PopSugar Special Edition Summer Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today! Love the rocks glasses and the Tarte. I actually think Exposed is really pretty. The olive oil is so cute and fancy too! I'll definitely try the Sachajuan. I just got Bumble and Bumble surf spray in the Sephora Summer Crushes set so I'll have to compare the two. I'm kind of on the fence about the clutch and I think I'm definitely going to ebay the necklace which I got turquoise in.

I am liking this box a lot! The glasses are adorable and I don't mind handwashing them. I handwash all my wine glasses and cocktail glasses anyways, nbd.

I'll be testing out the Tarte and ocean mist this afternoon. I hope they work out.,

The clutch is great for a beach/pool bag. I know I will get a lot of use out of it. I hope I'll use the necklace. I got white, which is my #1 preference. The olive oil is a bit odd to me, but I'll surely use it. I'm a salad girl, year round.

I got my box today. It ok, not what I was expecting. I think for me personally it was not worth the $100. I felt like the Pinterest inspiration page did not reflect the box like I was hoping. I was kind of expecting something different. I had gotten last years holiday and Neiman Marcus boxes and I though they were great. I guess after seeing the resort box I should have skipped this one but I had never tried a Tarte product before and I have a hard time passing on makeup.

I received the Tarte in Tipsy which I am really excited about. It is the perfect color for me. The clutch/bag I think I could find useful. I wouldn't take it out probably but maybe I'll put stuff in it when I travel. I was surprised by how big it was. I am interested in trying the olive oil. I got Australia. I will see about the ocean mist. Not sure if it will work on my hair. The rock glasses I will never use and the necklace (which I got in white) is not me at all. I also don't think the necklace is worth what they are selling it for IMO.

Question: for those of you who have sold some of your items on eBay, how does that work? I have never sold anything on eBay before.

Just got my box. I like it wayyyy better than the Resort Edition box, but it's still just so-so for me.  I was psyched for a turquoise necklace, but I got the white one.  The glasses are cute and Exposed seems to be a nice color for my fair skin.  I really like the big pouch, though I'm not yet sure how I'll use it.  

If you're keeping the pouch, how do you plan on utilizing it?   

I got my box today. It ok, not what I was expecting. I think for me personally it was not worth the $100. I felt like the Pinterest inspiration page did not reflect the box like I was hoping. I was kind of expecting something different. I had gotten last years holiday and Neiman Marcus boxes and I though they were great. I guess after seeing the resort box I should have skipped this one but I had never tried a Tarte product before and I have a hard time passing on makeup.

I received the Tarte in Tipsy which I am really excited about. It is the perfect color for me. The clutch/bag I think I could find useful. I wouldn't take it out probably but maybe I'll put stuff in it when I travel. I was surprised by how big it was. I am interested in trying the olive oil. I got Australia. I will see about the ocean mist. Not sure if it will work on my hair. The rock glasses I will never use and the necklace (which I got in white) is not me at all. I also don't think the necklace is worth what they are selling it for IMO.

Question: for those of you who have sold some of your items on eBay, how does that work? I have never sold anything on eBay before.
Ebay keeps 10% of your sales.  And PayPal keeps 3% + 3 cents I believe.  Plus you have to consider shipping costs.  Plus it has to be marked down. Check out the other items that are on there.

I got my box today...tarte in exposed and a white necklace. I decided I did not like the necklace so I whipped out some nail polish and make it a color that I did like. After a few trials, I settled on a purple. It's not too bad, and if I ever change my mind, a swipe of nail polish remover and it's white again!

image.jpg

I got my box yesterday. Tarte in Exposed. It's an okay color, but I feel like since I'm so pale it almost looks like a sunburn/rash color which isn't exactly great.

The necklace was thankfully the teal one, and my sea salt spray was not leaking.

I don't LOVE the box, but I don't hate it. It just seems like it isn't worth $100, to me personally.

One thing - we can't talk publicly about trades on here (need to PM). Just putting that out there for the newbies.  I don't know if it's worth mailing back/forth generally and go to the trades boards if/when I do decide (or PM). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On other notes, both boxes are the same (would be nice for variations) but I get them in case I want duplicates and also for gifts. Portugal for the oil and turquoise for the necklace. Still undecided on keeping those as well.  Will see. 

