Sample Society April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Sample Society send repeat products often?  I've gotten three boxes total and this is the second Jane Iredale lash conditioner...it's not a big deal, but I'm curious.

I have only had one repeat in the almost-three-years I've been subscribed (Stila Beso lip color, I ordinarily love Stila but this is definitely not towards the top of my list.) I chalk it up to genuine error, because usually Sample Society is pretty good about not repeating stuff.

Guess I just have bad luck.  I've only gotten 3 Sample Society boxes!  But, I did cancel after the first one for a few months so maybe thats why the repeat already?

I don't know this, but it seems when you cancel and resub it starts you all over again thereby opening you up to the potential for repeats.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know this, but it seems when you cancel and resub it starts you all over again thereby opening you up to the potential for repeats.
Yep, someone from BeautyBar actually confirmed this suspicion, I remember reading about it a few months ago.

I'm intrigued with this month's box.  If I sign up today will I get the April box?  Thanks in advance!

Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm intrigued with this month's box.  If I sign up today will I get the April box?  Thanks in advance!
In the past they have been pretty strict with the cutoffs, so even if you signed up on April 1st you'd still probably get the May box.

I never get e-mails from Sample Society and I didn't call, but my dashboard said I was getting "Pistol Pink" for a liner. I got Indigo Punk and it's a gorgeous purple-blue. It seems pretty long-wearing, too! My swatch was a pain in the butt to get off! LOL

I never get e-mails from Sample Society and I didn't call, but my dashboard said I was getting "Pistol Pink" for a liner. I got Indigo Punk and it's a gorgeous purple-blue. It seems pretty long-wearing, too! My swatch was a pain in the butt to get off! LOL
That sounds like a pretty color. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That sounds like a pretty color. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I would have loved that indigo. My email and dashboard both said pistol pink but I got my box today and it was Union Jack black. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wore enough Pink, Purple & Lime for the both of us, rofl!!!!
I was punished for not wanting a neon green eyeliner;) They forgot to put one in my box. They're sending an entire new box instead of just the BL liner. Yay Sample Society!

I got Kit G. My dashboard says Pistol Pink, my email says Jaded Jack but I actually received Union Jack Black. I have several black eyeliners. Was hoping to get blue or purple. Oh well, it'll get used. :.) My question is: How do you roll up (sharpen) the eye pencil if it's a full size sample? I can't figure it out. Maybe it's not "full size"?

Quote: Originally Posted by AthenaP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Kit G. My dashboard says Pistol Pink, my email says Jaded Jack but I actually received Union Jack Black. I have several black eyeliners. Was hoping to get blue or purple. Oh well, it'll get used. :.) My question is: How do you roll up (sharpen) the eye pencil if it's a full size sample? I can't figure it out. Maybe it's not "full size"?
I have several of them--you sharpen them--it does not look like it, but you do.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  In the past they have been pretty strict with the cutoffs, so even if you signed up on April 1st you'd still probably get the May box.
 Bummer :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was hoping it was similar to Birchbox. Thank you.

so sad, I received my box, but no liner,I was pretty excited to see what color I would get, but nada! I called to see if they could send me a liner, but they could only offer me a $5.00 off my next purchase code, so sad

so sad, I received my box, but no liner,I was pretty excited to see what color I would get, but nada! I called to see if they could send me a liner, but they could only offer me a $5.00 off my next purchase code, so sad
That's ridiculous! They left out my eyeliner as well (kit B) . I called and they're sending me a whole new box.

Quote: Originally Posted by norfolkaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call them back--that is completely unfair!  Maybe you will get someone different.

Back