Sample Society: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You need to call them to find out the contents. They don't do it by email.
That's weird, last month they gave me the contents by email, maybe it depends on who answers your email.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's weird, last month they gave me the contents by email, maybe it depends on who answers your email.
Yes you are probably right, it all depends who answers your email. Same with calling.

This is what is going to be in Kit C.

Borghese Gel Delicato Makeup Remover
Caudalie Premier Cru
CoTz Face Natural Skin Spf 40
Hanskin Premium Perfect Super Magic BB Cream
Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask
Jane Tran Hair Accessory Assortment SS
I'm actually really excided for the second item because I got a sample of their eye cream from a Sephora order and it's great so I can't wait to try something else by them!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Caudalie Premier Cru

CoTz Face Natural Skin Spf 40

Hanskin Premium Perfect Super Magic BB Cream

Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask

Jane Tran Hair Accessory Assortment SS
I'm actually really excided for the second item because I got a sample of their eye cream from a Sephora order and it's great so I can't wait to try something else by them!
OMG so excited!! That second item is INCREDIBLE!! yaaaaay

Ugh. I got the hanskin in another month and I haven't done anything but put it on the back of my hand

Borghese Gel Delicato Makeup Remover Caudalie Premier Cru CoTz Face Natural Skin Spf 40 Hanskin Premium Perfect Super Magic BB Cream Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask Jane Tran Hair Accessory Assortment SS

I wonder what the 

Jane Tran items are.  I have the bright bobby pin set (with a wavy side like traditional bobby pins) and the Darling Bud print bobby pin set (flat instead of wavy!), and I like them both, but I really like the latter over the former.  I know they have more than just bobby pins, but those are what I'm hoping get sent out -- and that they get sent out to everyone.  Since my box hasn't been revealed yet, I don't know whether I'll get the JT item, whatever it is.  I think that bobby pins are probably the most likely item to be sent, though, because it seems like they are a spring trend item that keep showing up all over the place, but they also seem like the most classic item made by JT that would appeal to the wide range of ages that subscribe to this box, and especially the comparatively older demographic that Sample Society seems to target. I *really* hope against the headbands because those are very cute and adorable, but they would all clash horribly with my tattoo of a bombshell.
Um.  Yeah.  Can you tell that's the one thing I'm most intrigued about in the boxes we've found out about?  With my luck, the only one it won't be in will be Kit G, aka the one I'm getting.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder what the 

Jane Tran items are.  I have the bright bobby pin set (with a wavy side like traditional bobby pins) and the Darling Bud print bobby pin set (flat instead of wavy!), and I like them both, but I really like the latter over the former.  I know they have more than just bobby pins, but those are what I'm hoping get sent out -- and that they get sent out to everyone.  Since my box hasn't been revealed yet, I don't know whether I'll get the JT item, whatever it is.  I think that bobby pins are probably the most likely item to be sent, though, because it seems like they are a spring trend item that keep showing up all over the place, but they also seem like the most classic item made by JT that would appeal to the wide range of ages that subscribe to this box, and especially the comparatively older demographic that Sample Society seems to target. I *really* hope against the headbands because those are very cute and adorable, but they would all clash horribly with my tattoo of a bombshell.
Um.  Yeah.  Can you tell that's the one thing I'm most intrigued about in the boxes we've found out about?  With my luck, the only one it won't be in will be Kit G, aka the one I'm getting.
Funny, that's the one item that excited me the most too!

It's in 3 of the boxes so far, which is a good sign.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh. I got the hanskin in another month and I haven't done anything but put it on the back of my hand
Tell CS it's a repeat item and they will credit your account.

i was wondering when i would find this thread! just checked and i am getting Kit C and was charged already - looks like shipping is APR 1st too!

i saw this floating around the interweb:

maybe an idea of what the Jane Tran items might be:

these are cute bobby pins - someone else mentioned that they are hoping for bobby pins too. these are so cute.

I wonder what will be in Kit E? I hope it is a good one! The last two boxes I have received have had terrible colors in them...yellow nailpolish and brown lipstick, yuck! So, I couldn't use either one of those products at all! I have light skintone...

Originally Posted by Brittann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder what will be in Kit E? I hope it is a good one! The last two boxes I have received have had terrible colors in them...yellow nailpolish and brown lipstick, yuck! So, I couldn't use either one of those products at all! I have light skintone...
Wow, I emailed them 5 minutes ago and just received this super quick response....pretty excited about Kit E!

Great question! In this months beautiful box you will be receiving the following items:

Caudalie Premier Cru, The Ultimate Anti-Ageing Cream

CoTZ Face Natural Skin SPF 40

Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask

Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask  Translation Insert

Jane Tran Hair Accessory Assortment

Stila Cosmetics Eye Primer

I know you will enjoy this months box!

Wow, I emailed them 5 minutes ago and just received this super quick response....pretty excited about Kit E!
Great question! In this months beautiful box you will be receiving the following items: Borghese Gel Delicato Makeup Remover Caudalie Premier Cru, The Ultimate Anti-Ageing Cream CoTZ Face Natural Skin SPF 40 Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask  Translation Insert Jane Tran Hair Accessory Assortment Stila Cosmetics Eye Primer I know you will enjoy this months box!
I'm not sure why, but "translation insert" is really amusing me right now. Oh, wait, I know why: Nerd over here. Babel fish, anyone?

I'm getting Kit D. If anyone doesn't want their Caudalie Premier Cru I'll gladly take it off their hands. This is my first box with them and I'm already impressed with the contents.

Fyi, that item may be a foil packet. CS described it as a packet and said it was 2ml's. (which is a decent size for a foil). SS doesn't usually include foils only deluxe or full size items, but this month we are all getting more than 5 products, so one or two of them may be considered "extra's".

Didn't we just get Exude Lip Gloss 2 months ago?  Or was that Creme...?  Either way I don't care, I love it and wear it all the time.  As long as it is the right color they can send me all they want of that product!  
biggrin.gif

I thought this had been mentioned in a Sample Society thread, but of course, now I can't find it! Does anyone remember when thebalm.com's 50% off sale starts? I thought it was today, but the site is still under construction! Let me know if you have any insight! I love this brand! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back