything in person. :) The clutch is marvelous and I love how it's a tiny bit heavy, too.

However, I think my necklace is damaged. I contacted Customer Service. Does anyone else's necklace have white spots where the black should be? Does this look normal? Hopefully they show up okay on the attached.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Whoa the clutch is huge, I really like it. I think it would work for me to take to yoga, my flip flops might fit inside with a small water bottle, my mat wipes, keys and my phone. That way I don't have to lug my purse to class.
Love this! Great idea. You've got me thinking about carrying it on vacation instead of my purse now.

@@grey, I'm wearing my necklace now and no, it doesn't have those white spots. Hope Popsugar CS can help!

Also, does anyone have any more ideas for how to use the bag? I really like how it looks but it's just a weird size for me. 

@@grey, I'm wearing my necklace now and no, it doesn't have those white spots. Hope Popsugar CS can help!

Also, does anyone have any more ideas for how to use the bag? I really like how it looks but it's just a weird size for me. 
I think it would be great to take to the pool or beach instead of a purse.  I use ipsy bags for my phone/keys/cash etc but could fit a bit more in this one. 

Thanks! Glad I wasn't going insane and didn't contact them needlessly. If anything, I can probably cover with black nail polish, but I hope they help considering the value of the necklace.
I'm thinking of storing my iPad Mini in my purse in the bag. You could also keep it in your car and fill it with your kids' items, Kleenex, etc... a little (gorgeous) storage bag for your car?

Thanks! Glad I wasn't going insane and didn't contact them needlessly. If anything, I can probably cover with black nail polish, but I hope they help considering the value of the necklace.

I'm thinking of storing my iPad Mini in my purse in the bag. You could also keep it in your car and fill it with your kids' items, Kleenex, etc... a little (gorgeous) storage bag for your car?
I live in NYC so no car but yeah, using it as a super cute storage bag is a good idea. Maybe I just need to get a bigger bag (like the Madewell Transport tote I've been eyeing for a while) to fit it in. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I live in NYC so no car but yeah, using it as a super cute storage bag is a good idea. Maybe I just need to get a bigger bag (like the Madewell Transport tote I've been eyeing for a while) to fit it in. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
A bigger bag is a great idea! Not to encourage you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, but I just bought a new bag off Poshmark tonight because 1) I really wanted it and 2) it will fit this clutch easier. I'm a huge fan of Deena & Ozzy bags (not real leather). Hope you can make use out of the clutch!
Just took a shower and towel dried my hair, then sprayed it with the texturizing spray. Can already tell I'm going to love this!

A bigger bag is a great idea! Not to encourage you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, but I just bought a new bag off Poshmark tonight because 1) I really wanted it and 2) it will fit this clutch easier. I'm a huge fan of Deena & Ozzy bags (not real leather). Hope you can make use out of the clutch!

Just took a shower and towel dried my hair, then sprayed it with the texturizing spray. Can already tell I'm going to love this!
Yay! Glad you like the box. I'm surprised I like it as much as I do, despite being like ljakjfklafskdljfdkjas when I first saw it. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't know there would be so much controversy about my dishwashing comment! Lol.

The thing is, I'm perfectly willing to hand wash really nice stemware, china, whatever. (That's stuff I don't use too often.) But it really just doesn't make sense to me to have to hand wash kinda cheap-looking everyday glasses. I would not have bought them for that reason and would have selected one of the many other glasses that can be washed however you want.

That's all! No offense to anyone who doesn't have a dishwasher - I didn't at my last apartment, either! But when you do, it's a lot more convenient, and it is pretty much the standard for most everyday plates and glassware to be dishwasher safe, so this is just kind of a head-scratcher.

Got my box today and I really like it. If I had seen the entire contents of the box prior to ordering, would I have purchased it? I'm not sure...

I got the Tarte in Tipsy - which I am thankful for. I was afraid I was going to get the nudie color which would not work on me at all. Though, I am not sure this coral shade will look so great on me either but I know I have more of a chance with it than the "Exposed" shade. I was hoping I'd get "Flush" or "Fearless" but I've not seen anyone get those shades so far.

Received the necklace in white, which was my second choice. I think it's cute. No, I don't think it's $100 cute but I'll still wear it. Still debating on whether or not to try to trade it for a turquoise one. I do not really have any turquoise necklaces, which seems crazy for me as I have a crap-ton of jewelry!

They sent me the olive oil in Portugal. It'll get used but I found myself saying... WHERE IS THE FOOD ITEM IN THIS BOX? The little oinker in me wanted a snack, darnit.

I really like the rocks glasses and those will definitely get used. The pouch was more than I expected. I'm not sure I'd use it as a clutch but I'll def use it at the beach, for travel and possibly school. I like the Sachajuan brand so I'm looking forward to trying the mist.

Overall this box is a win for me, but it would have been a bigger win if it was priced at $75 versus $100. But then again I say that sort of thing about everything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back