PopSugar Special Edition Summer Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely love it. I am so happy with my first LE box. Those glasses are adorable, the necklace is gorgeous!! Can't wait for it to get here! 

the glasses look really cool but i'm not sure about all other items... especially the clutch -> didn't they just send one in resort box??? I don't even believe this one is of better quality

just got my box...my variations were white horn necklace(was hoping for turquoise but white was my second choice), olive oil from portugal, both tarte products in "exposed".  The bag is cute but seems a bit big to use as an everyday tote.Not sure what I will use it for.  The glasses are really nice!  

I don't think the word clutch is the right word for the bag. It looks like more of a makeup bag.

Got my box. Not a fan. My main issues:

-got the white necklace. I thought it had potential from the pics but IMO it looks SUPER cheap. Seriously. No way would I even believe it went for the Gilt price of $79.

-agree that the "clutch" looks more like a makeup bag or a bikini bag. Definitely not something you would put your wallet in.

-the glasses say they are printed with "organic ink" and have to be hand washed. Really?

This was my first time paying $100 for a Poosugar box and it will definitely be my last.

Got my box. Not a fan. My main issues:

-got the white necklace. I thought it had potential from the pics but IMO it looks SUPER cheap. Seriously. No way would I even believe it went for the Gilt price of $79.

-agree that the "clutch" looks more like a makeup bag or a bikini bag. Definitely not something you would put your wallet in.

-the glasses say they are printed with "organic ink" and have to be hand washed. Really?

This was my first time paying $100 for a Poosugar box and it will definitely be my last.
What color tarte did you get?

I got Tarte Exposed. Also Olive Oil from Australia and Sachajuan Ocean Mist for hair.

The glasses are the only thing I kinda liked - nice quality, but I'm annoyed that they have to be hand washed :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Tarte Exposed. Also Olive Oil from Australia and Sachajuan Ocean Mist for hair.

The glasses are the only thing I kinda liked - nice quality, but I'm annoyed that they have to be hand washed :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Some of use still live in the stone age and don't have a dishwasher, so I hand wash e'rythang.  Nbd for me.  

I got the white horn necklace and I am so disappointed... 

I was going to go spoiler-free but I don't think I can hold it any longer. It shipped Friday May 30 but the expected arrival day is June 12!! What?? Come on, Fedex!

I don't get what the olive oil has to do with this box, seems out of sorts, and doesn't bring summer to mind at all. The glasses are interesting, and the necklace is as well...but not something I see as summery, more fall or winter. Not a curation that appeals to me, but for others at $100?

My package arrived at my local post office today....I called to see if I can pick it up instead of waiting until tomorrow....they said no.... <_<  I am so excited to find out what variations I get!!

Just got my box and tore into it in the car while waiting for my son at the bus stop : )

I love, love, love it all!

1. The clutch is adorable. I would totally use it as a clutch and I'm mainly a Prada, LV type of girl, but it's totally something that I could rock with boyfriend jeans, heels and a plain tee and it would add some interest and take things up a notch. I also would take it to the beach or pool and not have to worry about it getting wrecked. I would never buy an accessory like this on my own, but now that it's mine, I'm definitely going to use it - one of the reasons I love PS so much!

2. The olive oil is cool, maybe a little too fancy for me to use on my own. I might gift it to someone with a cool serving dish or some other gourmet items. Then again, I might just whip it out and be all fancy next time we have guests.

3. Super excited about trying the Sachajuan hair mist. I love these types of products for my hair.

4. Love the glasses. I wish they weren't hand wash only. I put them away for now because I need to find a space for them with my special dishes, but I would totally use these for drinks for a girl's night in.

5. The Tarte products are fun. I got Exposed

6. Love the necklace, but I really wanted the turquoise color, so it's going on my trade list.

All in all an excellent box for me!

I got mine as well and am very happy with the box.

Got the necklace in green which I love ... Unfortunately, one of the stone pieces was broken out of the horn. CS got back to me super quickly and they are sending me a replacement .. which is wonderful. Just hoping, it's also a green (or turquoise) one.

I would not pay $78 for the necklace (let alone the full amount) as I agree .. it doesn't look HQ-elegant or something. But, it's supposed to be vintage style and it works for me (just not with a big chunk missing in it).

Also got exposed and I love the color. The lip tint is great. Not sure about the cheek stain. It's very sticky when I apply .. feels weird. And if I put mineral make-up or poweder on top to take away the shine/stickiness, the color also disappears. So, I don't know.

I think it's good for a nude, summer look .. so kind of perfect with the theme. I was hoping for Tipsy, but Exposed is fine for me, too.

LOVE the glasses. Exactly, something I would have bought. And I don't mind handwashing every now and then. Superhappy about the city selection .. especially SF and London!

The hair spray is ok I guess. I'll use it, but it doesn't excite me. It's fine though.

And the clutch is also exactly my thing ... I LOVE it. Much better quality than the resort clutch .. and it looks fancier to me as well (mostly cause it's well made and not cheap). Not something I'd take to an evening at the opera or a wedding, but perfect for the beach or summer BBQ parties or any other outdoor event.

I also think that the olive oil is perfect for summer .. summer to me is sitting outdoors and eating fresh tomato salad with fresh baked ciabatta bread dipped into HQ olive oil. Yum! I only wish I had gotten something more exotic than Sonoma .. or even a whole set to try and compare them all. That would have been splendid!

So, overall, I am really pleased with this box and very glad I got it. Now, I'm hoping that my replacement necklace will get to me quickly (and that it's not white .. though I think white would look awesome with a black dress/shirt etc.).

Anyone else upset/wondering why they posted the Tarte spoiler in tipsy but so far everyone got exposed? I feel like maybe Tarte gave them a deal on their least purchased color or something and that's why we're all getting the nude color lol because honestly nude does not scream "summer" to me. 

Anyone else upset/wondering why they posted the Tarte spoiler in tipsy but so far everyone got exposed? I feel like maybe Tarte gave them a deal on their least purchased color or something and that's why we're all getting the nude color lol because honestly nude does not scream "summer" to me.
I'm starting to think that too...I really hope we start to see other colors.

The fact that everyone is getting "exposed" so far makes me glad I didn't purchase it because I already own it! While I prefer nude tones and use this in the summer, I also agree that a fun pop of color is expected in a summery box. Maybe they thought the nude would be more flattering on a majority of people vs. a color like coral? Then again, I doubt the nude shade would even show up on darker skin tones....

Latest posts

Back