Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's full-sized for sure! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Shutterbug68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To those who are calculating box values, are you counting the nail polish as a full size? Because it's a small sample bottle if I'm not mistaken. 

To those who are calculating box values, are you counting the nail polish as a full size? Because it's a small sample bottle if I'm not mistaken. 
Yup it is the full priced $18.00 bottle, I was shocked when I opened my box and saw that it was a full sized polish! I need to look and see if it from the newest line or if it is an older color and that is why we got them. They are labeled as sample bottles though.

So If I joined right.this.minute., when would I get billed ? 

You people are terrible enablers.

Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So If I joined right.this.minute., when would I get billed ? 

You people are terrible enablers.
when the next box ships.. so September 3rd or roundabouts

Thanks !

I now use a pre-paid card for subs, and I have to make a note to myself to keep the proper amount loaded .

Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks !

I now use a pre-paid card for subs, and I have to make a note to myself to keep the proper amount loaded .
Sample Society wouldn't take my prepaid card. They said that for security reasons, any cards they processed had to be connected to my bank. 

Got a cleanser -- WOW! I've used a lot of different types in the last few months. Have some breakouts in the chin area that are just red, but nothing really developing or going away. Used cleanser last night and saw an immediate result -- way less red and way more "clear". I'll let everyone know what happens as I continue to use it, but I was really surprised and happy with the results. Hair product worked nicely, but is small. Toner is great, but the smell reminds me of a public bathroom thats just been cleaned. LOVE the nail polish. Way lighter/prettier in person than it was on the site. Mascara seemed average to me from my first run. 

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sample Society wouldn't take my prepaid card. They said that for security reasons, any cards they processed had to be connected to my bank. 
Ruh roh.

B/c for my security reasons, I don't allow subs that sometimes double bill or do temporary double holds access to my bank linked cards. I am even switching Netflix and Ancestry.com, and I've been members at their sites for years.

I am ok with makeup and skin care surprises coming in the mail, but not ok at all with surprises going on with my moola. 

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup it is the full priced $18.00 bottle, I was shocked when I opened my box and saw that it was a full sized polish! I need to look and see if it from the newest line or if it is an older color and that is why we got them. They are labeled as sample bottles though.

It was one of three chrome mirrored polishes she released this spring as part of her summer collection.

I used the peel last night.  Very nice.  I'd consider trying other products from this line now.

Originally Posted by rubyjuls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was one of three chrome mirrored polishes she released this spring as part of her summer collection.

I used the peel last night.  Very nice.  I'd consider trying other products from this line now.
Nice so a full sized sample from the newest available line! Sample Society hit a Win again this month!

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird. I definitely used a Vanilla Visa gift card for my Sample Society first box. After the first box, I updated it to my regular credit card, but I had no problem using the pre-paid gift card.

I wanted to give an update. I called SS this morning and told them about the issues with my box. The rep on the phone was so sweet and we talked at length about nail polish, lol. She then told me that since they messed up my box they would refund my cost for the ENTIRE BOX. I was floored and told her they did not have to do that but she insisted so I told her thank-you and that I was always amazed by the customer service I have with Sample Society. Just one more reason why I love this company and will be a long time client.
heart.gif

I like the way the mascara makes my lashes look but, it transfers under my eyes within a couple of hours.  Ugh!  I just can't seem to find one that I like that doesn't do that.  I hate looking like a racoon!
eusa_wall.gif

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really? It looks so much smaller than I imagined. I've seen them in the store but it's been a while and they always look bigger in web pictures. I suppose I could have compared the oz but I didn't think of that. 

Really? It looks so much smaller than I imagined. I've seen them in the store but it's been a while and they always look bigger in web pictures. I suppose I could have compared the oz but I didn't think of that. 
Lol, I actually did check the oz. because I was still skeptical, they are both the same.

I think I may cancel my 2nd Birchbox account and try Sample Society...it looks like you guys have been getting some great stuff! 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by Adrigirl81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I may cancel my 2nd Birchbox account and try Sample Society...it looks like you guys have been getting some great stuff! 
wub.gif
I'm tempted to join, too.  I don't really *need* more samples but it's been consistent since it started.

I always hate to join immediately after an awesome box - usually there are 1-2 "meh" boxes afterwards.  But I'm thinking about it and would recommend to others.

Anyone else get a box with a loose lid on their polish? I opened my box, and even before unwrapping it could tell that something had gone wrong because the whole thing reeked of nail polish... Fortunately, it mainly got all over the bottle & the Malin+Goetz sample, but it was certainly a mess I didn't want to deal with :/

Latest posts

Back