Sample Society: July 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

saw the items on the dashboard this morning, too.  looks like there is some overlap of items between GB and SS.
And BB too.  I guess that's what happens after a while.  Or maybe that means I should be cutting down on my subs! 
scared.gif
  I'm still excited for the items.  

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my shipping notice this morning.  Expected delivery tomorrow, 7/3!  I'm in NY so I usually get this quickly!  So excited.  There's been so much drama going on with GB that I forgot that SS ships at the beginning of the month.  

Oops, just saw the items on my dashboard.  Don't go there if you want to be surprised!!!!!

July samples & featured brands

$15 to redeem on a $50 purchase - when any product from this month's  sampled brands is included. Enter BBSOCIETYJUL at checkout. Expires 9/5/12*

Read July's expert advice from Allure »

June samples & featured brands

Oboyoboyoboy! I'm salivating for this now!!!

Lol, I got the body soak and soaps from boxes/swaps last month, so the first item just rounds it all out!

I haven't peeked at the spoilers- trying to hold out (although that didn't work last month, lol) last month was my first month with SS and I loved it. Can't wait to see what's in store for this month. I haven't gotten a shipping email yet but It says it should be here friday. 

This is my first month with GB and i canceled and i haven't even seen my box yet. I think despite all the hype GB needs like 6 months before I would consider resubbing. 

I didn't peek last month either and it definitely was more fun. I also hadn't made up my mind about which products I liked and didn't like beforehand. I'm going to try really hard not to peek again this month. 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't peeked at the spoilers- trying to hold out (although that didn't work last month, lol) last month was my first month with SS and I loved it. Can't wait to see what's in store for this month. I haven't gotten a shipping email yet but It says it should be here friday. 

This is my first month with GB and i canceled and i haven't even seen my box yet. I think despite all the hype GB needs like 6 months before I would consider resubbing. 

My box has shipped! I already have my UPS Tracking number!

Thanks for the spoilers!

I can't wait to try the Borghese. (I've never disliked anything from them.)

I had the Jouer from Birchbox in the past. It's a nice product.    I hope the Lip Pencil is in a complimentary color.
Unfortunately, this will be my last box. I have to cut back. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope to be back in the future.

Got my shipping notice this morning.  Expected delivery tomorrow, 7/3!  I'm in NY so I usually get this quickly!  So excited.  There's been so much drama going on with GB that I forgot that SS ships at the beginning of the month.  

Oops, just saw the items on my dashboard.  Don't go there if you want to be surprised!!!!!

$15 to redeem on a $50 purchase - when any product from this month's  sampled brands is included. Enter BBSOCIETYJUL at checkout. Expires 9/5/12*

OMG is this really true?? Ok I am staying with you Sample Society. You are now up there with BB. I love you !!
lovelovee.gif

I immediately logged to my bank to see if I have a pending charge from BeautyBar and I do! Yey! I am not going to miss out on the best box ever! !

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I immediately logged to my bank to see if I have a pending charge from BeautyBar and I do! Yey! I am not going to miss out on the best box ever! !
okay i am totally standing by the no peeking thing- but excited about the positive comments on the spoilers!!! EEEEEEEE! MUST NOT LOOK!!!!

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

okay i am totally standing by the no peeking thing- but excited about the positive comments on the spoilers!!! EEEEEEEE! MUST NOT LOOK!!!!
Be excited...looks good lol

Hey is anyone's shipping notice say that their box weighs 0.1? Judging from the items in the box, I'd say this is a mistake, but I was just wondering if anyone else got the same. Because that means that the samples are really, really, really tiny...

I'm not super excited about this box but I'm not disappointed either. I'll be glad to try the Jouer luminizing tint I'm not thrilled about the lip pencil because I'll never use it. I stick to lip gloss and chapstick.  I think the thing that is the most disappointing is that you have to buy one of the products from your box to use the $15 off code and that's annoying. I have plenty of stuff I'd love to get from BeautyBar with that code, just not always from the certain box. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For those peaking...lordy lol, did you see the price tag on the 3rd item??? I wanted to look up some more info on the individual items I  wasn't that familiar with and thought....not even on Christmas!! 
icon_eek.gif

You just have to buy something of that brand from the box... not that specific item... Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by Shutterbug68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not super excited about this box but I'm not disappointed either. I'll be glad to try the Jouer luminizing tint I'm not thrilled about the lip pencil because I'll never use it. I stick to lip gloss and chapstick.  I think the thing that is the most disappointing is that you have to buy one of the products from your box to use the $15 off code and that's annoying. I have plenty of stuff I'd love to get from BeautyBar with that code, just not always from the certain box. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Correct, you only have to purchase the brand, not the specific item...but you also have to purchase $50 or more to receive the discount.

Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You just have to buy something of that brand from the box... not that specific item... Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by Shutterbug68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't regret canceling but I wouldn't be bummed to get this box. I love vincent longo

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those peaking...lordy lol, did you see the price tag on the 3rd item??? I wanted to look up some more info on the individual items I  wasn't that familiar with and thought....not even on Christmas!! 
icon_eek.gif

Yep, that brand is crazy expensive. I also havent tried anything from that brand, so I am excited to.

Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey is anyone's shipping notice say that their box weighs 0.1? Judging from the items in the box, I'd say this is a mistake, but I was just wondering if anyone else got the same. Because that means that the samples are really, really, really tiny...
I just looked and I have not received my shipping notice but I signed into SS and there is a tracking number, so I clicked on it and it says a shipping label has been made and that the weight is .1!  That is scary, but don't you think the box alone would weigh .1?  I am going to think positive and hope that the weight changes once they receive the item.  What are your thoughts?

Back