Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I can't seem to get the pictures to attach but click below for the descriptions

one large zippered shoe bag, one pumice pedi stone for 30 scrubs, shoe packing tips, (which are already avalaible on her site), and a shoe society 20% off coupon.  $100 Value?? I'm don't think so.    As I said, I was petty "meh" when i opened it.  And i travel a lot.
Success!! (sort of!!)   Thanks tanyamib and gcc69 (i just saw your BBcode tip)!!

You are correct!  I recieved a different pattern (blue and magenta and a little juvenile for me, I would have preferred the one pictured), but those are the items.  I was definitely disappointed to tell you the truth

You are correct!  I recieved a different pattern (blue and magenta and a little juvenile for me, I would have preferred the one pictured), but those are the items.  I was definitely disappointed to tell you the truth
I figured the box contents out last Friday but didn't know how to post the spoilers yet. Yeah, this is a little disappointing, isn't it? I really debated on subscribing so I am not disappointed that I skipped it! Blue & magenta does NOT sound appealing to me either... The one pictured on quarterly.co and the website that I linked to are at least pretty!

I am also seriously debating the 1000 Places box, but I think I am too chicken without a spoiler, I think. What do we know about it? What's its estimated value or theme? I thought someone somewhere said 

Paris?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I can't seem to get the pictures to attach but click below for the descriptions
You're the best!  Thank you.  I had a feeling her $100 value was inflated after seeing this link of quarterly.  She's probably taking into account the code and her free guide from her site.  Too bad, someone should talk to Quarterly about inflated values. I had a feeling it would be that larger item (hithaonthego.com stated it was her preferred bag) but figured for $100 there must be more (than just the 1 other item).  A bit disappointed (and wouldn't be if she didn't say it was $100 - it builds expectations).

Yeah I also seriously debated subbing to her and am glad I didn't. Also, I am not bothered that the real value is not $100- it's more than $50 and that's all I can really expect I feel from Quarterly boxes BUT it really angers me that they think they can count a coupon and free packing tips toward the value.  Um, no.  If anything (Unless you truly were planning to shop at a website anyway) a coupon to me has negative value since you are spending money you would not otherwise have spent. If it is a coupon for something FREE, I no longer feel that way, but that is obviously not the case here.

Yeah I also seriously debated subbing to her and am glad I didn't. Also, I am not bothered that the real value is not $100- it's more than $50 and that's all I can really expect I feel from Quarterly boxes BUT it really angers me that they think they can count a coupon and free packing tips toward the value.  Um, no.  If anything (Unless you truly were planning to shop at a website anyway) a coupon to me has negative value since you are spending money you would not otherwise have spent. If it is a coupon for something FREE, I no longer feel that way, but that is obviously not the case here.
Absolutely. And the code is for new customers only.  So anyone who ordered already cannot use it.  I agree re: it being more than $50 - however, I wouldn't have minded if the expectation wasn't already set at $100 value.  The larger item is $64 on their site. That's what I wanted and could have gone into the store and selected a color myself since that's really the main contents of the package.  But I thought we were getting another $35 of items. 

one large zippered shoe bag, one pumice pedi stone for 30 scrubs, shoe packing tips, (which are already avalaible on her site), and a shoe society 20% off coupon.  $100 Value?? I'm don't think so.    As I said, I was petty "meh" when i opened it.  And i travel a lot.
wow that's a very low value box for what it costs

I agree--at least the retail value exceeds the amount paid. I probably wouldn't pay $50 for the main item though. And I subscribe to TravelBox and got this in my last box

Value is only $24 and it's not nearly as fancy but it'll serve its purpose..

I figured the box contents out last Friday but didn't know how to post the spoilers yet. Yeah, this is a little disappointing, isn't it? I really debated on subscribing so I am not disappointed that I skipped it! Blue & magenta does NOT sound appealing to me either... The one pictured on quarterly.co and the website that I linked to are at least pretty!

I am also seriously debating the 1000 Places box, but I think I am too chicken without a spoiler, I think. What do we know about it? What's its estimated value or theme? I thought someone somewhere said 

Paris?
I agree!    I went back and forth and figured they would sort of knock it out of the park with the first boxes.  But two items?   (I don't consider the packing tips and coupon to be of value and the second item wasn't really a travel item IMHO).     I sort of signed up on whim for Hitha and 1000 Places.... I'm disappointed with Hitha, and somewhat nervious now for 1000 Places.  From what I have seen on MUT - you are correct with your idea.   But I haven't seen or heard anything else...

