Post your Secret Santa Gifts! 2007

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh. I'm so distresses to think that there are those who never received gifts. I know things happen. Like mine being sent back once but shame on you if you did sign up and never sent anything. Fess up so we can get something to the person you were supposed to buy for. PM Marisol. We won't openly say your name on the boards but at least your recipient will have the chance to get something from someone else.

I PMed my SS about the gift, if she doesn't receive it soon then I want to get her something else, maybe an e-gift card so the shipping won't skrew up again :/

I just wanted to drop in and update.

Although I didn't get my SS gift Marisol sent me the cutest Benefit Her Glossiness lipgloss set!

So thank you to Marisol!

It was a very kind and generous gesture=)

I am sad as well for those who didn't get thier gifts on time, or at all.

Next year we will somehow find a way to make it go smoothly and easily for all involved
glasses.gif

Thanks again Marisol! I was quite surprised when I checked the mail today!!!!!!!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by LilRayofSun /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just wanted to drop in and update.
Although I didn't get my SS gift Marisol sent me the cutest Benefit Her Glossiness lipgloss set!

So thank you to Marisol!

It was a very kind and generous gesture=)

I am sad as well for those who didn't get thier gifts on time, or at all.

Next year we will somehow find a way to make it go smoothly and easily for all involved
glasses.gif

Thanks again Marisol! I was quite surprised when I checked the mail today!!!!!!!
rockwoot.gif

Yay I am glad that you got them. Hope you enjoy them.

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif would it be against our no buy if i went out and became your secret santa? Oh honey bunny I don't want you to go out of pocket for me!!! I assure you I took part in the SS thing more for th egiving than the getting.
I guess I view it as banking good karma.

Doing something for the sheer joy in doing it.

How is your no buy going BTW?

PM me, we should exchange email addys!!!!!!
love5.gif

It is so upsetting to me that there are people who signed up and didn't hold up to their end of sending out a gift. I love the Secret Santa gift exchange and I really hope that a few selfish people didn't ruin it. Of course, I'm not talking about those that sent it out and the mail service ruined it, I mean those that signed up and didn't send anything out. Shame on them.
frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear some of you did not get your SSgifts..........I did not get mine last year......and the person I sent my gift to never bothered to acknowledge whether or not she got hers....I'm pretty certain she did b/c all the other packages I sent out arrived safe......I was more upset about that than not receiving one myself.

Anyway.............on a positive note.....SS worked out well for me this year both giving and receiving.......so gals, don't give up on next years SS!!!!!

Hi,

No I didn't get mine. Not discouraged tho' as I think it was the Postal Service that mucked it up!

I will sign up for next year.

To my SS, if you get the package back, don't worry about resending it.

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
No I didn't get mine. Not discouraged tho' as I think it was the Postal Service that mucked it up!

awww that sucks really bad
frown.gif
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,

Sorry, Leza, for that! I was your Secret Santa, and i got really worried about the Postal Service - they told you that they'd send you the gift and didn't
frown.gif
But i don't have international tracking on your package, so i can't say if it's still with them or if it was already sent back
scared.gif

The Brazilian Postal service gave me a mark of 2-3 weeks for it to arrive there - i sent you chocolates believing on that!

I'm so SORRY! But i'll try to make up for it.

Lia

Originally Posted by Lia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry, Leza, for that! I was your Secret Santa, and i got really worried about the Postal Service - they told you that they'd send you the gift and didn't
frown.gif
But i don't have international tracking on your package, so i can't say if it's still with them or if it was already sent back
scared.gif

The Brazilian Postal service gave me a mark of 2-3 weeks for it to arrive there - i sent you chocolates believing on that!

I'm so SORRY! But i'll try to make up for it.

Lia

Hi Lia:
I certainly appreciate it, but please don't worry about it. Besides your upcoming rotation is more important (Emergency Medicine / Urgent Care).
hug.gif

I just wanted to close out my SS loss,

Since Marisol sent me such a sweet surprise I should take me off the list.

I didn't get anything from my SS, whomever she was(Haven't heard)

But again I DID get a pretty darn awesome gift from Marisol, That I am absolutely treasuring!

UPDATE:

I know it's been more than 4 months since Christmas, but today (now) the package i sent Leza just came back in the mail. It was marked as unclaimed since 12/10 , and it was sent back to me.

I would like to tell her that i'm REALLY REALLY SORRY.

I have enjoyed this swap so much the past 2 years; are we planning to do it again this year? I hope so!

I was wondering this too...because I've enjoyed it as well. But, it seems the number of people who get screwed by the Secret Santa goes up every year and also Marisol usually coordinates this and she's not a mod anymore.

Back