Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I officially unsubscribed.  I too may regret it.  But, I have Nina Garcia, Bianca Jade and Rachel Yeomans Quarterly boxes coming.  I liked Nina's and Bianca's.  Rachel will be new but, I think she it will be a fun surprise.

So I am still subscribed. For now. But a few things come to mind. It's very odd that a coupon is the spoiler. Haven't seen that before. Very odd to me anyway.

Also I'm wondering they might release another spoiler. It if they will notice the cancellations that are happening?

That being said, these types of clothes and accessories can be extremely useful when tracking to hide money, passports, etc (cost aside). I don't have a Scottevest, but I have other gadgets or accessories. A friend was JUST pick pocketed in Italy the other day.

Scottvest does have a few things that might be appropriate:

Moleskine journal

Waterproof bag

Ugly pen

Maybe a couple other things, like a water bottle or flashlight. And a few more items that might come in handy if you're mugged or caught in a sharknado or something. But nothing that would get me to buy the box, and Paris isn't exactly a hard sell for me. Hitha did seems to think her coupon counted towards the value of the box, since she said the value was $100 and it wasn't, so this coupon may also.

I waited to see what was in the first Hitha box before subscribing and am glad I did. People who travel with fancy shoe bags obviously do not travel like me. My problem is, 'how can I cram more stuff into my economy class carry-on to avoid paying for a checked bag?' and not, 'how can I keep my Louboutins safe from those clumsy porters at the Four Seasons?'
Nice detectiv work on the accessories! I love the waterproof bags - I may order a few! And darn those clumsy porters always damaging my expensive shoes! I can only imagine showing up at the Four Seasons with my Miami Vice bag?? (Theme plays in background..). I'm

Not sure Hitha actually travels if she recommends this bulky bag. Lol! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Looks like a lot of us like the same Quarterly boxes! I also subscribe to Nina Garcia and signed up for Rachel Yeomans box and Bekka Palmer's box a few months ago. I'm excited to get both. I wonder what Rachel means when she says that 3 of her "readers" will get a special box.  I have been subscribed to her site for awhile but I wonder how she would cross-check that?

I'm a NG, Rachel, 1000 Places kinda girl. I actually signed up for her newsletter so that she'd know a "reader". Otherwise how would she know? Unless I read that wrong. And I think it might be 5 readers?

You are right. It IS five people.  I will be interested to see how those five are chosen. I have been subscribed to her newsletter for awhile so I hope that qualifies as being a "reader!"

I also noticed that Bekka Palmer's box doesn't ship until July.  I thought it was going to ship in June. But, since it is party-oriented, maybe there will be items for a patriotic get-together?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm subscribed to Book Riot and Q-Tip, both of which are supposed to have shipped (I've been charged, but haven't gotten my tracking...hopefully tomorrow!). I love Book Riot and am looking forward to Q-Tip, though I have no idea what will be in it. I love reading the spoilers for the other boxes because I'm interested in subscribing to more (like a lot of you, I just can't stop myself!). Has anyone ever subscribed to the only magic left is art or poketo? 

I'm going "balls to the wall" and going to stay subscribed. That, of course, doesn't mean I won't be praying to some parisian goddess to grant me a better box than a coupon and a calendar. C'mon I have been a semi-good girl so far this year. I deserve some good luck.

Before reading this thread, I signed up for the Rachel Yeomans box. Hilarious that so many here have signed up for it. So curious about what it will be.

I've been subscribed to the Veronica Belmont Quarterly box since almost the beginning and I love hers. It's not beauty, but food that she hand picks all from the local Bay Area. I've loved all her boxes so if you're looking for a good food one from Quarterly I like Veronica's. Almost all of the boxes have been pretty close to value of what the price of the box is ($50) and I have the reviews on my blog. Here's what was in the last one, #NOM07:

Veronica+Belmont+Quarterly+NOM076.jpg

I'm going "balls to the wall" and going to stay subscribed. That, of course, doesn't mean I won't be praying to some parisian goddess to grant me a better box than a coupon and a calendar. C'mon I have been a semi-good girl so far this year. I deserve some good luck.

For the Hitha on the Go subscribers and lurkers, quarterly posted an unboxing of HGQ01 and at the end says based on feedback, for HGQ02 there will be at least three physical items plus the packing tips included.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about the 1000 Places because I do love Paris. But is it going to be curated from a visitor/tourist's point of view or from a local Parisian? I'd rather have the local point of view.

I'm having major anxiety over getting the Rachel box or not. I saw on her twitter that she was discussing "paper" with someone for this box. I am not that excited about getting "paper," whatever that means.

I received Bianca Jade's Mizzfit Quarterly box.  Love it.  I am basically a couch potato who wants to workout but, don't like to go to the gym.  So many items that I have not seen.  I love the curation.  I think she put a lot of thought into it.  The theme is Relax Restore Rev Up.  I can't figure out how to upload a picture.  But, there are pictures out on instagram.

Thanks for the heads up! I just checked and both Rachel's and 1000 places are definitely now shipping in June. I thought those two were not shipping until July. So I had to make a painful choice, I could not part with NG (I would sooner part with my right hand) but could not budget both Rachel's and 1000 also in the same month. I had to say goodbye to a 1000 places. I hope that if I like it, it comes back in the best of boxes. So sad

Oooh!  I also didnt realize Rachel Yeomans would be shipping in June!  Maybe it originally said July.  Otherwise this might be the first time ever that Quarterly shipped ahead of schedule! LOL!

I'm also getting Bekka Palmer which is in July but I'm debating keeping it.  I need a spoiler!

I am getting the Bekka Palmer box too!  It  would have be fun if it included party stuff for Fourth of July but maybe it will have to be focused on Summer celebrations instead.

Latest posts

Back