Round 4: East Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  lol I actually don't remember what the name of it is (i think you're talking about the glittery one?)  I got it in a previous round of a the nail polish swap box.  It did have a little handwritten label on it with the name, but it must have fallen off?
Yeah I can see it in the picture but I didn't see it when I was taking polishes out? Maybe it is in there somewhere in the bubble wrap???

The box has arrived!  And it is a seriously big a$$ box o' polish!  Everything seemed to arrive safe & sound (still poking around the box and bubble wrap to see if the color club label is in there anywhere).  Will sort out the polishes and decide what to take soon, and post pics soon too. 

Now, since the box has finished it's complete trip, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in swapping the box with another group (whenever they finish up and if they also want to exchange boxes and continue swapping).  Let me know what the group consensus is on that! 

Hope everyone had a great time swapping and are enjoying all their new polishes!!

I will look also for the color club label.  It may have inadvertently fallen out somewhere in my apartment.

So glad nothing broke! I tried my best in the packing but I was a little worried- there was just so much!

I am okay with an exchange and a continued swap.  I do think the other groups are going quite a bit at a slower pace than us though. 

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I will look also for the color club label.  It may have inadvertently fallen out somewhere in my apartment.

So glad nothing broke! I tried my best in the packing but I was a little worried- there was just so much!

I am okay with an exchange and a continued swap.  I do think the other groups are going quite a bit at a slower pace than us though. 

Thanks for looking!  I'd love to know the name of polish so I can buy one!
biggrin.gif

I'm not surprised we finished first- we're the smallest of the 3 groups, plus on the east coast, all of us seem to live so close to each other, most times the box would get to the next recipient in like only 1-2 days!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for looking!  I'd love to know the name of polish so I can buy one!
biggrin.gif

I'm not surprised we finished first- we're the smallest of the 3 groups, plus on the east coast, all of us seem to live so close to each other, most times the box would get to the next recipient in like only 1-2 days!

Yep.  I could have walked the box to the person after me.

I'm totally up for round two!

ok ladies, Lynda said I should touch base with her after the new year about exchanging boxes between the groups (the others should be done by then)- and anyone who'd like to go a second round can opt in
biggrin.gif
  (no pressure to tho!)  I know I definitely still have more polishes to add a new box- they didn't fit in the box the first time around!

here's just a quick snap of all the polishes as they came in!!!

there's also a pink ipsy mailer with nail accessory stuff in it too, didn't fit in the pic..
I will make up a list of everything and organize them all neatly when I get back from Christmas break.

Here's what I took out:

Thanks again to everyone for a great circular swap!!

Hi East Coast Ladies,  sorry for the delay but the South/midwest box has hit a major snag.  Tevans (group leader) never got the box back from the last person on her list- she's tried many times messaging and multiple emails to no avail. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     The west coasters' box is pretty big (~50 polishes) and they were thinking, if the the worst happens, and she never gets a box back, donating some of their polishes to Tevans' group so she is able get to pick some polishes and also be able to exchange the box with another region.

Now our box is similarly big like the West coast box (I think we ended up w/ 27ish high end polishes & 27 or 29 drugstore ones- so like at least like 55-60 polishes).  How do y'all feel about maybe we could also divide up our box some to send some more polishes w/ Bluelion's (west coast) to help make a box for the South/midwest?   let me know!     (ps- I can list the exact number of polishes, & types when I get home from work too).

Hi East Coast Ladies,  sorry for the delay but the South/midwest box has hit a major snag.  Tevans (group leader) never got the box back from the last person on her list- she's tried many times messaging and multiple emails to no avail. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     The west coasters' box is pretty big (~50 polishes) and they were thinking, if the the worst happens, and she never gets a box back, donating some of their polishes to Tevans' group so she is able get to pick some polishes and also be able to exchange the box with another region. Now our box is similarly big like the West coast box (I think we ended up w/ 27ish high end polishes & 27 or 29 drugstore ones- so like at least like 55-60 polishes).  How do y'all feel about maybe we could also divide up our box some to send some more polishes w/ Bluelion's (west coast) to help make a box for the South/midwest?   let me know!     (ps- I can list the exact number of polishes, & types when I get home from work too).
Lily V, Yeah,my box was stolen ! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Any polish y'all want to contribute for me to start a new box will be greatly appreciated ! Thanks, Tara PS- I can message you my address if y'all have any extras . Thx

okay.... finally... the box!!!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D

What arrived:

full shot: (there's also a sally hansen xtreme wear in virtual violet too, found it buried in bubble wrap in the bottom of the box after I took the pictures... )

close ups (left side)

