Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine!!

Got the Elemental Herbology peeling mask, Arcona Cranbery toner, Jane Iredale Mascara (omg... I rarely wear mascara, I feel like I will NEVER finish a single tube!), the nail polish (full size whoo hooo!), and the Phyto Phytonectar oil

I use pure rosewater as my toner to help my moisturizer sink in better so I don't know about switching it up but the INGREDIENTS on the toner look just so amazing and healthy for my skin. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I guess I'll give it a shot!

Purple and lavender are my fave colors so this polish is perfect for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Overall I feel like I already have all of these staple basics in my skincare routine but I guess it will be nice to switch it up for a bit.

Just got my box and omg, I love Sample Society. Everything is beautiful and made me smile. Even though I don't usually like purple, I can still use this cus it's a pretty shade. Out of curiousity, was anyones tube EH sealed at all? I like the way it smells cus it seems to have the same smell as my waxing salon which always relaxes me. Is that odd?

When is everyone getting their Allure subscriptions? I get mine late in the month...to me..since I see the August month out on stands and I finally just received my issue today. Is it odd to wait that long to get the current month's magazine? 

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got mine and I love the whole box. I'm so happy
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I know, right???  It takes the sting out of the so-so BB boxes this month.  And mine wasn't even really that bad compared to others.

So jealous of you all! My box isn't set to arrive until Monday! And I'll be away at a work retreat tomorrow through Wednesday...well at least I live in fog city, don't have to worry about overheating here.

I would like to trade for anyones toner, if you dont want yours, can u please check out my trade list below, let me know if I have anything u would like. Thanks!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh and it seems everyone except me got the EH mask, so im also looking to trade for that!

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah me too, I'm going tp keep the mini-'scara for travel, but am not feeling the urge to sample any of the products.  

The pre-shampoo oil just seem like real odd thing... put lotion on your hands for 20 min, then sud up as usual... as if product development ran out of fresh consumer concepts and is now working on the 'pre-qual' of the first release of 'Shampoo'.  Putting a positive spin on things, I can see someone who would embalm their hair with it before swimming plas or going out to the beach for the day and their hair would be in optimum shap after a day in the salt and chlorine.

Hay does anyone want to to trade their box with me?  Oh wait this isn't BB....lol.

Even if SS is not particularly a giant happy pill for me, I can still live vicariously through other's happiness like brigittedsm and her little rolling smiley face!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

LOL! I love that little smiley. It seemed so fun.

I kinda see what you mean. None of the things I got are exactly things I need right now. I have permanent items of every single thing they sent but I feel like SS just consistently sends pretty good quality items that makes me love them. Plus, everyone preaches how great their customer service is so I can't dislike them!

I would have preferred a small bottle of the moisturizer and a sample packet of the mask but I'm really excited about ALL the brands in this box. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah me too, I'm going tp keep the mini-'scara for travel, but am not feeling the urge to sample any of the products.  

The pre-shampoo oil just seem like real odd thing... put lotion on your hands for 20 min, then sud up as usual... as if product development ran out of fresh consumer concepts and is now working on the 'pre-qual' of the first release of 'Shampoo'.  Putting a positive spin on things, I can see someone who would embalm their hair with it before swimming plas or going out to the beach for the day and their hair would be in optimum shap after a day in the salt and chlorine.

Hay does anyone want to to trade their box with me?  Oh wait this isn't BB....lol.

Even if SS is not particularly a giant happy pill for me, I can still live vicariously through other's happiness like brigittedsm and her little rolling smiley face!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Lol! I really love that smiley! It seems so fun. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I kind of get what you mean. None of the items are very much needed in my skincare repertoire at the moment. I have staple skincare for all the items they sent but at the same time I'm VERY excited about ALL the brands they sent. The ingredients just look fantastic. Though I would have preferred a small bottle of the moisturizer and a packet of the mask instead. I have so many facial peels and masks as it is, mostly from when I used to work at Sephora, and only one face. There are only so many masks my face can take whereas moisturizer is daily for me. Ah, but with the good CS everyone is talking about it's hard to dislike SS anyway.

So, I just washed my face and applied the EH Mask on my T-Zone and it smells much stronger when on, it seems to have a cooling effect so far, so let's see how it does. I also pulled out the Cranberry Toner and it kinda smells like a Pixie Stick. I don't usually try a bunch of face products all at once but am just trying them around one part of my face.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When is everyone getting their Allure subscriptions? I get mine late in the month...to me..since I see the August month out on stands and I finally just received my issue today. Is it odd to wait that long to get the current month's magazine? 
Got mine today actually.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the EH mask and I'm getting a value of over $60! (didn't add in the little MG packet). Not bad at all!
How are you getting over 60? I got the mask as well and got a value of $49.92 and that was with the packet.

Phyto: $5.82

DL Polish: $18.00

JI Masacra: $7.85

EH Detox Mask: $9.20

Toner: $8.60

Foil Packet: $.45

Latest posts

Back