Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makeupchicky,

What shades of Val did you try? I got Y2, Y3 and W 2.75. I'm trying to figure which I like better. The Y3 is probably too yellow for me. I still love my Lumiere Lt-Med Golden so maybe I should just stick w/that. All this sampling is getting to be a bit much!

haha...ruby, it's you again!! i follow periwinkle_sky's (Aileen's) ordering pattern (i know, i'm an MMU stalker). she's also an NC30 and every shade that she's recommended had worked for me, so i just follow whatever she orders. i think in lumiere, i ordered light-med warm and light-med golden and they both worked! in val, i ordered the W2.5 and W2.75 along with Y2...i hear that the Yellow shades are really really yellow...but i have to try it to believe it!

Makeupchicky, THANKS so much for sharing your colors with me! Periwinkle Sky definitely knows her minerals! The Y2 is pretty yellow, but it may work. Works pretty well for me, but I'm trying to decide between that and Lumiere FF. Right now I'm still leaning heavily toward the FF as my HG.

ruby, i'm so glad you're loving your minerals. i'm currently using my monave and have been for the last few days. i'm definitely considering it my HG for now. i'm still waiting to try val's...they should get here anytime now...

So do you like the Monave better than the Lumiere? I'm still debating whether to order from Monave, or whether to just call it quits! Let me know how Val's CD stacks up too!

i am still waiting for my val samples...i like lumiere as well but i still think monave has better coverage. after i try val's, i'll be able to decide and hopefully commit to one brand. i'm a bit commitment-phobic right now!

Hahaha. Ditto. But I want so bad to commit. They make it sooo hard to commit.

I just recieved my Monave samples and it was very easy to ditch the luminere. The coverage was awesome and only took seconds to apply in comparison to all of the other brands, , what monave did in two light dry buffed layers! Even better my skin looked naturally flawless, I made it through an 8 hour shift without any touchups! I'm done with sampling, I found my HG! Thanks Aileen!

Now I just need a finishing powder with the same illusion that BE has without the itchy ingredients. Any reccomendations?

The coverage is better than Lumiere??? I assume you are referring to the Concealer-Foundation formula? I haven't sampled Monave yet, and love love love Lumiere VV's coverage...

(Oh dear, I think I'll have to go ahead and order Monave samples... when will I ever stop spending $ on MMU...)

i really like monave too. i like the coverage a lot better then lumiere. i only need to use the smallest amount ever compare to other brands i tried like just a few tiny beads on each side of my face and im good. not too drying for my oily skin. ive only tried sample jars and the colors aren't a great match but its alright. they say dont use a synthetic brush to apply but i did and its great better then i think it'll come out.

anyone else that asian with light yellow undertones that can recommend me a shade or two?

yea! for finding your HG. What kind of finishing powder are u looking for? Since u already love Monave so much , maybe u should try the angel finishing dust ...it's tinted and since u already tried the foundation .... u'll know the quality is good ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Monave is the first mineral foundation that I didn't have to apply wet to get the airbrushed effect! I manage a restaurant so the debris from the cooking oils, heat, and chemicals tend to break down the makeup faster besides the fact that I'm always moving, but this makeup stays put. The evil bathroom where I work has the most unforgiveable lighting, but with monave I didn't see the usual uneven application blotches where the makeup was wearing off that I was accostomed to with Luminere and EDM. I tried all formulas in the Luminere foundation sampler, they were all fine, except they didn't do much to minimize the appearance of pores, didn't have the application ease and staying power I was seeking, plus the liquid formula I got in 2 different colors were inconsistent, one color was runny, the other was so thick it didn't pump and they were the same formulation. The cream to powder formula enhanced every little pore and blemish. Monave concealer formula literally took two minutes to apply and I didn't even have to use concealer!

I'm wondering if finishing powder is even necessary, the only one I liked was BE because it sealed the makeup and gave me a perfect finished glow. My skin is dry so I don't want to spend money on a product that's only purpose is to control oil. EDM and Aromaleigh went into the garbage as soon as I tried it because it didn't do anything.

real mccoy, - that's so cool! thanks for sharing this. I am now super excited to experience Monave. It's good to hear that it minimizes pores because I have huge ones, and every MMU brand I've tried (regardless of how good it feels) always exaggerates the pores and dryness on my cheeks. I am crossing my fingers that Monave will have my perfect foundation shade...

Monave seems to be the choice for staying power and more oil prone skin. My own skin is very dry and Monave emphasized the dryness of my skin and did not minimize pores. I don't think it is as easy as some to sample either. The color choices are rather confusing and the sample pack is not that ecomomical since they don't let you choose the 4 foundation colors. I got the light-medium yellow kit and only one was a match. It is rather expensive seeing you pay for the sample $10, and handling $2 and then shipping too. You get 6 other powders but it's really about finding the right foundation. It's high quality but can be an expensive sample in comparison to most. I do use the concealer foundation for some hyperpigmentation on my forehead but only ordered a few of the samples because I didn't feel like paying $24 for full sized. I was also quite disappointed with the size of their full-sized e/s- it's basically the same size as a sample jar with a sifter for $7.50. Don't get me wrong, I like Monave and will order from them again but it is a little more costly than trying some of the others. Signature has identical ingredients as the Monave regular foundation so one may want to try there first to get a feel for it.

That's really wierd, my skin is desperately dry, but Monave just glides on and doesn't pool around the dry patches like EDM and Luminere. I got over mineral eyeshadows a long time ago since I found out that they don't really benefit the skin like the foundation does.

Have you tried emu oil or camillia oil for your face? I've been using a combo of emu/camillia oil with Weleda skin food externally, and extra virgin cocnut oil internally and my skin is much clearer and hydrated.

Makeupchicky,

It's Ruby again! What colors of Monave did you try? Still haven't gotten my samples yet, but hopefully in the next couple of days. I wonder if I'll have the same reaction?? I can't imagine anything being better than my Lumiere FF!!!!!!

Oh yes, the coverage is a lot better than Lumiere, and I think she was just talking about the regular foundation, not the concealer-foundation. I think I mentioned before that in my experience nothing beats Monave in terms of staying power and coverage (I've tried around 8 brands and still counting). I also don't touch up with Monave anymore, everything looks so creamy and flawless after 8-10 hours (even 12). I love the flawless finish of Valerie, Lumiere, BE, but this is amazing stuff. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really wanted to love Monave but it just doesn't work for me. I couldn't find a good color match. The Caroline was an exact match to my throat but a little light for my face. I tried mixing but the colors all seemed off. The closest mix looked nice at first but a few hours later ended up looking patchy and streaky and got worse as the day progressed. I thought it may have been my application so I tried again for a couple of days but no luck. I guess that is why there are so many choices out there. The ES samples I got are fabulous and I've since ordered full sizes (110 and 112) along with som lippies. The good thing is when I put on my Valerie the day after the last testing it made me appreciate it all the more. Of course I still have some Lumere samples on the way. I've made converts of my friends and family so they now expect me to keep up with all the brands and mmu news. Such fun

Back