Round 4: East Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture NOW is my greedy vote! 
icon_lol.gif

Thanks for updating us!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Alright ladies, based on the tracking from Lynda- the polishes won't be here till Tues (Nov 12). the downside to living all the way on the opposite coast (shakes a tiny fist at Bluelion who got hers already!
wink.gif
). But I'm going to use the time to finish typing up the rest of the polishes I added in, so everything will be ready to go asap out as soon as Lynda's comes in.   Now in the meantime while we're all waiting, would you like me to post a picture of the polishes I have now (in a spoiler box of course) or would you rather wait till I have everything and post a picture right before I'm mailing it out?  Or do you want to be completely surprised and not have a pic up til DonnaD receives it?

let me know!
I'd love a pic!!

ok, picture time!  (of course I realize when I go to take the pictures, I have no good lighting in my house anywhere! I'd do it tomorrow outside in nice daylight or something, but unfortunately I have to go out of town tomorrow way early in the morning and not be back till Sun night late... so hopefully these pictures aren't too terrible!)

the higher end polishes (there's also a CND polish in inkwell that was hiding & didn't get in the picture, plus I put the mini mark marrakesh (gold) polish in there, when I realized I accidentally left him out of the drugstore polish picture)

the drugstore polishes:

the bottom row/s (laying sideways), with the exception of the milani, are all the foreign drugstore polishes (UK, France, & Korea).
Hopefully this is a wide enough color range for everyone to start off- unfortunately with the lighting, I can see some colors might be a tad off (& a few aren't showing the cool shimmers/glitters in them, like the dark l'oreal one which is an awesome color (that I ended up accidentally buying two of them
icon_redface.gif
oops.)  But hopefully this will be a good teaser for y'all while we wait for Lynda's to arrive (10 more polishes, plus some nail art accessories I believe too..)

Ooooh the grayish OPI on the bottom of the first pic :inlove:
:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's a OPI mini liquid sand in Solitaire (it's like a silvery-grey white, with sparkles.) if you're looking for greys, I have a bunch- I could go thru & see if there's another grey I can add for ya too.
You put together a kick@ss starter box Lily V!
awww, thank you! I hoped to make it nice & lots of fun for everyone to go thru and hunt for new pretties.
OMG! That DL True Blood Polish! I've been drooling over those sets :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yup, I love all things True Blood (have the Tarte TB shadow palette too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I really loved the mini trio set of polishes, but I can't wear nudes (bummer!) but I figured I get the set anyway and either gift or swap that one. Then the nail polish circular swap started & I went, aha! Perfect way to find a new home for it (its called new flesh btw). Now it's time for a 5+ hr drive... Ugh! Well, I'm not actually doing the driving, so I'm going to do my nails in the car (ha!) I just bought my first sephora formula X, so I'm dying to try it out!! One of the super glittery jelly top coat ones. (called outburst) Happy dance!

Wow LilyV that is an awesome starter box.  Good grief you've purged some gorgeous polishes...I absolutely love that SpaRitual color drool!

Thanks for leading this group :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif
it's a OPI mini liquid sand in Solitaire (it's like a silvery-grey white, with sparkles.) if you're looking for greys, I have a bunch- I could go thru & see if
Um, yes LOOOVE greys... crazy love.  If there are any in the box by the time it gets to me I will be gobbling them up.  Of course, if someone else shares my obsession, I won't begrudge them either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow LilyV that is an awesome starter box.  Good grief you've purged some gorgeous polishes...I absolutely love that SpaRitual color drool!

Thanks for leading this group :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was on a serious dupe/similar shade removal kick :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> decided this is the perfect time to go through and find new homes for a bunch of unloved polishes- I have so many,
icon_redface.gif
. I actually have 2 of the sparitual one!

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Um, yes LOOOVE greys... crazy love.  If there are any in the box by the time it gets to me I will be gobbling them up.  Of course, if someone else shares my obsession, I won't begrudge them either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cool I will see if there's any more- I know for sure of one, a mini physician formula polish (from their shades of grey trio) that's on my swaplist now, I can toss that in there too.

More polishes!!!  Lynda's are here:

polishes:

nail accessories:
(4 stamp plates, pedicure scrubber, files)

(sorry it's smaller, it kept refusing to upload the larger version of the pic
kopfkratz.gif
)
Here's the list of the names of the polishes, if any one wants to hunt down swatches online while waiting for the box to arrive (except for Lynda's polishes which I accidentally packed up right after taking a pic and didn't write down because I was all excited to get the box ready to go out asap. oops! 
doh.gif
)

