Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks so much makeupchicky and ruby!!will get my flattop brush after i tried the samples...will try applying with my kabuki first...really appreciate this!!!soooo happy..can't wait!

Hi, I'm copy-pasting my post on another thread about application techniques. Here's my take on Monave. Like Ruby2, I also use a flat-top brush sometimes when I want a fuller coverage, but I prefer Monave's because this has a smaller head, hence it picks up less minerals. With Monave, less is more. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :

"Application technique:

I use Monave dry. I use a very fluffy powder brush and a miniscule amount of minerals because a little goes a long way. If you use too much, it will become cakey and will settle on fine lines. I won't advise a kabuki because it will pick up too much minerals. I also do not advise buffing, I would suggest use a "sweeping" technique, just lightly sweeping the minerals all over the face."

Miss G, hope your stuff arrives quickly! Let us know how you like it! I'm placing ANOTHER Monave order tomorrow too........

Makeupchicky, you got that right! This MMU thing is quite addicting!

Periwinkle Sky I am getting some more lippies and a full size of the Angel FP, and am debating about a full size of Damask blush. I have tons of blush from Lumiere, EDM and Val and it's hard to justify getting another one, but...........How many blushes is "normal"??

Ruby - you will absolutely love the full-size of Angel. I have two and I keep one in my purse for touch ups in tandem with my BE Clear Radiance. Definitely winners. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You gotta try the sheer lip glazes if you haven't tried them yet! I have a ton of other lipglosses but Honey sheer lipglaze is an HG lipgloss. I'm on my second tube and it is really flattering on the lips, not uber-pigmented but lends a very pretty stain to the lips. And it's not drying at all. As for the blushes, do you know that Lumiere sells Monave blushes? I think if they have the same name (like Desert Rose), Lumiere's and Monave's blushes are one and the same.

Periwinkle, thanks for the lip color suggestions. Any pinks that you would recommend? Do you have any of the potted glosses? I am thinking of watermelon, petticoat and silk garnet. I am sampling the Angel right now and it's a perfect yellow-not too yellow, but not too beige. Maybe I should order 2 also! I had heard that Lumiere sold Monave blushes, how does that work? It's alot more economical to buy them from Kim if they are the same.

Ruby, for sheer lipglazes, I would recommend the Jellybean (although this is not pink) and Strawberry aside from Honey. I haven't tried the ones in pots, although I don't recommend the lip glazes, I like the SHEER lip glazes better in terms of consistency. As for the blushes, Kim of Lumiere used to sell exclusively Monave blushes, until she made her own. I don't know what her deal with Deb was, maybe they had a consignment agreement or something.

Ruby, thanks for the support!!i am really excited, hope this will turn out to be my HG MMU, can't go back to the usual foundation, too sticky and heavy!!lol..will definiely post a review for u guys after sampling...

thanks periwinkle for the advice on the brushes (i read about the Red Earth brush you were using) is the Red Earth one better than the flattop?cause we have Red Earth in Malaysia's departmental store though quite pricey, but at least i can use it immediately..lol!

by the way, how's the Angle finishing powder?does it lluminize the skin?a beautiful glow?what other finishing powder does Monave have?i don't think i fancy EDM's finshing dust, and don't wanna use normal compact powder wth Monave (wanna convert all my makeup to MMU!LOL)..

will sample the Honey lipgloss after i test out my foundation..i am getting GREEDY!!!!thanks again ladies...

MissG, the Red Earth powder brush is good for natural to medium coverage. I love it because it doesn't make the minerals settle on fine lines and it doesn't make the finish look cakey, just very natural but with good coverage. I use the flat top brush if I need a fuller coverage. If you want to check out the finish of Monave using Red Earth, check out my mug shot on the Monave press release page on their site (my review). I used the Red Earth powder brush for that pic.

