Sample Society: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you should cave :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If the Sephora It Kit was a paid subscription box, you would be thrilled. And it's free! It's one of the better perks I've seen on their site and they have fantabulous perks! Sorry for talking about Sephora on a SS site, but I have to share a Sephora find with all of you. They have some great items on sale now...one of which is the Sephora and Pantone eyeshadow palette. It is stunning. The colors are glorious and the packaging is spectacular...it is sleek, chic and looks like an IPAD with a giant mirror....it is currently on sale for $17! Which is insane! I bought one when it went on sale and just bought 3 more as gifts (to get the additional It Kit plus free shipping). I highly reco this. It's a great holiday present. Only downside...the pigmentation is not intense. But it's build-able. In some ways I prefer that, especially with very vibrant shades, it gives you control. But it is a negative to some, but not to me.

Now back to SS. Very happy with my very first box. I like it a lot more than BB so far. It may be my 2nd favorite behind GB. 

Happy glamming everyone!!!!!!
You're an enabler!!  I caved.  The It Kit is so great.  Debating about getting another one...LOL.  This is what happens on lazy Saturdays...

haha! You'll love the It Kit, it's so worth it, I went to Sephora yesterday and picked up a Make Up Forever foundation and kinda regret getting something @the physical store cuz I don't get samples or the It Kit :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> which one did u get? 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha! You'll love the It Kit, it's so worth it, I went to Sephora yesterday and picked up a Make Up Forever foundation and kinda regret getting something @the physical store cuz I don't get samples or the It Kit :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> which one did u get? 
#3 and I'm thinking of #2.  

I got itkit #1 because I LOVE Alterna and St. Tropez, and the other bits all interested me

AND broke down and got itkit #2 because I have been wanting ti try the lancome makeup remover, and i Love NARS

I didn't think they could get better than last year's holiday prep kits (which I also got two of) , but they totally did. I like this perk more than the 20% off. 

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got itkit #1 because I LOVE Alterna and St. Tropez, and the other bits all interested me

AND broke down and got itkit #2 because I have been wanting ti try the lancome makeup remover, and i Love NARS

I didn't think they could get better than last year's holiday prep kits (which I also got two of) , but they totally did. I like this perk more than the 20% off. 
Me, too..It's like an ultimate sample grab bag! 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those two I debated over, but the Nars pencil got me! I'm trying to be good and not order anything else, but #3 would be nice!
I had the same problem but I got the Nars pencil with my 100 point perk about a month ago.  I got kit 3 and love it.  I'm like skin care samples better because I'm always trying to improve my skin.  Plus I don't deviate much from my usual makeup routine.  Today I wore eyeliner which I never do and my daughter immediately asked what I did differently.  I need to branch out and use more colors.  I'm not sure how many neutral eyes hadows one gal needs.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're an enabler!!  I caved.  The It Kit is so great.  Debating about getting another one...LOL.  This is what happens on lazy Saturdays...
I am an excellent enabler...it's one of my strongest traits :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So glad you got the IT KIT...which one did you get?

I initially got Kit 2 (needed the Nars) and then placed another order to get Kit3. 

I'm in NYC also (I see you're from Brooklyn)..and during all this post storm trauma my friends and I have all been "stress shopping"....so these KITS are an especially fun fab perk. In other words, you deserve it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am an excellent enabler...it's one of my strongest traits :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So glad you got the IT KIT...which one did you get?

I initially got Kit 2 (needed the Nars) and then placed another order to get Kit3. 

I'm in NYC also (I see you're from Brooklyn)..and during all this post storm trauma my friends and I have all been "stress shopping"....so these KITS are an especially fun fab perk. In other words, you deserve it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got #3, but I think I'm going back to get #2.  Yes, I'm easily enabled.  It's a slippery slope--it gets easier with every order. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I totally hear you about the stress shopping--it has been a crazy 2 weeks.  And then there was also some boredom shopping going on.  I was placing orders during the hurricane since I was stuck in my apt with nothing to do but watch TV and eat (I was one of the fortunate ones who did not lose power).  Shopping is better on the waistline!

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not so thrilled with my Pink Satin lipstick sample- I hate that companies equate blonde hair/ fair skin with me wanting cotton candy pink lipstick samples :/ 
ME TOOOOO. My hair isn't even blonde blonde, it's dark blonde, and my skin is not rosy at all, it's golden. Pinks look garish on me always.

