Sample Society: July 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, I got the body soak and soaps from boxes/swaps last month, so the first item just rounds it all out!
I havnet tried the soak - did you like it?  Have you tried any of the other Borghese products?

I purchased the soap with my points from Birchbox a couple of weeks ago. I've used it a couple times so far, and love it!  I think its about the size of 4 bath bars.  I had to cut it in half so I could hold on to it with wet hands.   

I'm looking forward to trying the body cream.  This might be what I use the 15.00 discount on this month.  

I am also going to use the 15.00 coupon towards Borghese products! I have been waiting for either a Borghese product or PTR product and this month I got lucky!

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

By looking at the picture. I know how the sample that BB sent out looks, so just comparing that to the picture.. and the fact that they usually send out genuinely deluxe samples, like the Murad primer a few months back that lasted a few weeks. The sample BB sent lasts MAYBE 3 times.
The sample BB sent out was teeny tiny!  I was just wondering how you knew that.  Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

By looking at the picture. I know how the sample that BB sent out looks, so just comparing that to the picture.. and the fact that they usually send out genuinely deluxe samples, like the Murad primer a few months back that lasted a few weeks. The sample BB sent lasts MAYBE 3 times.
The sample BB sent out was teeny tiny!  I was just wondering how you knew that.  Thanks!

I suppose they could send out little samples, but seeing as its not an expensive product I am hoping for a decent size. I am of course just speculating so please dont be mad at me if they send out a tiny tube! lol

I ended up getting charged and having the box shipped today, which was strange, but a nice difference. Compared to say Glossybox, which will charge you 3 weeks before they ship! According to the tracking I should get it next Tuesday. They are usually spot on so I expect it either Tuesday or if I get lucky, on Monday. 

Ooh, Sample Society is definitely starting to be one of my favorite subs.  I'm not usually over the moon about the items at first, but then when I try them the quality wins me over.  The deluxe sizes help and the luxe brands that I've never tried are a nice bonus.  If anyone swatches something and doesn't fall in love with it, I'm open to trades from this box or any past Sample Society boxes, for all sorts of items, including some makeup items.  I've got to get my trade list up.  I'm also looking for a Ren Mask that was in Sample Society I believe in April and also the byTerry Rose Creme.  

I can't believe this is coming out on top with me, who'd have thought?  The makeup items in other subs are flashy and fun, but I end up actually using the creams and potions from Sample Society more and will end up repurchasing more of these type items.  PM me and keep me in mind if you have extra SS stuff that you don't use, I'll hook you up!  Maybe I'll try a second sub from them?  That's crazy.  But I get so much more value out of these items than my Beauty Army subs and I have two of those . . . but do end up skipping a lot of them.  My beauty drawer(s) are getting packed, time to find new homes for things!

Anyone had experience using a lip liner as eyeliner? Just wondering for no reason what so ever.
doze.gif

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I suppose they could send out little samples, but seeing as its not an expensive product I am hoping for a decent size. I am of course just speculating so please dont be mad at me if they send out a tiny tube! lol
I wont hold you to it.  I'm just thinking the one we rec'd from BB was crazy small, but as you said, the tube is different.  This is the one product in the box I know I dont like, so if its a tiny sample or a huge sample, its all the same to me.  I'm thinking the eye cream is probably about the size of the Caudalie we got from SS last month.  I hope the Borghese and Sisley are decent sized.  I'm actually surprised that Sisley is providing samples, given the price of the full size. 

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone had experience using a lip liner as eyeliner? Just wondering for no reason what so ever.
doze.gif
No, but I suppose it work.  I was wondering how creamy and blendable this is, and if I could use it on my eyes with one of my shadows without too much tugging.

doze.gif
You mean like in order to get out of work/school by faking illness with red rimmed eyes?  Just kidding!  I'd love to see what someone who knows what they're doing (not me!) could do with a pink/nude/red eyeliner.  I'll bet there are some great makeup artists out there who've tried it.  Urban Decay sent out their 24/7 liner in a Glam Bag in Woodstock (which is a bright pink) to a lot of people, so I'm sure there are many who've tried it.  I got Radium so I can't try it out on myself for giggles and I don't know that I want to pay $19 for something that I'd be afraid to wear out of the house because I don't know what I'm doing, ha ha.  You've inspired me to do some googling . . . 
sla.gif

doze.gif
no, but i've done the reverse. i got a "plum" eyeliner in my spring TT and it was much to red for me to wear as an eyeliner so i used it on my lips. it got "crumbly". 

My delivery date was wrong again.

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On: Thursday, 07/05/2012   Scheduled For Early Delivery On: Tuesday, 07/03/2012   Second time they've done that to me!!

biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Janamaste /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On: Thursday, 07/05/2012   Scheduled For Early Delivery On: Tuesday, 07/03/2012   Second time they've done that to me!!

biggrin.gif
please post pics ? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

biggrin.gif
Mine says it shipped today, but when I click on the tracking #, it says that a label was printed today, and will update when my package arrives at UPS.  I hope its soon!

I havnet tried the soak - did you like it?  Have you tried any of the other Borghese products?

I purchased the soap with my points from Birchbox a couple of weeks ago. I've used it a couple times so far, and love it!  I think its about the size of 4 bath bars.  I had to cut it in half so I could hold on to it with wet hands.   

I'm looking forward to trying the body cream.  This might be what I use the 15.00 discount on this month.  
I liked the soaks. I know some ladies feel that Borghese is an "old lady" line, but I love the line. I think they offer great bath/spa products. My mother used their line before and their Fango mud line is great. I'm probably going to take the plunge and buy a few bars of the soap, maybe a jar of Fango mud. Also to note, I saw the full sized Tono body cream tub at TJMaxx last week for $20

Vincent Longo actually has some colors that don't sound particularly "fruity"! Tan, toast, pumpkin, and some purples!

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You mean like in order to get out of work/school by faking illness with red rimmed eyes?  Just kidding!  I'd love to see what someone who knows what they're doing (not me!) could do with a pink/nude/red eyeliner.  I'll bet there are some great makeup artists out there who've tried it.  Urban Decay sent out their 24/7 liner in a Glam Bag in Woodstock (which is a bright pink) to a lot of people, so I'm sure there are many who've tried it.  I got Radium so I can't try it out on myself for giggles and I don't know that I want to pay $19 for something that I'd be afraid to wear out of the house because I don't know what I'm doing, ha ha.  You've inspired me to do some googling . . . 
sla.gif

biggrin.gif
Mine changed too....from this Friday to next Monday :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My delivery date always changes at least 1x. I get the shipping notice and first estimate, but once UPS processes it the shopping date is updated again and reflects the more accurate delivery estimate.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Correct, you only have to purchase the brand, not the specific item...but you also have to purchase $50 or more to receive the discount.
Thanks. I realized after posting that I had misunderstood that, but it still makes it less valuable in my opinion. Maybe they'll sample some Stila eventually. I'd love to get a $15 off coupon for some of that! 
smilehappyyes.gif

I've cancelled my subscription with Sample Society. I like the products but since the products are almost identical to Birchbox I rather just save that $16.25 (tax) along with the $21 from Glossybox and spend it at Ulta.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've cancelled my subscription with Sample Society. I like the products but since the products are almost identical to Birchbox I rather just save that $16.25 (tax) along with the $21 from Glossybox and spend it at Ulta.
Your Sample Society boxes are IDENTICAL to your BBs? Do you get special boxes from BB for blogging and YTs for them?

Because the brands in my SS boxes are far and away better than what comes in BB with maybe 2 exceptions since Sample Society launched.

Back