Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000 Places spoiler:

The SCOTTEVEST from TEC and Quarterly.co facebook pages say there's going to be "an exclusive SCOTTEVEST from TEC discount" in the 1000 Places box.

1000 Places spoiler:

The SCOTTEVEST from TEC and Quarterly.co facebook pages say there's going to be "an exclusive SCOTTEVEST from TEC discount" in the 1000 Places box.
That's just... what I do not want. At all. LoL

Hopefully it's just a bonus thing and they don't try to include it in the value of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just... what I do not want. At all. LoL

Hopefully it's just a bonus thing and they don't try to include it in the value of the box.
I keep looking for something to make me pull out my credit card and subscribe... :unsure2: That wasn't it...

1000 Places spoiler:

Yikes. I am actually going to Paris in July so will be saving my money for my trip instead...

I would assume that is an extra. There has been nothing about sizing and anytime I may have to spend more money that I already did I get aggravated. I really hope they don't mess this up. It could be such an excellent box

Ummmmm I may cancel the 100 places box.... I love Paris but I really truly DO NOT WANT a calendar or ANYTHING from that fugly jacket company (no offense to anyone who likes them) and am starting to get scared.

Scottevest is the name of the company so I am *hoping* that is one of the other pieces and not an actual vest. Though I've never given a size and didn't see any accessories on the site. Perhaps I did not look hard enough though. I'm still hopeful...

Ummmmm I may cancel the 100 places box.... I love Paris but I really truly DO NOT WANT a calendar or ANYTHING from that fugly jacket company (no offense to anyone who likes them) and am starting to get scared.
I canceled. I've never done Quarterly before, but it removed 1000 Places from my list of subscriptions, so hopefully it worked. It sounded like a good idea, but between the calendar clue and the weird jackets/vests (even if it is a coupon), I'll risk not getting the box. Even if it doesn't contain a calendar, the images on that page didn't really "speak" to me. The vests certainly did not, either. lol

Both facebook pages said it'd be a discount. No mention of an actual item being included. I am taking it that, like Hitha on the Go, they are including a promo code/coupon in the box.

Both facebook pages said it'd be a discount. No mention of an actual item being included. I am taking it that, like Hitha on the Go, they are including a promo code/coupon in the box.
Thanks for clarifying! I haven't see the Facebook pages and I prob read your post wrong. I'm curious about the discount, I don't usually count that towards the value of the box, kinda hoping they don't either. Not canceling yet....

I keep looking for something to make me pull out my credit card and subscribe... :unsure2: That wasn't it...
I'm in the same boat!! I think that just made my decision though.... I'll stick with Nina and save my money for something else!

I hope it is a good discount if it's included in the price like *75% off* the vest would work for me if I started rock climbing again. They are also good for hiking because they have plenty of storage for your phone, your mace the usual necessities.

1000 Places spoiler:

Oh no... a discount.  Not thrilled with getting coupons when I am spending $50.  The travel vest is $125.  Even with a discount the price is way too high for me to consider trying one.  I am thinking of canceling my subscription.

Oh my goodness it's that expensive? Wow I really hope this is just added and not part of the box! That vest doesn't remind me of a day in Paris! Ugh hope they release one more spoiler!

Oh my goodness it's that expensive? Wow I really hope this is just added and not part of the box! That vest doesn't remind me of a day in Paris! Ugh hope they release one more spoiler!
Yeah that's the other thing... there is literally NOTHING on the WHOLE Scottsvest website that reminds me of paris.  There is one trench coat that kinda maybe sorta, but again not really, because no parisian woman would be caught dead in a trench coat that was so utilitarian and ordinary. And I have lived in Paris, so I think I do kind of know. I am unsubscribing.  I may regret it later, but at the end of the day I'll have $50 to spend how I want and there is nothing wrong with that. I am just not confident these people are actually cultivating something I would like, or that would remind me of Paris even if I didn't like it. 

ETA sorry if I sound super negative- it's been a rough day so far :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's kind of what I was thinking--that the clothing is not very French/Parisian... Looks more like it's mostly meant for hiking or camping. I found it odd too that a discount is being promoted as their spoiler, not an actual item. After visiting the SCOTTEVEST website out of curiosity, I started getting SCOTTEVEST banner ads for a 20% discount while online--hopefully the discount beats stuff you can get pretty easily on your own!

I am super curious to see what ends up in the box now! I am not going to risk the money. If it does end up being great, maybe it'll turn up on the Best of Quarterly page and I can still get it then. 

I was considering the box thinking some cute paris items would be in it.    This vest is very unparis.   After spending last summer there I don't think anyone there would be caught dead in a hiking vest..  OMO

Scottvest does have a few things that might be appropriate:

Moleskine journal

Waterproof bag

Ugly pen

Maybe a couple other things, like a water bottle or flashlight. And a few more items that might come in handy if you're mugged or caught in a sharknado or something. But nothing that would get me to buy the box, and Paris isn't exactly a hard sell for me. Hitha did seems to think her coupon counted towards the value of the box, since she said the value was $100 and it wasn't, so this coupon may also. 

I waited to see what was in the first Hitha box before subscribing and am glad I did. People who travel with fancy shoe bags obviously do not travel like me. My problem is, 'how can I cram more stuff into my economy class carry-on to avoid paying for a checked bag?' and not, 'how can I keep my Louboutins safe from those clumsy porters at the Four Seasons?' 

Scottvest does have a few things that might be appropriate:

Moleskine journal

Waterproof bag

Ugly pen

Maybe a couple other things, like a water bottle or flashlight. And a few more items that might come in handy if you're mugged or caught in a sharknado or something. But nothing that would get me to buy the box, and Paris isn't exactly a hard sell for me. Hitha did seems to think her coupon counted towards the value of the box, since she said the value was $100 and it wasn't, so this coupon may also. 

I waited to see what was in the first Hitha box before subscribing and am glad I did. People who travel with fancy shoe bags obviously do not travel like me. My problem is, 'how can I cram more stuff into my economy class carry-on to avoid paying for a checked bag?' and not, 'how can I keep my Louboutins safe from those clumsy porters at the Four Seasons?' 
Shhhh! Don't make me laugh out loud--I'm at work!  :lol:

Latest posts

Back