Rave for Lumiere cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also love Lumiere so much I'm thinking of getting ALL 3 formulations lol. But I have to find my perfect shade first :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Yep, too good to be true. Veena velvet breaks me out......

I could always go with Flawless Finish but I don't know if I want to since I don't have any samples of those and I sure don't want to make another order just for samples.

Just tried the samples today and would like to make some comments here. First of all, I experimented all these samples without any moisturizer just to test how it really looks like. I have dry skin with large pores, the FF formula though doesn't moisturizing my skin but it isn't dry either! Actually it's ever the first time that MMU won't make me look cakey!! YAYYY!! However, the coverage doesn't help to conceal the pores, seems like having no makeup on. It's quite sheer though. But the surprise is, it does cover my dark circles very well, no separate concealer is needed! I've found my shade (medium beige), but another problem is, my neck's a shade darker, so I need to apply for a deeper shade? As for the liquid MMU, should I look for a shade up or down? or just same as the FF formula?

Here's a BIG rave for SOFT RADIANCE the all over color powder!! I'm just so happy to see the results! It has shimmering effect but when you apply it on, it's not that visible but a very natural GLOW on your face!! Better apply it as blush though. For sure i'm going to get the full size of this one!

For the finishing powder, I tried the sheer one, looks really horrible in the mirror and under sunlight. It's NOT that sheer, but very whitish.....yuke!

By the way, what undertone is the medium beige in FF formula? It's quite match with my complexion and I'd like to learn more for the color, so next time I can pick the right color from other MMU companies.

Nice thread :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I ordered some pre-buy brushes from Lumiere but I haven't tried any make-up yet... This thread is making it my next target (after my other orders)

i have just ordered some samples from Lumiere- been using JI, only just discovered MMUs and its so expensive! so glad i have found this forum where i can read all your advice and get help!

does anybody know which would be the nearest Lumiere colour to Caramel in JI?

Right now I'm a little miffed @ Lumiere because I placed an order on Tuesday and its still processing.. they haven't shipped it and I only ordered the $6 sample set and a thing of lipgloss! Wahhh.

Maybe your order is on it's way. I received my package on Thursday but didn't get a confirmation it was shipped until the day after (Friday).

any more reviews on their liquid foundation?

the powder mf made me look cakey...

and how are their brushes, which do you recommend?

awwww after reading this threat I want to order Lumiere samples.I am not sure which colors will work for me( I read that the shades are very light compare to other brands)

I am Sandy fair in EDM(intensive)

And Kerrie in Monave

I was thinking about :

Fairy Light Beige

Fairy Light Neutral

Light Neutral

Light Beige

I want to order every shade in Flawless Finish.

Any recommendations?Thanks:)

I know EDM switched their formulas so not sure I can help, but my best match in EDM was Sandy Fair.

I use Lumiere's Light-Medium Beige in Cashmere - the Lumi colours run lighter than most other brands. The beige undertones are pink with some peach, and the cools are blue with pink. I can wear Lumiere cools, but they tend to wash me out, and the LM Beige was a perfect match. I was surprised, because usually I can only wear 'fairly light' shades.

So you might want to try Light and Light Medium shades in beige and cool? If your Sandy Fair was the same as mine was, anyway.

I found the Neutral to look pretty ashy on me.

For those who tried the Cashmere one, did it make your skin itchy at all, or maybe the first few times you apply it??? Seriously I love the finish of this fndt so much but I've tried it 3 times and it makes my skin itchy:-(

Thank You for Your help:)

I will try those shades You recommended:)

Too bad that I can't find any real pictures of the lumiere foundations .I tried to search this forum but no luck....

I got my Lumiere samples a few days ago!

I think I like Lumiere foundation it better then edm because it doesn't seem as 'powdery'... although, the coverage in edm in the intensive formula does have better coverage. But with Lumiere I like the Cashmere formula more so then the VV. The only draw back to the Cashmere is that it has a funky scent too it. I don't smell it until I use my brush and am applying it to my face. I have a cheap ass brush so I think that may be part of the problem, but I didn't notice any smell when I used the VV formula. Anyone else notice a weird smell with the Cashmere formula?...

The staying power of lumiere is a bit more up to par with my skin then edm, but not perfect. By the end of the day the Lumiere wants to sort of puddle around a few select black heads/large pores on my chin, and that is not too appealing. But it's an easy fix for I have to kind of rub it back into my chin and then all is fine. Maybe I need to blot. But edm did the same thing to me but only worse, so at least I'm making some progress.

The silk finishing powder is insanely smooth on my skin, it really just melts in but I'm not sure if it really does all that much. I may try it out as a 'primer' tomorrow and see how that goes.

The blush (I got it in Ruby) is really nice. Blends wonderfully. It looks dark in the bag but it is actually really light (almost a bit lighter then I would have liked, I REALLY like pigmented blush). But it adds a subtle bendable sheen of color that looks really natural.

The allover soft radiance is also nice. Doesn't do a whole lot for me, but I can see where it would be a nice little pick me up for your skin if you are into a natural glow look. Also, it wold work well over blush to add a extra bit of glow.

Overall I am digging Lumiere. Going to give it a few more days, maybe try the 'wet' application.

I'm waiting on more samples. I got a few with my pre buy brushes, and really like them, so I've ordered some more before I decide which formula to get the full size in.

Today I ordered some samples from Lumiere:

Sample kit:

-Light Beige- Flawless Finish

-Light Medium Beige-Flawless Finish

-Medium Neutral-Flawless Finish

-Light Medium Golden-Flawless Finish

-Finishing powder-Flawless finish-Sand

-Blush-Delicate Pink

Eyeshadows samples:

1.gold salmon

2.midnight

3.pepermint patti

I can't wait for my order to arrive..

My order from Lumiere was canceled-I don't know why-I send them an email....

i think it may be because they have changed the charges for shipping, and i heard that orders which were filled in incorrectly were cancelled.

have you heard back from them yet? i am sure that they dont want to lose your business. try to contact them again.

i think it may be because they have changed the charges for shipping, and i heard that orders which were filled in incorrectly were cancelled.

have you heard back from them yet? i am sure that they dont want to lose your business. try to contact them again.

Yes they changed a lot of things.I got an email from them.I have to pay $3 for shipping instead of$1(i did not know that that was only for baggie samples-not jars) I have to order again.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered on the 2nd of January and it says my order's still being processed. Do you girls get notified when your order's being shipped?

Back