Sample Society: May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually decided to cancel. The Jane Ireland product looked fun, but otherwise the stuff feels exactly the same to last month's box, especially with the BB cream (which I probably have a good couple month's supply since I seem to be getting them in almost every sub)

This is my first box with SS. Are they like BB where you are not supposed to get a duplicate item? I've seen a lot of ladies post about dupes. Just wondering.

Oh! Shipping! I'm not sure I've ever been the first to get it before! ETA Contents of kit d:

yu-be cream B.Kamins vegetable cleanser Dr. Brandt Flexitone bb cream Jane Ireland Forever Pink lip and cheek tint Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Gloss conditioner

Mine still says Kit A and I have a tracking number.  Wow! 
claps.gif

I just checked on my dashboard and it says mine is going to be delivered today! I didn't get an email or any tracking info. That would be cool if I do get it.

Sample Society is usually my favorite sub and I've been a member since the first box.  That said, I'm kit A this month and my debit card expired so I need to update payment to continue.  I think I'm going to skip this month and hope for a better month (for me) next month.  That happened with Glossybox this month too.  I think I'll miss it if I continue to skip but I have so many samples that I think a month or two break is a good thing for me.  It's kind of nice to know contents and then decide whether to get it, similar to Julep.  I'd love it if more subs had a skip a month option.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first box with SS. Are they like BB where you are not supposed to get a duplicate item? I've seen a lot of ladies post about dupes. Just wondering.
You aren't supposed to get dupes, but sometimes it happens. They have the MOST amazing incredible customer service though. So if you have any issue they take care of it right away.

I'm getting Kit A.  I cant say I'm super-excited for this one, but I will use everything. 

Its kind of funny about the self tanning towlettes.  I don't normally use self tanners, and last year I gave away all the ones I rec'd in my subs.  But, earlier today I was thinking about my summer wardrobe and thought some of my little skirts might look better if my legs weren't so white that they glow in the dark, and maybe I would try a self tanning product.  I'm sure the Kate Somerville tanning towlettes that are coming in this month's are a great product, since all Kate Somerville products are.  I just hope there is enough towelette for a complete application. 

I will definitely use the lip and cheek stain. I'm addicted to Clinique Chubby Sticks, and my favorite is Curvy Candy.  I use this almost everyday while at work and its almost all used up.  The lip and Cheek stain appears to be a very similar shade.

I've received a few of the Alterna shine sprays in past subs, and gave them away, but I regretted it, so I'm keeping this one.

Also getting the Dr. Brandt BB cream.  I love BB cream.  I have a couple of deluxe samples of BB's I haven't opened yet, but I'm glad to have another brand to try.

The Yu-Be I received in a Birchbox and wasn't crazy about but I'll probably use it on my feet after a pedicure.

So I started this post by saying I'm not super-excited for this box, and then went on to say how I will use each product.  I guess I'm happier with it than I originally thought!  It has some repeats or products that are very similar to what I've received previously, but if I like a product and will use it, I really don't mind repeats now and then.

I'm also getting Kit A like many of you have already posted. They have the info on the samples posted on their site. This is what they look like.

• kat-065_small2a.jpg
  • Kate Somerville 360 Tanning Towelette Deluxe Sample-SS

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just checked on my dashboard and it says mine is going to be delivered today! I didn't get an email or any tracking info. That would be cool if I do get it.
Did you get your box?  What do you think?  This is your first Sample Society, right?

Mine will be here tomorrow.  Yay.  I'm excited for just about everything, except the shine spray. 

I can *not* believe I'm not getting tanning towelettes! I still have the ones Birchbox sent out last year. Do not like. Do not use. This usually guarantees I'll get something.

Kit A, and I'm pretty happy about it so far

It Cosmetics makes a version of the Jane Iredale sample and I like it, although it does seem a little drying when used as a lippie. I hope the BB is a good size. I like Kate Sommerville stuff and don't mind a tanning towelette because I'm a paleface and I'm hoping her version will be subtle and not orangey.
I was very disappointed in last month, so I hope this makes up for it. Should arrive tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get your box?  What do you think?  This is your first Sample Society, right?

Mine will be here tomorrow.  Yay.  I'm excited for just about everything, except the shine spray. 
No, I didn't get it. I did just get a tracking number email this morning and when I clicked on that, it said that the label was created on 5/1 so apparently my dashboard was wrong. 

It is my first one and I think I will use everything in Kit A. 

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can *not* believe I'm not getting tanning towelettes! I still have the ones Birchbox sent out last year. Do not like. Do not use. This usually guarantees I'll get something.
The Beauty Sub Gods are with you for a change!

Crap. I thought I'd cancelled this. I meant to...must have forgotten since I got a shipping notice today. I hate spray-on hair oils and am afraid to try tanning towelettes, and I'm getting those. I'm really indifferent to the other stuff. I'd so rather have that $15.

Got my box (Kit A):

Only one tanning towel, bummer, I'd love to trade my shine mist for more tanning towels, I'm probably one of the only people who actually want to try them!  And that's a teeny, teeny tiny cheek and lip stain!  Cute!

When I first joined Sample Society I really enjoyed my items.  This month I got Kit A.  Every sample is so small.  I already have the BB cream, the other lotion, and the hair stuff from other subs.  And I never use self tanner.  This one is getting one more month, then I'm going to cancel if I don't love the June box.

ETA: I wore the lip and cheek stain already and I really do like that.  But again, it's tiny.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually decided to cancel. The Jane Ireland product looked fun, but otherwise the stuff feels exactly the same to last month's box, especially with the BB cream (which I probably have a good couple month's supply since I seem to be getting them in almost every sub)
It seems lack luster to me as well.  
icon_rolleyes.gif
  Very familiar.  I had a double last month with the Exude lip creme.

I'm Kit B.  I'm not excited about another cleanser, I kinda wanted to try the tanning towelette.  I have super sensitive skin and it gets irritated easily when I change brands.  

Back