Quarterly Co. Bianca Jade / Mizzfit **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I had just wandered over there on a whim. I think Bianca should stop paying attention to what others have said. With the last one I'm starting to think she may not be the best for a box.

I will say MSA commenters crack me up because no matter the value it's either never enough or that they didn't get their box right for them specifically. And while I love the site I think the value thing stems from Lis posting the list value and Amazon price emphasizes that.im generally good so long as what I paid is equivalent to what I paid.

I understand that people expect a certain value with boxes (usually way more than the price of the box). I think that is the biggest draw of many of the boxes. I'm satisfied as long as the value is at least the amount that I paid for. I don't calculate the value of a box other than I might do a quick run down in my head. If I'm really excited about the content of the box I received, I don't even care what the value is. If I'm disappointed with the box, I think the value comes more into play but as long as the value what I paid for is there, I'm usually ok. It's nice that Bianca is accessible on social media for the people who wish to interact with her. That's what social media is perfect for. As a curator of a box though, she should let the negative comments go and not take them so personally. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and when you are curating a box to the masses, not everyone is going to like it. I have to say that seeing the Jafra products in the box where quite the shock to me because I didn't realize the brand was still around and I don't think that brand fits with the quality level of the box or Quarterly for that matter.  

Last edited by a moderator:
About the curators reading/making comments.....I get that they put a lot into their work.  We all do.  Even if it is some big corporation, somewhere, someone is making a decision to make this product or promote that product.  If it goes wrong, someone may get criticized or even fired.  Even mega companies have humans working there.

It is business though.  Can you imagine if you went to return a gift at a store and said the reason was something like "I hate rose scented products" and the store owner/designer said to you that they didn't ever want you shopping in their store?  That's what I feel some of the curators are saying.  Weird to me.

It is business though.  Can you imagine if you went to return a gift at a store and said the reason was something like "I hate rose scented products" and the store owner/designer said to you that they didn't ever want you shopping in their store?  That's what I feel some of the curators are saying.  Weird to me.
It's weird to me too!  I've seen this scenario play out with 3 different boxes now.  While it is a big turn off for me, mostly I'm just embarrassed for them. 

Yes on being embarrassed for curators!  It was hilarious to me when it was LLB because I didn't get that box and had no relationship with the curators.  It makes me sad when it's Bianca or Letitia from Decoterie because I have had email conversations with them and I truly like them and want them to succeed.  It's just never a good idea to attack your customers though, and an even worse one to poke the crazies.  Shake it off, ladies!!!

Wanted to warn you guys that my velvet sunglasses seem cheap; I would not recommend getting them if you are on the fence (only because I see that someone else on here felt the same way; makes me worried that it's not just the particular pair I selected).  Sure, they are reasonably cute, but I genuinely believe I could find better quality on the target shelves, and that makes me sad because I was SO excited about these!  I am stressed about getting my $85 back; I can't imagine how people feel who paid $75 more. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, feel bad for Bianca (but she was less extreme than Letitcia, thankfully!).  I sort of don't understand why everyone went crazy on the Salted codes.  If they didnt want to use them, then just ignore them.  I am personally excited to try it out as I think it will be a good addition. I really enjoyed her box.   I'm wearing the watch now, actually. 

Wanted to warn you guys that my velvet sunglasses seem cheap; I would not recommend getting them if you are on the fence (only because I see that someone else on here felt the same way; makes me worried that it's not just the particular pair I selected). Sure, they are reasonably cute, but I genuinely believe I could find better quality on the target shelves, and that makes me sad because I was SO excited about these! I am stressed about getting my $85 back; I can't imagine how people feel who paid $75 more.
I really appreciate your thoughts on the sunglasses. I was on the fence - and really don't need any more sunglasses, and am super picky - so you helped me restrain myself!

