Sample Society: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if you'll actually receive it that fast, because that's come up before. SS usually updates the website and our accounts the beginning of the month with more accurate shipping updates. Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I always wait until I get the tracking #, but my shipping is always a longer process...I live on the West Coast..wah wah wah lol.
You are probably right...I was very surprised to see an arrival date of this week on my receipt. I live in NYC though...so perhaps that is why?

I will let you know when it arrives. Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are probably right...I was very surprised to see an arrival date of this week on my receipt. I live in NYC though...so perhaps that is why?

I will let you know when it arrives. Thanks for your help!
Lucky you...you'll still probably get it pretty fast, because they ship out of PA, I believe. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RainbowClouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I live in Tacoma Washington and mine had no tracking but said it will be here the 1st.
My account usually says that, then updates with box contents and  real time shipping info after the beginning of the month. I've never gotten a box the first week. Maybe they've changed shipping practices, but with the UPS Ground, doubt it. Would be nice, though because most of the ladies here have already raved about their boxes and i'm still sitting..and waiting lol.

Originally Posted by dlynncoates /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just saw that I've been charged too and my receipt says Kit C.  This will actually be my first Sample Society box, so I am super excited!
 Ditto, this will be my first as well, and mine says Kit C, with expected delivery of Nov. 1

This will be my first SS and I'm super excited!I do hope they don't send any shampoo, cuz I got the nume hydro punch shampoo on BB  and I don't use shampoo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> either way mine says Kit C too

Hello all, obviously new here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My SS box says kit c as well. This is only my second one. Does anyone have a favorite as far as monthly sub boxes? Beauty bar is the only one I have tried so far.

I just received an email from Beautybar stating delivery/shipping this month may be impaired due to hurricane Sandy.

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received an email from Beautybar stating delivery/shipping this month may be impaired due to hurricane Sandy.
Aww!  Too bad...but understandable.  I am still looking forward to my box this month! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received the same email. I am on the east coast (NYC) and I have to say this storm is pretty vicious! 

Originally Posted by brennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where do you go to fill out a beauty profile? I've seen it mentioned in the SS info on their site but can't figure out how to access it.
I would also like to know this. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Yep, got the same email regarding shipping, services, and the hurricane.. yikes! I've been watching news reports and it looks bad.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do the dashboards usually update with the next month's box contents on the 1st of the month?
Somewhere around there, yes!

I'm Kit C as well. Wonder what it means!

This is the first month of SS for me. Mine also says Kit C but no delivery date or tracking information. Seeing the damage Sandy did to the NY area, I would not be shocked to see delays in shipping.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do the dashboards usually update with the next month's box contents on the 1st of the month?
Mine usually updates the same day I get the shipping notice which is usually the first week of the month.

Did anyone else get charged and then the charge disappeared? I no longer have a charge on my account. I've contacted them about it, but I'm sure I won't hear back soon due to the hurricane damage.

Back