Sample Society: May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thought I'd start the thread since I found a spoiler on fb!!

BeautyBar.com
First look! All Sample Society members will receive Jane Iredale Forever Pink Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain in the May box. 

Wow! How did I miss this thread so far?

The spoiler looks FAB!!!

Excellent work Gabi!!!!

Joining the thread.  There was a Jane Iredale lip plumper lipstick in a box in May or June last year (it was one of the first boxes). It was about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long in a nice metal tube.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know what day Sample Society now takes payment out?
It's been random for me, early part of the month though usually.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know what day Sample Society now takes payment out?
Mine usually hits around the 28th of the month and sits in pending till the 1st.

I had actually cancelled my account with them, but after seeing this spoiler I resubed, this was just too good to pass up.

I'm not the least bit psyched about another frosty lipstick in my box.   I've written to them to see if I can change my profile or something so that I can get some variety, but they didn't respond.  I also asked if they would consider a different finish to the lip products they send out.  I really like most of what I get in my box, especially the hair care stuff, but I feel like if I want to stay with the box that I'll just have to ignore the makeup part and stop getting my hopes up about it.  I really wish someone would start a makeup only box with high end products.  Ipsy is not it for me.

Originally Posted by Glitterazzi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not the least bit psyched about another frosty lipstick in my box.   I've written to them to see if I can change my profile or something so that I can get some variety, but they didn't respond.  I also asked if they would consider a different finish to the lip products they send out.  I really like most of what I get in my box, especially the hair care stuff, but I feel like if I want to stay with the box that I'll just have to ignore the makeup part and stop getting my hopes up about it.  I really wish someone would start a makeup only box with high end products.  Ipsy is not it for me.
Me too. I'd be willing to shell out more $ for a box that with mainly high end makeup. I'm struggling with whether to give ipsy another chance right now (last month was my first and I was NOT impressed) and I was thinking about the same thing. 

I was charged today and my order page says Kit A! I wonder what's in it...

I decided to resub to sample society in march when they had butter london polishes in the boxes and I'm glad I did.

Mine says Kit A too, but I wonder if that will change. Either way, I can't wait to see what we're getting!! 

Mine says Kit A too, but I wonder if that will change. Either way, I can't wait to see what we're getting!! 
Same here, but I noticed a little banner in upper left corner of order page that says "Sample" next to the product. Does it just put box A as a placeholder for all the authorizations and then update later?

Me too. I'd be willing to shell out more $ for a box that with mainly high end makeup. I'm struggling with whether to give ipsy another chance right now (last month was my first and I was NOT impressed) and I was thinking about the same thing. 
Don't know if you'd necessarily consider it "high end" but you might want to check out Wantable. It's make-up only (at least 5 products in each box I've received) and so far has matched my profile in terms of content and colors. $36 a month with a sub (was easy to skip when I wanted to) or $40 for a one time box.

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should look into Starlooks. I have really been blown away with the quality of their products.

Spoilers!!!!!

I spoke to Customer Service and they told me the contents of Kit A

[SIZE=16pt]Kit A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Alterna Luminous Shine Mist[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]YuBe moisturizing skin cream[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Dr Brandt Flexitone BB cream[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jane Iredale Forever Pink Lip and Cheek Stain[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Kate Somerville Tanning Towelette[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I believe they are all deluxe samples, but not completely certain.[/SIZE]
And here are the contents of Kit B...

[SIZE=16pt]Alterna Luminous Shine Mist[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]YuBe moisturizing skin cream[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Dr Brandt Flexitone BB cream[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jane Iredale Forever Pink Lip and Cheek Stain[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]B Kamins Vegetable Cleanser[/SIZE]
I love how CS always spills the beans!

I also have Kit A listed, but I really hope it switches to Kit B, because I really don't want the last product in Kit A.

Back