I think i just may be really spoiled by Nina G's box and some other boxes as well... I think that if I had not subscribed to Nina's to do Hitha and 1000 Places, I'd be pretty upset (right now I'd say I'm just disappointed).        

You're the best!  Thank you.  I had a feeling her $100 value was inflated after seeing this link of quarterly.  She's probably taking into account the code and her free guide from her site.  Too bad, someone should talk to Quarterly about inflated values. I had a feeling it would be that larger item (hithaonthego.com stated it was her preferred bag) but figured for $100 there must be more (than just the 1 other item).  A bit disappointed (and wouldn't be if she didn't say it was $100 - it builds expectations).
Awww, thanks - there was one other item (see my text spoiler) but I wouldn't consider that to really be travel related.    and it definitely was not an item that would bring it to $100 value.  I agree, I think Quarterly needs to think about the inflation.   For some people, ordering this box (or any box really) means they can't subscribe to a different box.  Or have to cut others ones out.  So, if this was my "one" monthly or Quarterly box, I'd be reaallllly disappointed (or annoyed)

It seems that most of the value is in the one item, the second isn't all that travel related (i think of it more as a beauty item)   I wouldnt mind if t was $50 of really unique items but this is so....."I've seen it before". 

I do have a lot of unique items from my travels - maybe i'm just jaded.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do have a lot of unique items from my travels - maybe i'm just jaded.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You sort of hit the nail on the head for me about travel boxes, in general--when I first saw TravelBox, for example, I was curious but also a little hesitant, worried it'd be more eye masks, earplugs, plug adapters, and/or travel guides to places I don't want to go (and they've had some of that stuff but it's been otherwise kind of interesting... Plus it's only $26 with shipping... I've been happy enough with it.).

Anyway that's why I was curious about Hitha on the Go subscription, that it was specifically supposed to be packing-related. It piqued my interest since it had a more specific theme... 

Paris?
Yes that is the correct place for the 1000 places box. 

For any ladies who ordered the Hitha box and feel bad about the value, be glad you didn't get the Kalani box...

It contained a dried flower ($0), a paper bookmark ($0), bead necklace ($5 -$10), USB with a spoken word story recorded on it ($5 for the USB - I looked it up), and a book for $14.95 retail. That's about $25 total. The box description cards were really nicely and thoughtfully written, and I appreciated the reasoning behind each item, but that is clearly no value at all. This was my first Quarterly box, and it may be my last. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Rachel Posted a spoiler on her the working wardrobe site. It's vague but she does say that there will be 4 or 5 items and that just one of the items will be more than the cost of the box! 5 winners will receive the box worth more than $300!

Rachel Posted a spoiler on her the working wardrobe site. It's vague but she does say that there will be 4 or 5 items and that just one of the items will be more than the cost of the box! 5 winners will receive the box worth more than $300!
Oh man, I just read that post and saw the photo of the size of the box... now I'm intrigued. 

I had already ordered hers too. I'm such a sucker for boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just received my Hitha on the Go box! It is perfectly timed since I'm leaving on a week-long trip this Friday. Both of the items are perfect! I was very pleased - not something I already owned and I had just been thinking about ...

How I always have to stuff my shoes into some ugly plastic bag so they won't mess up all of my clothes. Love love love the shoe bag! (My print is totally different from what's on the site.) And the foot scrubbing sponge looks quite nice for throwing into the suitcase as well. This is what I appreciate about Quarterly; I get introduced to convenient solutions to common problems. I'm very pleased.

It was a win for me! I've totally been on the other side of the equation (being disappointed with a Quarterly box) though so I empathize! I always see it as trying to find the curator whose personality/interests mesh best with yours. 

I'm disappointed, though I won't see my Hitha On The Go box till next week.

I have multiple shoe bags I use for gym, and most of them come free. I wouldn't spend $64 on a shoe bag seriously... The other item is not even packing related. I use babyfoot masks to maintain my feet instead of scrubbing, so it will be on my ebay list soon. The coupon & free guide? Come on...
I'm also subscribed to Rachel's box. Let's see if hers is better

Back