I like hearing everyone's thoughts about curators reading comments online and chiming in. It is a really fine line to balance, and I'm torn. On the one hand, I think it could be a win-win if curators can take negative feedback in stride and stay true to their vision while considering feedback from those who buy their boxes. On the other, it's nice to have a place to freely chat about boxes with people who understand/relate, and while I try to be fair and thoughtful generally, I find myself being more self editing if a know a small business curator will be reading.

There are some really intriguing spoilers for #MIZ09!  Per Bianca's instagram, her next box will include @rescueskin moisturizer/serum (looks like a foil packet), @virasun tortoise shell sunglasses (1 of 2 styles), a nutrition app, and a @bellalifestyle blender in red.  I was TRYING to save some $$ but I need a new blender anyway so I'm back in. 

Oh and update on my sunglasses from the last box...the people at velvet eyewear were really easy to work with.  I sent my glasses back, they contacted me and asked for my measurements so they could help me find a style that would better fit my face, I declined (I actually liked the style I picked, just didn't think they were worth $84 much less $159), and my money was refunded.  I thought it was nice that they tried to work with me on finding a different pair.  It *almost* made me want to try something different because good customer service goes a long way with me. 

I'm really torn on whether to keep this sub.  The only spoiler that appeals is the nutrition app and i can get a week free already.  If it's for 3 months, that would be worthwhile but 1 month, not so much.  I hope there will be a fitness item.  

I thought we were supposed to get gloves again this month but I'm not 100% sure that is still the plan.

I'm skipping this quarter, because I already have a blender (multiple blenders!) and multiple pairs of active sunglasses, so i figure the bulk of the value of the box just won't be there for me. But I'm interested to see what you all get! Seems like it should be shipping soon.

Today is apparently the final day to sign up for her box. She just sent out an email that her gloves and boxing wraps are in production so I'm assuming that means that they are not included in this box (something that I actually do want.) The app doesn't really appeal to me, I only wear polarized sunglasses, I have a Vitamix blender (and it's the best thing EVER!) and I'm already backlogged on moisturizers. I recently just started using the SPF moisturizer that she sent out in her last box and it's amazing! I love Bianca but I don't need anything in this box. Although I really appreciate that she spoils the box so much in advance, unlike Nina Garcia. 

Today is apparently the final day to sign up for her box. She just sent out an email that her gloves and boxing wraps are in production so I'm assuming that means that they are not included in this box (something that I actually do want.) The app doesn't really appeal to me, I only wear polarized sunglasses, I have a Vitamix blender (and it's the best thing EVER!) and I'm already backlogged on moisturizers. I recently just started using the SPF moisturizer that she sent out in her last box and it's amazing! I love Bianca but I don't need anything in this box. Although I really appreciate that she spoils the box so much in advance, unlike Nina Garcia. 
I love her boxes too - and want to support her - and will get her next box, but am not getting this one. I too have a vitamix and work from home. 

Haha I subbed, unsubbed, resubbed so many times for this one!  Landed on staying subbed, more to support Bianca than actually needing more stuff.  I will definitely use the blender and the sunnies though.  I find myself not using the fitness stuff lately, hence me being so on the fence.  I am going to try to make myself do whatever workout is in this month's box though to get back in the habit. 

I just got my shipping information and I am excited about this box. I loved the spoilers and I feel like Bianca goes out of her way to bring her subscribers things they can enjoy that may not just be fitness related. 

I unsubbed/resubbed.. meant to unsure but forgot so now I'm getting it. I already have a blender thingy of that size but it's not the most reliable so I figure it's a handy back-up. Do we know if there is a workout or anything this time? I always miss half the spoilers, but mine should be here hopefully Monday but no later than Tuesday

I got my box and it was really amazing. The sunglasses are really cool looking. The blender is really good quality. There were some samples that didn't matter much to me but I was pleased with the higher ticket items. For $50 box I feel like she went out of her way to really bring us some items we can use. I am not sure how to post a photo (if anyone wants to see, let me know please)

Back