Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't order the sample set either, just individual pots. If you find the color you want just click on buy and it will give you the option for full size or sample size.

You don't have to try the 4 pack samples- you can get individual samples in whichever foundation you wish. Just go to your pick(s) and pull down the sample size in the box. The only thing is that these samples do not let you get the 6 other powders but honestly it's probably a better way to go if you have a good idea of which color you are. I only found one match in my 4.

Lilita-

Thanks so much for your desciption on Meow's feel. I get that same "tight" feel with Monave- so I'll probably pass on it, especially if I have to mix, since I know my match in Monave. I also think my lines are more noticable with Monave, especially if I apply too much, which is a little harder to control because you need so very little with it. I used Monave the other day for b/a and my skin feels a little drier now from doing so- it may also be that it's been really cold here. I did notice it went on a lot better since my skin has gotten better with creamier cleanser and Lumiere FF. I can definitely see Monave being a good pick for me in the summer but right now I'll stick with Lumiere FF.

hi makeupchicky! I want to try Monave as well, since all of you are raving about it. Can you please describe the difference between teporah and hyeyeon? I use medium beige matte in EDM. Do you know which shade is closest to it in Monave? Pls help!

Thanks!

hi jenny_p,

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like there is a bit more pink in Teporah; Hyeyeon is more yellow. But both are very close in terms of depth.

(I use also use medium beige/warm in EDM and both Teporah & Hyeyeon work for me) see pic - Lili

Hi Lili! Thanks so much for your help! :icon_chee I also use medium beige warm in EDM. On your wrist hyeyeon looks much lighter than teporah but on your face, I can't see which is which. I saw your pic using only hyeyeon, it looked like a perfect match! But then again, teporah matches your wrist better, I think. Have you tried using teporah alone? Does it make your face look darker? Sorry for asking too many questions. It's just that MMU is very new to me. I've only used my EDM for the third time today. Staying power is not that good and the finishing dust doesn't really control oil. That's why I wanna try Monave.

Hi there jenny_p...personally, i think teporah is a little too pink for me. it has some cool/olive tones, so it ends up looking too pink compared to my neck. hyeyeon is more yellow toned so it's definitely a better match for me. i would describe it as a light-medium warm tone. when i sampled EDM, i think i used either light warm or light winged butter. if you're currently using medium beige, i would suggest going one shade darker than hyeyeon, which is saturnina. or another suggestion is sending an email to them and asking them for a color match before wasting your money on wrong colors. good luck. let me know how you like it.

hi lilita - i have tried lumiere and it's funny you asked because i would say my experience is exactly the opposite!! i thought lumiere was too drying and could only use it when applied wet. it looks great when applied wet (but i find that applying minerals wet made me break out so i dont' do it anymore). but, when i use my monave, i never have that problem...which is why i'm committing to monave (at least until winter is over and i can use other brands without looking like my face is falling off).

as for your other question, you should use less minerals when using monave...maybe half of what you're using for the other ones or else it'll look super cakey! i only use one layer of monave and find that it's enough coverage for me....and trust me, i have less than perfect skin...good luck and let me know what you decide on!

ruby - it's so exciting to get new makeup, especially when you know it's the one that works for you! the packaging is nice...i really like it. but i still have some samples of hyeyeon left so i guess i should finish that up first...but i'm so tempted to open the new one...it's so pretty....heehee :moa:

Well,I couldnt make a decision so I ordered 4 more samples,2 in regular and 2 in concealor

hi makeupchicky,

Thanks for your feedback! That's so funny that you had the opposite experience! Well, that says something about everyone's skin being different! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You know, i never tried applying lumiere wet because I didn't feel I needed to... and that's one reason why I love it so much. OK, I am going to try using less monave and see how it goes!

I wish I could narrow down my HG to just one brand and stick with the one brand but it's so hard! LOL

hi Jenny_P,

Sorry - the photograph isn't the best... In fact, teporah looked like the right level of lightness/darkness on my wrist but it was definitely too "pinkish". To answer your question - Yes, teporah made my face slightly darker but only very slightly.

I agree with you that EDM's staying power isn't great - I used to spritz my face afterwards and the foundation would separate like it was being washed off! (Some of the EDM's blushes are nice though) I think you will like Monave. Have fun sampling!

- Lili

Lilita- you look great in both Teporah and Hyeyeon! I honestly didn't see any difference in your pics. I use Teporah and I think it's the perfect shade for me even though I have more yellow undertones than olive (the site said this is for light-olive skintones).

Hi periwinkle_sky, Thank you for the feedback! Yes I think both shades work on me. Teporah looks perfect on you! ( I think all your foundation choices in your photos are perfect! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

So, tonight I did the half- face test again and asked my BF to pick the side that looked best. I had Teporah on my left and Hyeyeon on my right and this time I noticed the teporah side looked more "tanned". Of course, the BF said "they look the same! I can't see any difference". LOL

I forced him to look harder in brighter lighting and his response was amusing:

"I like the right (Hyeyeon) side better. It's more natural because there is more variation in your skin tones. The other (Teporah) side looks too even, like you have makeup on".

I took "variation in skintones" to mean that maybe I didn't have enough coverage on one side, so I buffed on another layer and made him look again. He still preferred the Hyeyeon side, and said the Teporah side was "too even and made-up".

So there ya go.. I think Hyeyeon is the one! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Lili! Thank you! I hope Monave works for me too. I just want my MU to stay put. I have super oily skin, so I guess I need a better finishing powder as well.

I got my Monave order yesterday and am so happy that I ordered a full size of the Hyeyeon. I think I have very similar skin tones to Lilita and Makeupchicky as it sounds like we have the same colors in the various brands. It's a lazy Sunday here and I normally wouldn't even put any makeup on, but had to try out the samples of Angel setting powder and damask blush. I really like the Angel and may *need* to order a full size of that. The damask is really pretty, but may be a bit too light. I'll have to think on that one, but Monave is definitely one of my HG's too. Thanks ladies for all the help and advice!

Yay! Ruby..so glad you got your order. It's so exciting when you get new stuff in the mail. How are you liking that Angel finishing powder? for some reason, it never really did anything for me. But it seems like a lot of girls here really like it. Maybe i need to revisit it. I'm currently using the Joppa Finishing Silk and really love it.

I have only used it once, but I really like the light yellow color, and it's creamy, like the CF foundation. I'll wait and see what happens at the end of the day before I decide whether or not to order a full size. I've never tried any Joppa products, but sounds like I should check them out!

My order took about a week, but I asked them to add a yellow concealer pencil if they had them (they're not on the site yet), so it took an extra day or so to deal w/paypal. I'm in NY.

just put up my orders for Monave samples..can't wait..sooo excited!!

by the way, what's the best brush to apply the concealer foundation?i need medium to full coverage..thanks in advance

I use a flat top brush for my CF, but you only need a little bit of this foundation as compared to some other brands. Too much and it will look caked on! You should get med-full coverage with only one layer.

I use a kabuki brush to apply my Monave minerals. I agree with Ruby that you only need one layer or else it'll look super cakey! i love how a little bit offers such great coverage and lasting power...

Latest posts

Back