Post your Secret Santa Gifts! 2007

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checking in, still nothing.

Though I still have hope!!!!!!!

eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by yupyupme /img/forum/go_quote.gif I finally got my gift (the post office misread the address TWICE:p) but it is OK as I am very happy with my present now!!! Thank you, secret santa. You are the best!!!
heart.gif

- MAC pigments(dazzleray, sunpepper, copper sparkle, lily white ) and glitter.

Thank you again. :]]]

I am so glad you finally received it. I felt so bad the first time it was sent back.

Here is a list of the people who have yet to receive their SS gift. If I missed you, let me know:

*`Deena`*

Angellove

EyeCandyDiva

greeneyedangel

Jessimau

kaylin_marie

lia_matos

LilrayofSun

lummerz

michal_cohen

mimichaton205

XQueenofHeartsX

Zoey

I think Polona (Zoey) haven't got her gift too.

So it's 13 people with Polona. Dang! I think, there won't be any SS next year I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think Polona (Zoey) haven't got her gift too.So it's 13 people with Polona. Dang! I think, there won't be any SS next year I'm afraid.

I will add Polona and you are right. It makes me sad that some people won't live up to their end of the agreement.

Hi,

I haven't received mine either. I think it's because my post office wouldn't deliver it while I was home (I did an online delivery request). Instead they opted to attempt a re-deliverly when I wasn't at home. Go figure....

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did you get your package yet? Hi Marisol,
Thanks for asking. No I have't received it yet.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here is a list of the people who have yet to receive their SS gift. If I missed you, let me know:
*`Deena`*

Angellove

EyeCandyDiva

greeneyedangel

Jessimau

kaylin_marie

lia_matos

LilrayofSun

lummerz

michal_cohen

mimichaton205

XQueenofHeartsX

Zoey

Oh this is distressing because I sent my gift on November 17, 2007. I still have the receipt too. I can't imagine that the gift didn't or hasn't arrive yet. I purposefully sent my gift early to beat the holiday rush.

Some gifts could be lost still... i guess.

Marisol, didn't you say you tried to contact the SS of the people who didn't receive a gift yet? Did any of them respond? If you got any responses those gifts might just be lost in the mail, and could be delivered still.

How long do you wait though?

And sadly if you tried to contact SS's and they are avoiding your pm's, well obviously they're not being fair... and probably never sent a gift.

I'll pitch in if needed... I'll gladly take another person who didn't receive anything... lmk.

What is frustrating is that some people are responding and some aren't. I will wait until the end of January and figure out what to do next.

Thanks for your help Nicole.

I don't want this to ruin it for everyone for future years! It's so fun! I wish there was some way to guarantee if you signed up, you really sent a gift! Like if it's in the U.S. we're required to get delivery confirmation to participate and pm the tracking to Marisol, then you'd at least know if the package was sent and just got lost! I don't know!! Another idea is you're required to have a certain post count or be like video access already to participate. I'm afraid people sign up that have like 20 posts and don't come back. (No offense newbies), but it's nice to actually get to know people first!

Anyway, I'll volunteer to have another person. I actually did an exchange with someone that missed the sign up and it's always fun to do more. I have way too much stuff that I've never used anyway!! LOL

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want this to ruin it for everyone for future years! It's so fun! I wish there was some way to guarantee if you signed up, you really sent a gift! Like if it's in the U.S. we're required to get delivery confirmation to participate and pm the tracking to Marisol, then you'd at least know if the package was sent and just got lost! I don't know!! Another idea is you're required to have a certain post count or be like video access already to participate. I'm afraid people sign up that have like 20 posts and don't come back. (No offense newbies), but it's nice to actually get to know people first!
Anyway, I'll volunteer to have another person. I actually did an exchange with someone that missed the sign up and it's always fun to do more. I have way too much stuff that I've never used anyway!! LOL

I appreciate your support and I will let you know.

It is really hard to try to have rules for these kinds of exchanges because there have been people that have 50 posts and they have lived up to their end of the agreement and then you have users who have 3,000 plus posts who disappear and don't live up to the agreement.

Yup, it is. My gift was sent really early, and the post office said it'd be delivered in 5 to 15 business days
tongue.gif
Yeah, right, and here it's snowing like crazy (insert big dose of sarcasm).

That sucks! There are way too many people on that list! It's sad that people do this because it ruins it for the rest of us.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif I appreciate your support and I will let you know.

It is really hard to try to have rules for these kinds of exchanges because there have been people that have 50 posts and they have lived up to their end of the agreement and then you have users who have 3,000 plus posts who disappear and don't live up to the agreement.

Yeah, that makes sense! Another idea is that everyone has to pay you $5 or something to participate and then at the end, whoever hasn't received a gift, you'll be able to use the money to send them a gc or something! I think if people have to pay an extra $5, they'll actually really participate instead of signing up and disappearing! I'm just trying to figure out a way that we can keep doing this because I love it! LOL It would be worth an extra $5 for me!

I'm an active member on some other boards that do a secret santa, and every year we have to pm the delivery confirmation number to the person in charge by a certain date. The people who don't send gifts are banned from secret santa and he posts their names in a thread. I think every year it's been 2-3 people who don't receive anything. You also have to be a member for so long. I think a year...I don't remember exactly.

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm an active member on some other boards that do a secret santa, and every year we have to pm the delivery confirmation number to the person in charge by a certain date. The people who don't send gifts are banned from secret santa and he posts their names in a thread. I think every year it's been 2-3 people who don't receive anything. You also have to be a member for so long. I think a year...I don't remember exactly. Well, that works for within the USA, but you can only track an International package until it's left the country. The only way after that is via Express Mail, and that's a fortune!

I think it's a us only thing, i know they have an international board and exchange within their own countries. It's a hobby place. There will always be some who are just in it to get something.

Back