Sample Society: July 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by scrapsugargypsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine says :

Shipment 1 of 1

will be arriving on Monday, July 02

YAYYY I can't wait!!! 

laughno.gif
Did your dashboard update with the products yet?

Oh darn, mine says : Expected Delivery: Saturday, Jul. 07

Better late than never I guess!   
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by scrapsugargypsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine says :

Shipment 1 of 1

YAYYY I can't wait!!! 

laughno.gif

mine says that too...but my dashboard also says my next box will ship on 7/2....can't be shipped and received on the same day lol!

Oh wierd, my dashboard says the same thing...?

My dashboard always initially says it'll be arriving super early, like next day..but then it'll update and show the correct shipping dates..so don't get too excited just yet ladies.

like I said before the first round of shipping is the 1st Monday of the month.. so how can you get it on the 2nd if it MAY ship on the 2nd but COULD ship any other day that week..

I've seen unboxing blog posts/ videos for SS but can't decide if I want to get on the waitlist for it. I'm currently subscribed to glossybox and birchbox and I definitely can't do 3 boxes, but 2 a month is okay for me right now. Glossybox is a little expensive at $21 a month so I'm thinking about canceling. Is SS worth it?

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen unboxing blog posts/ videos for SS but can't decide if I want to get on the waitlist for it. I'm currently subscribed to glossybox and birchbox and I definitely can't do 3 boxes, but 2 a month is okay for me right now. Glossybox is a little expensive at $21 a month so I'm thinking about canceling. Is SS worth it?
From the perspective of only looking at the products in the boxes, I say GB is a better value. However, GB has a lot of issues right now with charging more than once, charging and shipping at random times of the month, stolen cc info, etc. These are issues none of us have reported with SS. They charge 2-3 days before they ship. Samples are truly deluxe sizes. They offer a variety of products but is mostly a face and haircare subscription. From what has been sent with the first 2 GBs, those have more variety. First box had a full size nail polish and lip stick sample, whereas we have never had any nail polish and only one lip product in the last 4 months with SS. Also, this months GB has either a full size mascara or a full size eye shadow. SS has sent a mascara sample before, but not once a full size product. All in all, IMO GB has more value for the 21.00 than SS has for the 15.00 they charge. Not including the 15.00 off code they give you each month, because you have to spend more money to get use out of it. 

Sample society is honestly my fav sub right now (I also sub to BB and glossybox). Can't even wait for this month's box!

Originally Posted by pobox607 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sample society is honestly my fav sub right now (I also sub to BB and glossybox). Can't even wait for this month's box!
I loved June, my first box, but I was worried after seeing May's box that I didn't like....so we'll see if July is awesome like June was! Shipping tomorrow weee!

This is my first month with SS, I joined based on a Vloggers rec, should be getting it tomorrow EXCITED to see what comes in the box!

Originally Posted by PDubA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first month with SS, I joined based on a Vloggers rec, should be getting it tomorrow EXCITED to see what comes in the box!
Be sure to post spoiler pics if you do!

This will be my first month with SS. Cant wait to see whats inside for July. I subscribe to a few others and cancled one last month to sign up for SS. So far what I have seen on YouTube and reviews, it looks pretty good!

I will be on vacation when it comes so I will have a few box suprises when I get back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by PaleBeauty66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like this box so far, and I've been subbed for 3 months. My dashboard says july 2 it ships. it ships on my bday! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
birthday.gif
 My birthday is July 13th so I'm hoping for awesome SS & BB boxes this month! I'm also excited for the birthday gift from Sephora 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

birthday.gif
 My birthday is July 13th so I'm hoping for awesome SS & BB boxes this month! I'm also excited for the birthday gift from Sephora 
biggrin.gif
Thank you! I'm excited! happy early birthday!

Originally Posted by scrapsugargypsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine says :

Shipment 1 of 1

YAYYY I can't wait!!! 

laughno.gif
I have the same thing...however I JUST got my shipping email. Weird

Got my shipping notice this morning.  Expected delivery tomorrow, 7/3!  I'm in NY so I usually get this quickly!  So excited.  There's been so much drama going on with GB that I forgot that SS ships at the beginning of the month.  

Oops, just saw the items on my dashboard.  Don't go there if you want to be surprised!!!!!

July samples & featured brands

$15 to redeem on a $50 purchase - when any product from this month's  sampled brands is included. Enter BBSOCIETYJUL at checkout. Expires 9/5/12*

Read July's expert advice from Allure »

June samples & featured brands

Back