PopSugar Special Edition Summer Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way I'm buying this one after all the issues with the last one.  I was one of the folks they lied to about having shipped it already...and I wasted so much time just getting a refund. I can't give my $ to people with such horrible customer service practices. 

Passing on this one. So far not a single one of past LE boxes would have been worth it for me personally.

Happy birthday to my fellow junebugs! My birthday's the first, but I'll be treating myself to the Nina Garcia box instead of this one.... probably! I'll wait for a spoiler, but the regular May box was already my perfect summer box.

But I know I'll be trading for the beauty/skincare item; they save the very best stuff for the LE boxes. Also, it says 'escape the ordinary'... I wonder what that means? Maybe no sunscreen/tanner/sunglasses/etc that we might expect? 

I was very unhappy with the resort box (not so much the content apart from the clutch, but the way they handled the delay). Though including the lip gloss made up for quite a bit of it. They should have just gone that way right away instead of waiting ..

So I'm thinking maybe this one will be a really nice one to get more positive feedback?

I don't know though .. we're leaving on vacation the 12th .. so it's unlikely it will get here on time even if they send it by the 7th.

Unless they put out a spoiler for something totally amazing and stupendous, I'm going to pass.  Even though I got a free lip gloss, I'm really unhappy about the resort box (not just because of the super late shipping. . I didn't think things in the box were that worth it.  I only liked the bracelets and the towel.  And that awful "clutch", which is really just a pouch and not that unique or attractive).

If you're trying to decide how to spent $100 and haven't already subbed to the Nina Garcia box . . hurry on over there!  Last quarter they sold out and it was totally the box of my dreams. I also like the very first Nina box and regret not getting it, plus she announced the other day that just one item in the box sells for $100 and can be purchased on Net A Porter.  Popsugar is too hit or miss for me and $100 is too much of a gamble.  

Bah! I'm worried I'm going to cave even without a spoiler and after I bought the crappy resort one. I mean, can they really screw up that badly twice in a row? And I did really like the May box a lot. I really do have no self control at all...

I will now always be wary on the LE boxes. I will be interested to watch for spoilers, but they will have a hard time tempting me. I love, Love! The monthly PopSugar boxes, they always have different items that I can enjoy, or gift to others and I gleen a real sense of value for the price. But my first LE box, the Resort box was very disappointing to me. With a price point of $100.00 and being shipped, 3 weeks beyond my furthest expectations of having delivery, I wish I'd requested my Money Back at the time. It just didn't have the sense of value to it and the listed value of the items in the box didn't match-up to anything new or unique, especially with the inflated list prices on them. I can only hope they will Wow me this time, I'm hopeful. I'd really jump if they'd send us (that ordered the spring box) a special discount code invitation to try another LE box. I'm dreaming I know, but one can daydream

I have no self control, so I caved.  I am going to make what I think are some reasonable assumptions.  1) Based on the shipping fiasco (later than promised) with the Resort box, this one WILL ship on time.  2) The offerings should be considerably diffferent from the Resort box, i.e. no purses/clutches, bracelets, body wash, etc...  Thoughts?

I'm in! Anything pink and Hawaii themed I can't resist!

photo.PNG

I got excited about this and posted in the other place.

Here's what I see:

beach hair

Hawaii

polka dotted washi tape

turquoise stones

lime flavored drink mix

Coral colored paint swatches

Whatever it is, it is definitely tropical! 

I'm guessing some sort if turquoise jewelry maybe a necklace

Probably sea salt spray

Something to do with tropical/lime drinks

I'm hoping for a great after sun body lotion with aloe

Maybe a cute pink wrap or cover up?

Ahhh I'm torn!  I didn't hate the resort box, and mine didn't ship late or have any damaged items...but I think I'm going to hold off for a spoiler...

The resort box wasn't for me, and the one LE box I ordered I loved, but I need a spoiler. I'm considering adding Nina again( I keep canceling it) for my summer birthday

I'm going to splurge on this one based on last year's summer box. I actually ended up using all the items. Hoping its a great fun filled box.

I'm subbed to Nina Garcia Quarterly and FFF which both ship in June... do I dare sub to this one also? ahhh what a decision! I canceled PS monthly sub because I do feel like they put more effort into their special edition boxes, but I was NOT impressed with their resort box, and pretty glad that I didn't get it!

Do they usually advertise a certain value ahead of time? $100 is just so much money and if I'd spent that much on the resort box, I would've been pissed.

Back