Sample Society- June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol It should but I got a larger size of Burberry Body for free several months ago (it's become my favorite perfume and I don't normally wear perfume) which is why I didn't care for the Oscar de la Renta perfume.

When I peaked at the products this month, I was really excited for the boho waves & eye cream. My box came yesterday. I can't believe how tiny the eye cream is especially when they have made it a point that they offer deluxe size samples. I canceled.

I couldn't get anything out of my eye cream so I called and they are sending me a replacement.  (Hope it's not empty too.)

Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't get anything out of my eye cream so I called and they are sending me a replacement.  (Hope it's not empty too.)
I'm also getting another one sent to me- But I'm super worried it'll be empty after so many people here saying there wasn't much product in their tubes :/

my eye cream tube had enough in it to squeeze out a bit for ONE application on each eye. Although it's diappointing to receive an empty tube (I also received an empty Dr. Jart BB Cream tube in my GG Birchbox), I don't think I'm gonna go through the hassle of a replacement. I'm happy with everything else in the box. The perfume is huge compared to what you normally get in a sample box, the lip plumper looks so tiny but it's so freakin' cute and there's actually quite a bit there so it will last quite a while... at least for me anyways, lol! The murad now gets used on a daily basis so I'm glad it's a 2 oz size... it'll last for quite a while. The beach wave mist is pretty good... I like to spray that in my hair while it's still damp and it's a big size too. Overall I'm happy with this box because I use everything but still a little skeptical so I'll see what comes next month.

I finally tried out the Boho waves and I loved it. I used it on my towel-dried curly hair and scrunched it through, then air-dried.

It looked really good. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have a Murad clarifying cleanser they're interested in swapping? Haven't really seen any on the trade threads and I know people were not wanting them lol...PM me please!
I am waiting for my box and KNOW FOR SURE I will be looking to swap my MUDAD. Have an allergy to the active ingredient.

Message me if you are interested.

It was hard to get the eye cream out of the tube each time, but I was able to get five full uses out of it. Just a little bit goes a long way; I used a pea-sized amount for each eye area, and only applied nightly.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was hard to get the eye cream out of the tube each time, but I was able to get five full uses out of it. Just a little bit goes a long way; I used a pea-sized amount for each eye area, and only applied nightly.
Goodness, I haven't even been using that much, unless it is a really tiny pea, a tiny bit goes a long long way!

LOL I got one pea-sized eye's worth of cream from the caudalie sample, most of the tube was just air. I'm ambivalent about the perfume--it doesn't smell bad at all, but it's very neutral, like a floral air-freshener scent. I'm sick of getting Murad products, but my sister could probably use the facewash. The lip plumper is adorable--very portable. The 'tingly' sensation is pretty strong, but I like it.

I have to say, I really like the wave spray! I'd almost call it a light, texturizing hairspray more than anything else, but it doesn't make your hair sticky. The texture doesn't last long on me, but I would have never tried it out if it weren't for SS. Though like some of you said, $15 for 3 free-size samples and 2 deluxe samples isn't much of a steal--I figure $1 each for the tiny samples, $6 for each of the larger samples (which is probably what they're worth anyway, if not less).

Originally Posted by Janamaste /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally tried out the Boho waves and I loved it. I used it on my towel-dried curly hair and scrunched it through, then air-dried.

It looked really good. 
 I used the Boho waves and did my normal round round brush straightening thing and LOVED it!!!!!  I can't get the Pretty Woman/Julia Roberts waves to my hair that I could when I was younger but it works as an AWESOME straightener/defrizzer as well.  LOVE THIS STUFF!!!  Will definitely be buying the fullsize version!

I actually tried the boho wave thing this morning and so far so good, no frizziness and it actually is wavy 
smile.gif
2 thumbs up!

My hair is naturally straight and takes me the longest to wave/curl my hair.. After getting out of the shower, I spritz my hair with the Boho Waves and let my hair dry naturally.  Once dry, I twist my hair into a loose bun while I sleep (my hair is so long, it gets in the way while I sleep & get caught up in the way of my bf while he tosses/turns in bed, lol) and I wake up with beautiful waves! I spritz some more while getting ready and my waves last the entire day.  My full size purchase this month will be the Boho Waves :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm hoping to swap my Boho Waves sample for the Murad sample if anyone is interested. (Forgive me, I'm a little new and have never used the swap and trade forum before so I'm still trying to figure all of that out, LOL!)

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm hoping to swap my Boho Waves sample for the Murad sample if anyone is interested. (Forgive me, I'm a little new and have never used the swap and trade forum before so I'm still trying to figure all of that out, LOL!)
 I would love to trade.  PM me!!!

I like this box too!  This is my first boxes - I hope the following months are good.

Originally Posted by hrseangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am waiting for my box and KNOW FOR SURE I will be looking to swap my MUDAD. Have an allergy to the active ingredient.

Message me if you are interested.

Curious which ingredient you are allergic to?  My face broke out in a rash when I tried it :/ 

Originally Posted by Antidentite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Curious which ingredient you are allergic to?  My face broke out in a rash when I tried it :/ 
I would guess salicylic acid; I think that's the only ingredient listed as "active". This why I also traded mine. I'm not allergic; I just don't like using products containing salicylic acid.

Back