Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha...Aileen, I just ordered some lip glazes from Monave. I ordered a full size of honey and a full size of maple (it was $2 off...heehee). i'm so glad you raved about these lip glazes because i absolutely adore them.

I was going to put a stop to my sampling obsession but having read all these reviews... Yikes! I think I'll be spending more money! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I need help choosing a concealer-foundation shade ...There seem to be no color descriptions for the concealer page...

What is the closest match to Lumiere's Light Med Warm (Veena) ? (In EDM, I am somewhere between LWButter & MedBeigeNeutral.)

^ I'm a Light Medium Warm in Lumiere veena and I use Monave Teporah. Hyeyeon in the concealer-foundation formula is also a good choice, especially for women with lots of yellow undertones.

yep, me too. i'm the same shade...in Monave, i use Hyeyeon and it looks fine on me. I do also have Teporah as well. it's more on the olive side...but try those 2 and see which one matches you better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thanks, periwinkle and makeupchicky!

I definitely have yellow in my face but I also have peach-beige tones... and I don't want to look TOO Yellow.

Also looking at SANDRA/neutral (pity they dont have the concealer formula) Would you say that this is more pink or more yellow?

yep, i agree with Aileen. even when i use hyeyeon sometimes, i end up looking a little pink, so i don't think it's completely yellow! sandra might make you look too pink, which would have a create a huge contrast between your face and neck.

Aileen-

Yes, I get carded quite a bit and I laugh, but it makes me feel great. Maybe it's because I am short? One time the cashier says "Oh, these are YOUR kids" when she carded me and I showed my ID.

I started with MMU almost 5 years ago with BE. I was getting racoon eyes from my mascara with regular makeup. After trying the foundation, I was hooked. I had to find a new MMU because BE started making me itch and actually made my eyes red and flakey... not a good look. HA. I saw your review on the Monave site (was familar with them due to littlestuff4u carrying them) and it lead to this forum. I am so grateful to you for that review, moreso about leading me to this forum. There's so much good info here and everyone is so helpful. I had no idea how many MMU's were out there. It's heavenly.

Have you ever tried littlestuff4u? Sandra makes beautiful eye shadows and blushes. You'd get a kick out of all the colors in eye products. Out of all the ones I've checked out, she seems to have the most colors.

Hoozey: You are very welcome, although I unknowingly led you here, but I'm glad I did. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just checked out the site you mentioned and I didn't even know someone other than Monave is selling Monave stuff. That looks great, and now I think I'm lemming for some Eye Whispers! They look fantastic, thanks.

I am glad you lead me here too!! Love this place!!:rockwoot:

The shimmerals are really amazing too. Some are more like glimmers but some are soft sheen. Anything that says satin or pearl in the name has the soft sheen like a satin ribbon or pearl. Really neat color is dragonfire- it looks like a warm brown but has green irridescence, especially neat when foiled! It has color change on the lid without doing anything. I have quite a collection from there!

You ladies talked me into ordering some samples! :lol: I am so tired of traditional foundation. I ordered the the samples shades Brandy, Sharon, and Keaira. I'm supposed to be on a no buy till March but I'm in desperate need of a new foundation. I wish I could try a sample of the setting powder though...

Very true! I think that I'll have a much better chance at getting an exact matchwith minerals anyway...I'll be saving lotsa money in the long run.

yay! i found my shade...i ordered a sample of teporah in the concealer-foundation formula and it looks great, even for my dry skin. i was using hyeyeon before, but think teporah is definitely a better match. i'm considering buying a full size (gasp)...but maybe after i receive my valerie samples. :rockwoot:

If I wear fairly light warm intensive in EDM, what color do you think would be my match for Monave?

susanks1 - i am thinking you might like Paula or Caroline in the concealer-foundation formula. i wore light warm in EDM and now using Teporah (which is 1-2 shades darker than the 2 i recommended). you can order sample jars to test out what color suits you best. good luck! i think i'll love them a lot better than EDM.

I too love Monave as well.. I find it better than EDM foundation, but I do like EDM finishing powder though.

Back