Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else get a box with a loose lid on their polish? I opened my box, and even before unwrapping it could tell that something had gone wrong because the whole thing reeked of nail polish... Fortunately, it mainly got all over the bottle & the Malin+Goetz sample, but it was certainly a mess I didn't want to deal with :/
Call them, they will fix it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow!!! I tried the Phyto Oil in my hair last night it is amazing, I didn't even have to condition at all! I have thick, fine, medium long hair and it only had to use a very small amount, it should last me a while! And I tried the Elemental Mask, again wow, my pores look so nice and tight!

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow!!! I tried the Phyto Oil in my hair last night it is amazing, I didn't even have to condition at all! I have thick, fine, medium long hair and it only had to use a very small amount, it should last me a while! And I tried the Elemental Mask, again wow, my pores look so nice and tight!
So how did you end up applying it?  I haven't tried it yet. I have the phyto masque from Glossy and love it!  

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So how did you end up applying it?  I haven't tried it yet. I have the phyto masque from Glossy and love it!  
In very small amounts, I put a little in my palm and spread it around then started at my roots and worked out and down. Since I used a little bit at a time it only took a very small amount of the bottle.

Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ruh roh.

B/c for my security reasons, I don't allow subs that sometimes double bill or do temporary double holds access to my bank linked cards. I am even switching Netflix and Ancestry.com, and I've been members at their sites for years.

I am ok with makeup and skin care surprises coming in the mail, but not ok at all with surprises going on with my moola. 
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird. I definitely used a Vanilla Visa gift card for my Sample Society first box. After the first box, I updated it to my regular credit card, but I had no problem using the pre-paid gift card.

I'm almost certain it might be an issue with MY bank or something.

Mind you, this was RIGHT after Glossybox's credit card processor had gotten my card number and tried to go wild with it.

When I called Sample Society trying to switch to my Serve card, they just said my payment had to be connected to my bank.

Eh, it's all good - all other subs are on my Serve card!

In very small amounts, I put a little in my palm and spread it around then started at my roots and worked out and down. Since I used a little bit at a time it only took a very small amount of the bottle.
Thanks!!

so so pleased with Sample Society this month.  

By small amount... would that be around the size of one pea, two peas or three peas?  So glad I read your post, do you remember the days of the Alberto VO5 hot oil treatment?  They have you put the entire tube in your hair, I was just about to do that...

Follow-up: Thanks Pellen on the instructions!

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

By small amount... would that be around the size of one pea, two peas or three peas?  So glad I read your post, do you remember the days of the Alberto VO5 hot oil treatment?  They have you put the entire tube in your hair, I was just about to do that...

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

One large pea at a time. I remember the vo5 days, but never used it. I was into the natural stuff so we were putting food in our hair, lol.

Nope your not the last one, I also just got my box, but sadly, the Arcona lid was cracked all the way around, but worse than that... the Phyto oil tube was shattered and the entire box was covered in thick oil!! And, while trying to find out what had spilled, I got cut by a piece of glass from the oil! 
10.gif

The good part, Sample Society/Beauty Bar customer service rocks, and they said to just throw out the entire box and they would send me a new one, I asked if they needed for me to send pictures, he said no, "your a good customer, we trust you"  I have been with them since the start-up, and have no plans to cancel anytime soon.  Good customer service makes everything better! 
yay.gif

I am still waiting on mine. *sigh* I am in Phoenix and it says its on the truck for delivery today.

I'm jelly! My box was flagged/held and updated info says I won't get it til 8/16! Aaaargh lol, I want my box! Sucky your box was tore up @crazyawesomelvn..but CS is great, so yay for replacements! I wonder what the hell happened that you got a box that was destroyed like that! That's a lot of damage.

I hope my box isn't damaged and has leaky products...maybe that's why it was flagged/held? Poo, now I'm getting worried!

My box is roaming around town and is on the vehicle for delivery today. Thank goodness I'm home to receive it because we have record breaking heat this week and I wouldn't want it sitting on the porch all afternoon!

Getting my box later today!! Can't wait! I already took a little peek at what's coming but I've already forgotten the specifics... 
roflmao.gif

So it's going to be a surprise all over again, haha. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm glad so many people loved this month's box! Apart from the PopSugar Must Have bag this is the only other sub I kept.

Just got mine! My poor samples were boiling hot but they are all in one piece. The only thing was my Malin+Goetz sample was not in the box. :

Latest posts

Back