(right side)

(there are 2 makeup bags included too)
What I took out:

what I put in:

there's a ruffian hedge fund in there too, forgot to put it in there for the pic...
If there any requests for any more specific colors/finishes, etc- tell me now!  I can always go through for another pass, and add some more in!  I remembered reds & greys being popular last time for @DonnaD, @tulosai

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  okay.... finally... the box!!!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D

What arrived:

full shot: (there's also a sally hansen xtreme wear in virtual violet too, found it buried in bubble wrap in the bottom of the box after I took the pictures... )

close ups (left side)

(right side)

(there are 2 makeup bags included too)
What I took out:

what I put in:

there's a ruffian hedge fund in there too, forgot to put it in there for the pic...
If there any requests for any more specific colors/finishes, etc- tell me now!  I can always go through for another pass, and add some more in!  I remembered reds & greys being popular last time for @DonnaD, @tulosai

I have no special requests at this time! I am salivating at the mod polishes you put in though... one of my fave brands!

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   I have no special requests at this time! I am salivating at the mod polishes you put in though... one of my fave brands!

Ok, no problem! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  the box is one it's way- I've PMed the trackng no# to @DonnaD  and thinking it should get to her by like either today or tomorrow maybe? (we don't live far apart at all..)

the polishes I've added are pretty much all packed in the 2 makeup bags in there, fyi too.   Have fun with them all!

ETA- looks like the tracking says it will be delivered Friday!  Yay!

I got it yesterday and I'm going to try to go through it today.  I'm taking the cute heart bag but I'll replace it with a couple of other bags.  I should have it back in the mail on Tuesday.

Take your time with it no worries :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And at least from where I'm sitting no need to worry about replacing the heart bag... there is nothing I need less than more makeup bags 
icon_redface.gif

I'm gonna pack it up tomorrow and send it out on Thursday.  I didn't get time to do much the last couple of days.  My stepson and daughter-in-law are getting ready to move across the country and I've had the baby all day everyday since Friday.  I love my little JellyBean but now she's mobile and I spend my day chasing after her.  I don't remember it being this hard with my kids but I'm old and my only goal in life is to sit quietly.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm gonna pack it up tomorrow and send it out on Thursday.  I didn't get time to do much the last couple of days.  My stepson and daughter-in-law are getting ready to move across the country and I've had the baby all day everyday since Friday.  I love my little JellyBean but now she's mobile and I spend my day chasing after her.  I don't remember it being this hard with my kids but I'm old and my only goal in life is to sit quietly.
No worries as far as I'm concerned take all the time you need.  We are obviously a really small group this round,there is almost no doubt we'll be done before the others (unless you decide to pull an STLSportsGirl on us, but somehow I don't see that happening 
icon_lol.gif
)

Yeah.  No.  I might be a lot of things, but a thief isn't one of them.  I've managed to get through 50 years without stealing anything ever.  But more importantly, there are a lot of people still left alive which practically assures me a sainthood.

Yeah.  No.  I might be a lot of things, but a thief isn't one of them.  I've managed to get through 50 years without stealing anything ever.  But more importantly, there are a lot of people still left alive which practically assures me a sainthood.
Ahahahaha!!!! So true! (I feel the same way) I also say sometimes they only reason some people I know are still alive is that Im too busy to hide bodies & too pretty to go jail! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Take your time w/ the box - chase the jelly bean, we got all the time in the world. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am FINALLY putting this in the mail tomorrow.  I didn't even realize how long I had it until I looked at my pm's to see the date it got sent to me.  I am obviously irresponsible as well as incredibly lazy.  I just kept putting off wrapping things.  I suck.

Anyways.....................

Here's what I took:

Here's what I put in:

I swear I will get this mailed out tomorrow!!!

Also, I'm bowing out of the next round.  I've just been so freakin' busy and when I'm not busy, I'm lazy.  I hate that I hung on to this box so long and I don't want to do that again.  I know how excited people are when they're next in line and I was a total buzz kill this time.

Again, really and honestly, it is fine.
icon_lol.gif
 You have not been a buzzkill to me- life happens. I hope everything has been going well for you in your busyness and that maybe you'l reconsider the next round when the time comes- I always love at least one thing you add, and when I say love I mean love.

Oh, and thanks for leaving the mod polish in there.
icon_redface.gif
 I'd have been happy for you if you'd taken it (I just love that brand and want to share the joy) but not going to lie I am kinda overjoyed I'll be able to snag it.

Back