Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any spoilers for 1000 Places?? All I've seen is something from Page A Day..... I cancelled FFF and am curious about 1000 Places.... but I don't want to spend $50 and be totally disappointed..... I'm spoiled from Nina!!! lol 

So I just looked on Quarterly's site and the Rachel Yeoman description mentions her favorite beauty products? Huh? Am I confusing this sub with another? I thought it was about the Working Women's Wardrobe and not beauty products? Don't get me wrong, I love beauty products but I already get a lot of boxes....

http://www.theworkingwardrobe.com/from-the-editor/rachel-yeomans-quarterly-gift-box/  Read her spoiler that I just found!  It's pretty cryptic, I must say :\

quarterly-box.jpg

There will be at least five items in it.

FIVE subscribers will receive a box worth $300 (it better be at least one MUTer!).

One item alone is worth more than the box.

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @saffrya! I actually signed up for her newsletter bc it mentioned her "readers" (five of you) will get a box worth $300+". I figured I'd better sign up to have a chance to win. And yes, there'd better be at least one MUTer in there!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Any spoilers for 1000 Places?? All I've seen is something from Page A Day..... I cancelled FFF and am curious about 1000 Places.... but I don't want to spend $50 and be totally disappointed..... I'm spoiled from Nina!!! lol

Thanks @saffrya! I actually signed up for her newsletter bc it mentioned her "readers" (five of you) will get a box worth $300+". I figured I'd better sign up to have a chance to win. And yes, there'd better be at least one MUTer in there!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh, snap, I'm going to do that, too, then!

I'm really tempted to get the new GQ box. At $100 I have really high hopes for this box. But I imagine since GQ is such a big name in Men's Fashion, they might be able to procure some really awesome stuff like Nina Garcia. I love Men's Fashion and I used to read a lot of GQ and I like their taste in fashion and lifestyle. But man...$100 is a lot, and I'm already getting the Nina Garcia box.

This is what I found from Page A Day on the 1000 Places box.... http://www.pageaday.com/blog/1000-places-quarterly not sure what they're trying to say is in the box.... It's a little late for a calendar...
The one they link to is a 2015 calendar, but... I don't really want that yet? It's not even useable for quite some time.

I signed up for 1000 places and Rachel Yeomans. Nervous.

The one they link to is a 2015 calendar, but... I don't really want that yet? It's not even useable for quite some time.

I signed up for 1000 places and Rachel Yeomans. Nervous.
I didn't even notice it linked to 2015! This is why I was hoping for another spoiler... Not too excited about a calendar! =/

Long ago, I mentioned that I thought a calendar would be in there.  Just not so sure.  

On another note, Hitha's box came.  In color Rio.  Not my style. As I mentioned, I bought the box because she said it was $100 of products (figuring there would be $35+ more after I guessed the Hudson + Bleeker bag).  Now I am stuck w/ a bag that I don't like in terms of design plus pumice (and coupon I can't use since I already get their shoes (it's for new customers only) and a packing list that's available online). Would prefer to spend the extra $13 and pay for a color I will like by going into the store.  Not complaining per se, but they should back up their values that they promote since people buy based upon expectations.

I received the Rio print as well and was disappointed. I actually tried to pack this in my 21" suitcase this week and not only was it super bulky but there is no way to get three pairs of shoes in there. Unless one or two pairs are flat sandals, whichI don't wear. It barely fit two pairs. (Handy tip - use heavy duty freezer bags. They don't break and can be repurposed)

I'll repurpose the bag of course but as for the pattrn, it reminds of the early 80s. The gold and turquoise patterns were quite pretty though.

I feel badly for anyone who chose this box over another. I bought this and 1000 Places but I'd be sad if I got this instead of Nina G. On the fence about canceling for box 2. Perhaps that will be better. Side note - just picked up some great Travelon accessories at Marshall's; shampoo, Soap and detergent sheets and a few other things.

Some people like the box so I'm glad they will benefit and use the bag and stone etc. it may actually make a great makeup bag for me....

I received the Rio print as well and was disappointed. I actually tried to pack this in my 21" suitcase this week and not only was it super bulky but there is no way to get three pairs of shoes in there. Unless one or two pairs are flat sandals, whichI don't wear. It barely fit two pairs. (Handy tip - use heavy duty freezer bags. They don't break and can be repurposed)

I'll repurpose the bag of course but as for the pattrn, it reminds of the early 80s. The gold and turquoise patterns were quite pretty though.

I feel badly for anyone who chose this box over another. I bought this and 1000 Places but I'd be sad if I got this instead of Nina G. On the fence about canceling for box 2. Perhaps that will be better. Side note - just picked up some great Travelon accessories at Marshall's; shampoo, Soap and detergent sheets and a few other things.

Some people like the box so I'm glad they will benefit and use the bag and stone etc. it may actually make a great makeup bag for me....
I'm not even sure I will repurpose it. The color is a little too awful, in my opinion.  :/  What are these palms???

The Hudson + Bleeker bag in gold & white (pictured on the quarterly.co website) looks really expensive, but the other color combo doesn't sound nearly as nice...

I took it that the Page a Day post was just an attempt to promote sales of the box to people who are already possibly interested in similar products, not  that it a calendar would be included, however I suppose it might... I was considering getting that box, but I don't intend to travel personally to Paris any time soon and it's not some place I'd be going for work. Plus you can get 1000 Places calendars after New Year's pretty heavily discounted (my local Barnes & Noble had quite a few of them when the 2014 calendars hit 75% off). I am definitely curious to see what might be included though!

Back