Angel finishing powder is not an illuminizing powder but I love it because it has kaolin clay which has good oil-absorbing qualities. Also, it is not cornstarch based like EDM finishing dust or BE mineral veil, so the finish is very different. It looks so creamy, just like Monave foundation. Like you, I want an all MMU foundation/powder, so I am swapping or selling my almost new MAC Blot powder. I'm not interested in it anymore after I discovered Monave Angel and BE Clear Radiance. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MissG-

The angel finishing powder doesn't illuminize BUT you can get glisten (pink) or glow (golden) illuminizer powders from Monave. I am not Asian but have yellow undertones and think Glow really perks up my complexion.

Really hope you find something that works! I know I was feeling crazy when BE started making me itch because I couldn't go back to liquid. I endured the itch until I found a new one rather than go back to that icky feeling.

I do think the brushes can contribute to the problem- the few synthetic ones I have feel very soft.

Periwinkle, I like the sound of the sheer glazes too, but the colors of some of the potted gloss look nice as well. Too many choices! The Jellybean looks purple on my screen-is it? Thanks too for the Lumiere/Monave blush info. Sounds like they must have had some kind of arrangement there.

Miss G-you are very welcome and I hope you like your Monave as much as I do! Periwinkle gave you a very good description of the Angel FP so I won't bother to add anything to it. I never liked the EDM finishing dust either. Made me look too chalky. Can't wait to hear your reviews!

Aileen-

I think you would really like Glow also. Like I said, it's golden and very finely milled particles like Val's Satin Sun and Centerfold.

Ruby-

Littlestuff4u has some Monave lip sheers and other products so you can actually do some one stop shopping and pay less shipping. Some of the lip colors were only $10 for a full size.

I put an order in for a couple of mini-lipsticks (only $ 3.50 each) and a couple of sample pots of the MMU. Also one lipliner.

Periwinkle-u must think that i'm your geatest fan cause i have read 99% of all your posts and threads in here, especially the ones relating to Monave, and i think your description is great, can actualy imagine how it would look like in real life..saw your pics and u look great!it's great makeup and coverage for a night out, but as u advised, i would probably need the flat top brush for 'stage makeup'..a bit sad that the extra 6 powders they're giving as free samples doesn't include the Angel FP..but guess that would be my next order!lol..dunno what to do with my old foundation, might swap it as well..i'll have to keep away from shopping malls (Red Earth) for few days until my samples reach me...the temptation!!

Hoozey-you're a darling!really prompt in replying...now u're making me think about Glow (sounded so lovely)..alas, i have placed my orders..but will keep that in mind..does it work like a bronzer?or is the finish more subtle?i'm gonna have 2 collection - daytime and nighttime use...really glad you found something to replace BE!the itch must be unbearable and frustrating as well..

Ruby-wow!another order huh?don't forget to keep us posted over here!at least i'll know what else to get from Monave the next time...lol!

Miss G-

The Glow is more of a subtle shimmer/highlighter not a bronzer at all. It's not glittery though- finely milled. It gives you a glow of fresh young skin. I think you'll enjoy Monave and will ordering again and can add Glow to your list. :lol: I found a great bronzer IMHO at Mad Minerals. It's called Sheer tan and it isn't glittery at all nor orange. Mad was having a sale and I thought I'd grab some bronzers, their SPF powder and lip glosses (on sale too.) Where is that 12 step program that Lilita was talking about? I need it too.

MissG-glad that helped! I guess if you are indeed into stage performances, a flat-top brush is better than the powder brush. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hoozey- what is the difference between Glow and the illuminizing powders of Val in terms of finish? TIA!

OMG, I am feeling an overwhelming urge to order some Monave Angel Powder (Love this!), Glow and lipglazes... I would add Hyeyeon to the list but I received two full sized jars of foundation from Meow today and I have more Lumiere samples coming... I have enough foundation to last me 2 lifetimes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Go for it, Lilita! I just ordered *2* full size jars of Angel Powder (per Periwinkle's idea), and some lip glosses and glazes. I'm sticking w/my Val Satin Sun and Centerfold for Illuminizers though. But ya never know.....maybe I'll try the Glow one of these days too!

Latest posts

Back