I got #3, but I think I'm going back to get #2.  Yes, I'm easily enabled.  It's a slippery slope--it gets easier with every order. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I totally hear you about the stress shopping--it has been a crazy 2 weeks.  And then there was also some boredom shopping going on.  I was placing orders during the hurricane since I was stuck in my apt with nothing to do but watch TV and eat (I was one of the fortunate ones who did not lose power).  Shopping is better on the waistline!
Same here...I didn't lose power during the hurricane...I just lost "will power"...I shopped online frantically and ate every bag of chips within sight (and site). Kit 2 is fab...the Nars lip pencil is great...it's a very flattering rosy pink/slightly peachy lipstick. Just keep in mind that the Murad cleanser is for acne prone skin, (I had to give mine away) and I didn't receive the Lancome eye makeup remover, but a Sephora brand as a replacement. 

Still it's a GREAT kit! And it stopped me from eating for a few minutes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gifAND broke down and got itkit #2 because I have been wanting ti try the lancome makeup remover, and i Love NARS
I didn't get the Lancome make up remover :S I got a Sephora one, dunno if same thing will happen to u too, hope not :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I might go back and grab another It Kit soon XD 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get the Lancome make up remover :S I got a Sephora one, dunno if same thing will happen to u too, hope not :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I might go back and grab another It Kit soon XD 
I also got the Sephora makeup remover too.. will probably buy again for Kit #3 and the UD setting spray

After all my whining about getting another pink lipstick--I love this color on me!  I should just shut up til I try the sample next time!  
redsealed.gif

After all my whining about getting another pink lipstick--I love this color on me!  I should just shut up til I try the sample next time!  :redsealed:
Mine will finally arrive tomorrow! Cannot wait to try it out! Woo woo.. lol

After all my whining about getting another pink lipstick--I love this color on me!  I should just shut up til I try the sample next time!  
redsealed.gif
LOL I do the same. I remember pitching a hissy fit because of the Dermalogica sample sent out in January by Birchbox then again by Sample Society the following month only to end up really liking it that I bought a full size bottle of it. LOL

Wow! So, i've been not reading this thread to avoid spoilers and I just got my box yesterday! Seems like i'm pretty late to the party, lol.

My hair oil thing leaked a little and seems to like to make a mess, but i'm still excited about it.

The lipstick totally reminded me of my mom's avon samples from the 80's! that's so funny!

I like the diptyque perfume and was so excited to sample another one, but i like the do son i got last time more.

Excited about the lotion because although i got the coupon for the free one, the nearest store is almost 2 hours away in a city i never go to. 

And i've won a few dermalogica samples and products lately so i'm excited to try this one! 

YEA!  But i'm super sick today! i didn't make a video for this box yet, and haven't done a blog for this or wantable, which i got on friday. And i'm pretty sure the mail lady is bringing a huge stack of stuff for me today. With hurricane Sandy delaying everything I think my early boxes got pushed back and my late boxes are way earlier than normal, so they are all coming this week! BOOOO! Too much at once + sick = maybe i'll take this month off and just sleep!

My first post here!

I only learned about subscription boxes at the beginning of last month, and since that time I've gone a little crazy signing up for various subs.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's fun to know I wasn't the only little girl who obsessively pored over the Avon catalogs left on the doorstep.  My crunchy-granola mom had no idea where I came from.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyhow, I was happily surprised to receive my first Sample Society box yesterday, given the holiday.  I got the "frost orange pink" lipstick, which actually works rather well on me when darkened with a little lipliner (I have autumn coloring).  I didn't care too much for the smell of the L'Occitane cream, but the cream itself is nice, and I'll use it up in this cold weather.  I gave the pre-cleanse a whirl last night and also found it very nice.  I haven't tried out the hair oil yet.  The Diptyque scent isn't for me -- I prefer more fresh, citrusy scents -- so I'd be happy to trade if anyone wants mine.

Isn't there an Allure magazine subscription that is supposed to go along with the Sample Society boxes? Or do they mean that mini magazine they put in with the boxes? I only got that once this month, not last month.

I received mine yesterday and was not impressed at all, for the first time.  This has always been my favorite sub up until this last box.  I suppose that is because I have already received every one of the products (except the lipstick) in various sample boxes over the last year. 

I wrote off the lipstick due to the color, but after reading some of your posts, I will definitely have to give it a whirl.  It might turn out very pretty on me.

Latest posts

Back