Sample Society April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea for kit G! I hope it doesn't make us look like we have pink eye!
I was thinking the same thing. Lol is there an age limit for pink eyeliner?
My BL eyeliner now says Jaded Jack instead of Pistol Pink. Not happy since I do not like like neon green at all and am too old to even try to pull that off! I was a teenager in the 80s and am not a fan of 80s neon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
yikes. I try not to remember that. Lol that might be worse than pink.

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleylind /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No! It now says I'm getting Jaded Jack instead of Pistol Pink.
My dashboard still shows the pink but the email I received lists Jaded Jack. I'm actually pretty happy about this. I will probably only rarely wear such a bright green, but I will never wear the pink.

I wish Sample Society would take our profiles into account. I think I am a little too old for Jaded Jack and a little too young for wrinkle cream :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> However, as always, it's a great variety of generously sized products so I'm sure there will be something I will love!

When I called they said I was getting Holland Park (blue), my dashboard says Pistol Pink and my email says Cheerio (yellow).

My box is on the truck for delivery today, I'll update when it gets here.  I tried to beg my UPS driver to dig it out of his truck this morning but he'd get in trouble if even one air package is delivered a minute past 10am and a ground package is delivered early.

Sigh....

Got my box gals!

The blotting papers are full size (30 sheets).  My BL was the color I was told on the phone, Holland Park. YAY! 

I got the Holland Park too, and the same crazy-mixed-up dashboard and email! For some reason I thought Cheerio was blue, and glad now I didn't get it (although wearing a yellow liner called Cheerio would almost painfully be a weird Buffalo thing!) And I love the smell of that candle!

The blue doesn't look as bright as the picture seemed. But I have a feeling I'm getting the neon green...

Jaded Jack isn't as bright as it seems either, I have it around here somewhere. I was a little disappointed it wasn't neon. I'm hoping for the pink in my box.

Mt dashboard says pistol pink, my email says jaded jack and my box showed up with the pink.  Kit E!

I have Kit G, dashboard says Pistol Pink, email says Jaded Jack. I hope I get the pink! If anyone can swatch the Jaded Jack I'd really appreciate it! Trying to mentally prepare for a bright green just in case! 
sick.gif

I

I have Kit G, dashboard says Pistol Pink, email says Jaded Jack. I hope I get the pink! If anyone can swatch the Jaded Jack I'd really appreciate it! Trying to mentally prepare for a bright green just in case!  :sick:
I have G too but I tried adding the indigo to my cart and it shows up as jaded jack and them underneath had the indigo color listed so I think it is an issue with how the product name is listed. And you have to search for the white yellow and blue colors. They are listed separately from the other 8 or so.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When I called they said I was getting Holland Park (blue), my dashboard says Pistol Pink and my email says Cheerio (yellow).

Okay, good!  That's exactly what mine is doing too and I had Kit A, as well.  I figured something was up when everything said something different.  I'm happy its blue!

Is there a swap thread for Sample Society? If I get blue I'm definitely trading it! I have 3 blue eyeliners already, really looking forward to pink!

Kit B here. Dashboard said "Pistol Pink" but I also got the email stating that my color would be the "Jaded Jack". Since I'm in my mid-forties, I was also a bit worried about such a neon color however, I am STILL stuck in the '80s and since I didn't have any strange colored eyeliner, I thought it would be fun even if I only wore it around the house (just to pretend that I was young once again, lol). Problem solved because I actually got the "Inky Six" in my box and I LOVE it so much, especially since this is my first of that type of blue colored eyeliner! Hope everyone gets an amazing color that will work perfectly!!!

Kit B here. Dashboard said "Pistol Pink" but I also got the email stating that my color would be the "Jaded Jack". Since I'm in my mid-forties, I was also a bit worried about such a neon color however, I am STILL stuck in the '80s and since I didn't have any strange colored eyeliner, I thought it would be fun even if I only wore it around the house (just to pretend that I was young once again, lol). Problem solved because I actually got the "Inky Six" in my box and I LOVE it so much, especially since this is my first of that type of blue colored eyeliner! Hope everyone gets an amazing color that will work perfectly!!!
LOL on the stuck in the 80s! I wore too much black back then and listened to New Wave ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Glad the eyeliner will probably be blue :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ctr64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL on the stuck in the 80s! I wore too much black back then and listened to New Wave
wink.gif

Glad the eyeliner will probably be blue
smile.gif

I wore enough Pink, Purple & Lime for the both of us, rofl!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same for me.  My box just arrived.  I am loving Holland Park!

Dashboard, email all said pink. I got black. I didn't know how I was going to rock pink, but I was so ready to try. Oh well, it won't go to waste, the rest of the box is lovely.

This is my first month, and I must say, the amount of padding they put in that box is impressive.

Back