I got my box today, and now that I have it in person, I love it! Got the tarte in tipsy and the white necklace. My hair spray was leaking quite a bit, but most of it stayed contained in the bubble wrap pouch. I love the clutch. It is way nicer and luxurious than what I thought it would be. I'm just not sure what I can use it as, but I love it!

Would I have spent $100 if I knew the contents? Probably not. But I'm sure glad I did.

I tested out the ocean mist yesterday on my towel dried hair. I just let my hair air dry and later I felt like I could "rough it up" with my hands/nails and I got some great volume and texture. I will apply it dry today and see what happens. My hair is straight, fine and thick. Also, I read that some people really didn't like the smell and I didn't even notice it once it was in.

I also have played a bit with the exposed tarte products. I am really liking the lip product. I lost my nude Mac lipstick so this is needed in my collection. It feels great on and is perfect for a casual look. The blush I'm still undecided about. I feel like you really can't see it much on my skin tone. I applied with a foundation brush, which worked well. I guess I'm used to brighter blush? I will keep trying though as this is definitely something new and fun!

Ebay keeps 10% of your sales. And PayPal keeps 3% + 3 cents I believe. Plus you have to consider shipping costs. Plus it has to be marked down. Check out the other items that are on there.
Thank you so much for the advice.

I received my 2 boxes yesterday.  The got the color, Exposed, for the Tarte items in both boxes.  And the Turquoise horn necklace in both.  The oil was the only variation where I received Portugal and USA. 

The Tarte color seems a little light on me.  But, I have been out in the sun with the kids after school things so it might look better with lighter skin.  I have never used these products and I do like them.  I will test it again later.  

One of the sea spray bottles leaked.  But, most of it is still there.  The smell didn't bother me so I will try it out.

I like the necklace.  I was hoping to get different colors in this one.  But, glad I received turquoise.  I don't know how to swap or ebay so the second one will sit in a box.  A side note, I saw on the website that the horn necklace was on women in bathing suits.  I am not one to accessorize while wearing a bathing suit. I wear necklaces that I wear in the shower and my wedding ring but, never thought to wear a necklace like that with a bathing suit.  Does anyone wear accessories with their bathing suit?

The glasses are cute.  My first thought is they are not really my style.  Maybe they will grown on me.

I really like the pouch.  It is much bigger than a makeup bag.  I will definitely use this.

One thing - we can't talk publicly about trades on here (need to PM). Just putting that out there for the newbies.  I don't know if it's worth mailing back/forth generally and go to the trades boards if/when I do decide (or PM). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On other notes, both boxes are the same (would be nice for variations) but I get them in case I want duplicates and also for gifts. Portugal for the oil and turquoise for the necklace. Still undecided on keeping those as well.  Will see. 
@ has it right:  Trade or sale requests in this or any other discussion thread will be removed.  The PopSugar swap thread is here:  

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/129500-popsugar-2014-swaps-and-trades/

I kind of wish I had ordered this box. The glasses are cute but maybe if you didn't want to use them for drinks you could put votive candles in them? They look pretty summery and would be cute for outside on a deck?

I got Tipsy and a white necklace. I am pretty disappointed. The Tarte color isn't right for me and I just can't see myself using any of it - maybe I'll keep the pouch and the olive oil, but the rest will just sit around :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I kind of wish I had ordered this box. The glasses are cute but maybe if you didn't want to use them for drinks you could put votive candles in them? They look pretty summery and would be cute for outside on a deck?
I love this - great idea!! I may do that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Should have my box tomorrow!

So, I just opened my ox that came yesterday, and I guess I will do a run down like the rest of you ladies.

City Rocks Glasses- they are cute, not my style, but the will get used. I like the suggestion of putting a tea light inside.

Blue Tropics Pouch- the print is great. It's a huge bag to use for makeup. Maybe it will get used for my ipad.

Ocean Mist- Unfortunately, mine leaked a little like everyone else's. I don't think it was enough though to make me contact PS.

Horn Necklace- I got the turquoise, which I was happy about. However, it smells like cheap metal, if you know what I mean. It also had 2 long hairs tangled in the chain, like someone had tried it on. And they aren't mine, b/c that is how it came out of the pouch. Not happy about that, gross.

Tarte Items- Tipsy, works for me

Olive Oil- Australia, I use olive oil all of the time, so this will be used.

This was my first LE, and I am kind of torn about it. I like it, but I don't love it. I wish the horn necklace would have been less of a let down, since that was the big ticket item. I will probably try one more LE box, before I say I am done with them.

Back