-Bondi NY -The Limelight, I’m Vers top/base coat, Color Club minis in Status Update & Mamba, China Glaze in Bling it on, CND inkwell, Deborah Lippmann mini in New Flesh, Essie mini meet me at sunset, Hello Kitty polish (sephora)- Red Sparkle, Julep polishes in Myrtle, America the Beautiful, Layne, Rose, Ellie, Catrina, Courtneney, OPI Charge it in Milan & mini liquid sand in Solitaire, Rescue Beauty Lounge- Under the Stars, Sephora by OPI- Traffic Stopper-Copper, SpaRitual in Emerald City, Zoya Gemma & America

-Boots No7 (UK) Stay Perfect polish in Dreamy #33, Bourjois Paris (France) in #23, E.L.F. mini polishes from the Disney Villains set-all 3 from Cruella De Vil's set, and 2 from Maleficent's set (Bubble gum pink,  mod mauve) Etude House (Korean) polish in WH020 Extreme Jewel (this is a dead-on dupe in the bottle for RBL’s Frugalista which I own, so if anyone’s looking for a good dupe, here it is!), L’Oreal Color Riche in 601 drop dead gorgeous & Jet Set in #220 Pronto Perle, Sally Hansen hard as nails Xtreme wear in Strobe light & Insta-Dri in Bronze Ablaze, Star Opal Nail Glaze top coat in #05 Pale Pink Opal, Crackle overcoats in Distressed Denim & Fuchsia Shock, Revlon nail art moon candy duo in cosmic, Top Speed in #830 Golden, Highbeam Tan (bottle’s lettering where it says Revlon is scuffed, just fyi), Maybelline express finish in Sunlight & Raisin Rum 270, mark. mini Marrakesh nail polish in Saffron, Milani #167 Sweet, Natural Collection (UK) nail colour in Topaz, 2true Glossywear nail polish (UK) in shade no#40 (pssst Tulosai, this one is actually a sheer grey!!
wink.gif
)

(plus 2 extra grey polishes I added in at the last minute- a Maybelline & a Physician’s Formula mini that I forgot to write the names down!)
Ok, so the polishes are all wrapped up in lots of bubble wrap and then taped shut in birchboxes for extra protection (I originally tried to sort them by color for each birchbox, but ran out of room quickly- so two of the boxes are a mixture of colors), and then all boxes are snugly packed in tight with lots of packing peanuts- so nothing will move around while traveling. The nail accessories are wrapped up in pink tissue paper & bubble wrap.  I opted to move up from the med flat rate to the large flat rate, since I was worried the med box seemed a bit strained & I was worried about it busting a seam open or something during transit!  Fortunately it's only $4.50 more to do that (hope that's okay with y'all, I just don't trust the USPS that much w/ fragile things...)  I included a list too of everything that's in the box too and their usage amounts (most are new, some used 1-2x, and a few swatched).

The box O' polish goodness will be going out tomorrow and I'll PM DonnaD the tracking number soon too- yay!!!!, the box is finally on its way!!   Exciting!!!
biggrin.gif

claps.gif
 SOOOO excited! and thanks for throwing in the shades of gray polish, though i'm sure someone will gobble it up before me 
icon_cry.gif
 (but not really cry because, my gosh, SO MUCH POLISH GOODNESS!!)

I didn't take a picture of the whole box because everything is in birchboxes and it would have been a royal pain to remove them all then wrap them again so I just took pictures of what I took and what I added.  It will go back in the mail Monday or Tuesday depending upon how good my husband's memory is.  He works right across from the po but he has a tendency to forget the first time and needs a reminder.  Men are dumb.  Anyway....

I took 4 minis, 2 low end and 5 high end.

I added (all full size) 4 high end, 2 medium (not sure if Ultra Pro and Essie are high end or low end lol, I actually consider them high end) and 5 low end.  I'm considering the American Apparels low end because I got them relatively cheap. They go for $6 in the stores.  

I threw in some nail art supplies, cuticle oil, a couple of samples and all the swatch sticks that go with the polishes.  Everything is swatched on sticks but never actually used.  I always swatch polishes so I hope that's not a problem.

The box came with a list of what was in it.  I crossed off what I took but didn't write what I added since I have atrocious handwriting.

Ultra Pro - Pink Ice

Julep - Kennedy

Zoya - Giovanna

Sation - Of Corset I'll Call You

OPI - Totally Fort Worth It

OPI - A Taupe the Space Needle

American Apparel - Coney Island

American Apparel - Palm Springs

Essie - Mink Muff

Ulta - Devious

Sinful - Purple Diamond

Yay! Glad to see that everything got there safely!   You sure love reds @DonnaD
wink.gif
  Nice additions to the box too- the Zoya Giovanna is
wub.gif
lovely! 

It's on it's way to Kellsbells!  Should be there tomorrow.  Tracking number 9114901159818582041065.

Quote: Originally Posted by kellsbells /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woohoo! I can't wait
smile.gif
Thanks for being so speedy @DonnaD
I hate to make anyone wait.  I know how excited we all are to get our turn!

Back