Sample Society: July 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dangit I forgot to update my shipping address so its coming to my home. The problem is they wont leave it on the porch, they always want someone there so I was going to have it shipped to my work address. Oh well, I will try to leave a note for UPS to leave it at the leasing office or something.

Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey is anyone's shipping notice say that their box weighs 0.1? Judging from the items in the box, I'd say this is a mistake, but I was just wondering if anyone else got the same. Because that means that the samples are really, really, really tiny...
I just looked and I have not received my shipping notice but I signed into SS and there is a tracking number, so I clicked on it and it says a shipping label has been made and that the weight is .1!  That is scary, but don't you think the box alone would weigh .1?  I am going to think positive and hope that the weight changes once they receive the item.  What are your thoughts?

Dont worry about it, last month mine said .4 oz and there was no way with everything in there (see: last month's thread) that the box weighed .4 oz.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, that brand is crazy expensive. I also havent tried anything from that brand, so I am excited to.
I hope I hate it lol; can't afford to fall in love with something that expensive! I sure will feel extra special using it, though lol.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those peaking...lordy lol, did you see the price tag on the 3rd item??? I wanted to look up some more info on the individual items I  wasn't that familiar with and thought....not even on Christmas!! 
icon_eek.gif
Holy Cow!  I do not think I have ever held a $250.00 item before.  REALLY EXCITED so glad I joined for this months goodies!

i received one of the sampels in a prior BB box..  i wonder is SS sizes are bigger??  i really liked the product, so i am glad to get another one..  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sooo excited for this months box!  I love getting any kind of skin care, and this box has it covered!  I'm excited to try the Sisley, and I love Borghese.  The lip pencil looks great too.  The only thing I'm not overly excited about is the Jouer LMT.  I've used this before and its not for me.   

A little bummed as the full size item is something I dont think I will ever use, or even really know how to use. This is my favorite sub by far but this month I am just totally not excited for it, oh well! I loved last month, and im sure something in this box will surprise me and win me over.

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i received one of the sampels in a prior BB box..  i wonder is SS sizes are bigger??  i really liked the product, so i am glad to get another one..  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you are refering to the Jouer product, this one looks like a WAY bigger size than the samples sent out by BB.

When Sample Society first started, and I first saw the picture they were using to advertise it, I thought there was no way in hell they would put a sample of a Sisley product in a 15.00 box of samples.  I was wrong!  I wonder how big the sample is?  I'm also excited to try the eye cream, and the Borghese body cream, and the lip liner pencil looks great too!

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are refering to the Jouer product, this one looks like a WAY bigger size than the samples sent out by B
Just curious how you can tell that?

I looked at the page with my June samples, and the picture of the Caudalie eye cream sample looks the same size as the Alterna hair product picture, but in reality the Caudalie was quite small. 

Originally Posted by goodgollymolly6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A little bummed as the full size item is something I dont think I will ever use, or even really know how to use. This is my favorite sub by far but this month I am just totally not excited for it, oh well! I loved last month, and im sure something in this box will surprise me and win me over.
I dont use lip liner either, but I did buy one once (and still have it), sometimes I use it as a lip tint by filling in my lips with the color, then I blot it, and  put a gloss or sheer lipstick over it. The color lasts all night by doing that. I tried using it by just lining the outline of my lips before putting lipstick on, but it didnt look right on me - maybe its just the wrong shade for me.

Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey is anyone's shipping notice say that their box weighs 0.1? Judging from the items in the box, I'd say this is a mistake, but I was just wondering if anyone else got the same. Because that means that the samples are really, really, really tiny...
Yes!

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont use lip liner either, but I did buy one once (and still have it), sometimes I use it as a lip tint by filling in my lips with the color, then I blot it, and  put a gloss or sheer lipstick over it. The color lasts all night by doing that. I tried using it by just lining the outline of my lips before putting lipstick on, but it didnt look right on me - maybe its just the wrong shade for me.
This is what I plan on doing with the liner, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm curious how they'll figure out which shade to send of

jouer tint.  I don't think our profiles asks about skin color...are they going to send everyone the same shade??

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, I got the body soak and soaps from boxes/swaps last month, so the first item just rounds it all out!
I havnet tried the soak - did you like it?  Have you tried any of the other Borghese products?

I purchased the soap with my points from Birchbox a couple of weeks ago. I've used it a couple times so far, and love it!  I think its about the size of 4 bath bars.  I had to cut it in half so I could hold on to it with wet hands.   

I'm looking forward to trying the body cream.  This might be what I use the 15.00 discount on this month.  

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't regret canceling but I wouldn't be bummed to get this box. I love vincent longo
This is how I've felt about every SS box since I canceled. This is what makes me know I made the right decision and that I might be over sample boxes. Even when I'm getting a good valued box, with nice items, it doesn't really excite me. 

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are refering to the Jouer product, this one looks like a WAY bigger size than the samples sent out by B
Just curious how you can tell that?

I looked at the page with my June samples, and the picture of the Caudalie eye cream sample looks the same size as the Alterna hair product picture, but in reality the Caudalie was quite small. 

By looking at the picture. I know how the sample that BB sent out looks, so just comparing that to the picture.. and the fact that they usually send out genuinely deluxe samples, like the Murad primer a few months back that lasted a few weeks. The sample BB sent lasts MAYBE 3 times.

I know no one has received thier box yet, but if anyone is planning on using their $15.00 on a Vincent Longo product, Beauty Bar has a gift with purchase going on now, that ends on 7/4.  The gift is a full size blush with a 40.00 purchase.

Back