Sample Society: May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh all of those sound pretty good.  I wasn't very excited for just the JI product but if all of the kits have products like these (with very good variety) I will be really happy.

Ugh, tanning towelettes. I am kit A, and I do not want those. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Spoilers!!!!!

I spoke to Customer Service and they told me the contents of Kit A

[SIZE=16pt]Kit A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Alterna Luminous Shine Mist[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]YuBe moisturizing skin cream[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Dr Brandt Flexitone BB cream[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jane Iredale Forever Pink Lip and Cheek Stain[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Kate Somerville Tanning Towelette[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I believe they are all deluxe samples, but not completely certain.[/SIZE]

Bleh. I got Sample Society Sample Society May Kit A.

• Alterna Luminous Shine Mist - never tried
  • YuBe moisturizing skin cream -- already have that sample from a different company, don't remember if I tried it
  • Dr Brandt Flexitone BB cream -- already have that sample from a different company and didn't care for it
  • Jane Iredale Forever Pink Lip and Cheek Stain -- I'll give this a go.
  • Kate Somerville Tanning Towelette -- I DON'T TAN! I'll pass this to one of my two girls.
Overall as it stands, not crazy about this month's contents. Nothing in it excites me or causes me to look forward to it. If anything I'll just pass the stuff down to my girls.

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, tanning towelettes. I am kit A, and I do not want those. 
frown.gif
Ditto. 

I'm kinda hoping my kit changes to a different one. If not, I'll make the best of kit A. I am not particularly thrilled about getting a BB cream for a second month in a row, but everything else I'm optimistic about. I've had the Yu Be stuff before, and it does work really well, so I'll be happy to get some more. 

Argh so disappointing! A major reason I cancelled the first time around was because I got tantasia samples TWICE! I don't use any of that stuff, I'm too pale! Boo! But everything else looks good, so overall not so bad!

It looks like I'm getting Kit D!  I will always hope against self-tanners and black eye liner (I know it's not listed here, but I just felt like throwing that out).  I just noticed that the item in the photo spoiler is a self-adjusting product, so that will be interesting.  I've never used a self-adjusting shimmery product.  I know I have the hair product listed in A and B (I just noticed it in my stash this evening when I was looking for something else.  I can't remember where it came from, though), so I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get it this time around.  I'm not curious enough to call to find out what they're sending, though.

It seems as if they keep sending out the same brands over and over.  I already received a Jane Iredale lip product in another box as well as at least one, if not two, Alterna products.  They also sent me two Kate Sommerville products and three Oscar Blandi products.  To top it off, they've sent me the exact same Borghese gloss to me twice.  If I get kit A as listed on my account, then I'm probably going to cancel and wait until things improve.  All the boxes are starting to look the same to me.

Kit A.

OMG, Alterna mist once AGAIN!!!! the 3d time in a row. 

Not excited about this kit at all. Probably it is time to cancel.

This is my first month with SS. Where do I find what kit I'm getting. I've poked around my dashboard, but haven't found it.

Edited: Nevermind...I found it! It says Kit A for me.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first month with SS. Where do I find what kit I'm getting. I've poked around my dashboard, but haven't found it.
When logged in go to (it's a pain honestly)....

Membership Profile > Order History, Status & Returns

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should look into Starlooks. I have really been blown away with the quality of their products.
Thanks for the info.  I took a look at them and it looks pretty interesting.

I can't believe the   tanning towellettes   retail for $6 each!  I'm also getting kit A and will be gifting that item to someone else.

Originally Posted by Glitterazzi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the info.  I took a look at them and it looks pretty interesting.
I second that. You'll love the products.

It says I'm getting kit A, though since it seems like everyone is getting kit a maybe that is just a placeholder or they only have 2 kits this month.

Kit A here.  Totally not excited about ANOTHER Alterna hair mist or tanning crap.  Especially annoyed because I got a duplicate product last month that was the other Alterna hair mist that I'd already received a few months ago, as well as from another box.  I've gotten this one from another sub as well. 

Back