Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah its actually a good mask. I love it. I use it twice a week. I've been using it for over a year now and I have smooth and healthy looking skin. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Highly recommeded. There's another one that has 'egg' in it and its yellow. I didn't pick it up but I think I might try it out next week.

you should be able to find it in both these stores.

it's more for acne prone/combo skin types. it absorbs oil, so it may be too drying for your skin. do you have problems with acne?

I love this stuff, it's soothing and it lightens my blemishes. I got mine at a dollar store for $2.

i usually see it at walmart and eckards!!!

and yea, sometimes it dries out my skin. but only if i elave it on for a loong time. In the winter i try to leave it on for only 10-15 mins. i do atleat 15 mins in the summer!!

if youre thinking aobut trying it then you should b/c its so cheap!!! even if it isnt what you expected you didnt waste tons of money! :laughing:

Not at all, I have a few blackheads(the annoying ones round your nose that you can't get out!) Maybe I could just use it on my T-Zone?

As someone else mentioned, your milage will vary based on your skin type. This mask destroyed my skin. It triggered a cystic acne breakout all over my face that would not start healing for over a month! It was horrifying. I bought it based on all the raves and had to spend sooo much money at the dermatologist trying to repair what had happened. (My super sensitive skin reacted to MANY of the ingredients in the mask and triggered an acne out break AND an allergic reaction at the same time.)

If you are sensitive to sulpher, stay away from this mask. The perfume in the mask is so strong because its masking the sulpher's scent.

Lot's of people have had great results, so if your skin has a tough barrier layer, give it a try. (Spot test first, please!)

But for me it was $3 bargin that turned into a $300 mistake.

Can't the product be held legally responsible for not putting some kind of warning on the container?

I think that mask is ok, the sulpher scent of whatever they put in it stays in my skin until the following day, ew. But it does good at absorbing the oil and it's cheap :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No, because my reaction was atypical. They list the ingredients on the container. Its up to you to know what you can and can't use. In my case, it was a bad combination of ingredients and possibly some trace elements not listed.

Really? Isn't it their responsibilty to let you know what the ingredients could do? I'm not a scientist how am I suppossed to know if a combination of their products will negatively affect my skin?

LOL! I think it would be awesome if manufacturers did that, but no, they don't have to. If you're allergic to a couple of the ingredients , even if you're not aware of it, its not their fault that you put it on your face. You are responsible for knowing what you're allergic to, or the products that your skin can and cannot handle.

For example, I now know that my skin cannot take glycolic acid. It triggers a cystic breakout. So if I go and use the DDF Glycolic Toner, I can't sue DDF when my skin freaks out because its not their fault. The product clearly states that it contains glycolic acid.

I live in PEI, and i found it here. Check health food and natural and organic stores. Really....if I can find it here....most other provinces should have it.

Back