Rave for Lumiere cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lumiere does have some great makeup! I love the cream to powder concealer, however, it took almost 2 weeks to get. I figured that happens sometimes so I ordered something else and it was the same wait. Also, I ordered their pressed powder foundation sample and loved it but when I went back to order the larger size they had discontinued it. It seems like their prices and products change alot. Has anyone else noticed that??? I look forward to your comments because I am reluctant to order again.

thats too bad lumiere discontinued their pressed powder foundation. I don't recall seeing it on their website. their prices went up a little since last year i think, but its still affordable and i like how i don't have to worry about shipping fees. i really liking lumiere. so far their flawless foundation is creamier and goes on smoother than the other brands. it doesn't make me look cakey and is cooperating with my dry skin; however, i havent found the best color match with them. :kopfkratz: not sure if i should give up....

i'm new here and i've heard so much about lumiere! so after reading all of the glowing reviews i went to get my sample kit as well as a kabuki brush! has anybody tried the emu oil or squalane? any idea how it compares to organic jojoba oil? thanks!! :smile:

I have mixed feelings for Lumiere. You can see all my dry flaky bits on my cheeks! And I can't tell which colour looks better on me either. My housemate (he's a boy) says that the Med Beige 2.3 in Luminesse looks more natural, than Light Med Golden in Luminesse. In his opinion, he said if I were to use the LM Golden, I would have to put something on top (like blush). He said its good as a bare canvas.

ITs funny, though, cos I have yellow undertones, I don't know how Med Beige 2.3 suits me :confused:

I swear, I found boys are so honest. And he said that most guys don't like make up on girls anyway... :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway, I am still on the prowl. :icon_roll

let us see, post a pic! =) what about taking a sample of the two colors and mix 50/50 ?see how that turns out.

hmm...try to moisturize really well before applying mmu and maybe use a primer too. i use lumiere's perfecting primer to smooth out my skin. also lumiere's flawless foundation may work better for you than luminese. its a creamier than the other formulas and is for normal to dry skin.

Lumiere's beiges are still warm toned, that's why the 2.3 beige (if you got the warm) may work better than the goldens. I love the FF- I have really dry skin and it's saved mine! Try that also, if you are wearing the Luminesse- you will need to go darker in the FF colors- they are about a shade lighter. Luminesse l-m golden makes me look like I have my summer tan.

I ordered several samples. I got them Saturday. I tried three today. I like them. They are very pretty. I don't know if I like color on ME. I normally do browns ONLY. I wore greens today. I will try more to see. I think I just need to get use to myself in colors. I am going to do a swatch pic of the samples I received. I hope to get it done in a couple days.

I need some help here... I can't decide whether to go for the full size for light warm or light golden, so I did my face in both without concealer or anything else.

Umm, I am having a hard time deciding. The Golden looks like it may blend with your neck a bit better. So the Golden seems to give you even color from face to neck. The Warm seems to give you a good even color that looks good on you. It appears to be darker (just a little bit) than your neck. I am only looking at pic #1, I can't tell anything from pic #2. On my screen pic #2 is washed out (very light). I guess I would say the Warm. They both look good, it's a hard decision.

I ordered the sample kit as well, I really liked the coverage of the foundation, but unfortunately all of the shades I ordered were too light. I did end up ordering a bunch of EDM (multi tasking was a pretty good match for me), so when I run out of that I'm probably try lumiere again.

The only things are that I ordered the samples in baggies, I found that to be really messy. and I found the sample sizes to be pretty small (then again I might have lost some powder while decanting into little jars). I like to try the product for a few days in different lights and give my skin time to react. Next time I'll try them in in the jars hopefully that eill make a difference.

I love Lumiere! I love the FF foundation...makes my face feels so soft...and it covers so well...I love the fact that I can actually wear several colors in the line..the colors are so forgiving...

Oops, forgot to add that I also love the pre buy brushes! I have the luscious, bobbi brown, etc and I find Lumiere's to be the softest.

They are kinda hard to differentiate when sheer, since they blend well with the skin tone, so I really caked on the foundation this time around. I think it's easier to tell this time that warm looks closer to my skin tone, although maybe I ought to mix it with a bit of golden?

I was about to give up on Lumiere and go for the full size of LilyLolo which I tried and liked, but before I did it I had to try again. The first time I didn't get the right colors so I can't really judge whether I like it or not because all of them looked pale on me. Now I'm going into the medium dark category. If these don't look good either I'm going for LilyLolo, but I really want to love Lumiere. Heck I might even get the full size of both companies. Wish me luck, this sampling thing is getting so expensive...

After reading all of the raves and checking out the Lumiere website (what great prices!), I think I will have to give the foundation a try!

So my samples came in... and I GOT A MATCH!! yay!! So I'm going to order the Lumiere full size and their mineral veil... soo happy!

It's pretty weird though I would have never thought I was going to be a medium-deep.... let alone a Beige???

The colors really run kind of lighter in FF formula and darker in the Luminesse forumula, kinda weird like that. I am pretty fair, and I'm a Medium Beige in Lumiere's FF forumla.

Latest posts

Back