Sample Society: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else get charged and then the charge disappeared? I no longer have a charge on my account. I've contacted them about it, but I'm sure I won't hear back soon due to the hurricane damage.
Its probably just an authorization and not a charge.  They would always authorize my card around the 27th and then charge it a few days after the first. 

is their website down?  i get a 'forbidden' message when i try to log on..  i was charged already....

nevermind i just checked Fb.. they are down...

Just checked this morning and my order was just updated to reflect a delivery date of November 5.  Here's hoping!

The status of mine has changed to "Back Ordered"  What the heck is that suppose to mean?

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The status of mine has changed to "Back Ordered"  What the heck is that suppose to mean?
Mine now says the same thing when I view the receipt...although it does says "In Process" with a Nov 5 updated delivery date on the account page. Maybe it's just post storm technical difficulties?

Yesterday mine said I was getting goodies today, now back ordered and Nov 5th, looks like we're all getting the same Kit C box on the same date!

Beauty Bar's Sample Society ships out of NY so no mail from NY for a while.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine now says the same thing when I view the receipt...although it does says "In Process" with a Nov 5 updated delivery date on the account page. Maybe it's just post storm technical difficulties?
 Yeah, mine says that also. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, that stinks!  I feel for those folks up there, I live on the coast of NC and we get our share of hurricanes every year so I know what they're going through.  

My order status says "Backordered". No big deal honestly. BBSS has never done me wrong so I can wait until they get things sorted.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine says 

If you review your receipt at the top the status says Backordered. Is that where you're looking?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in NYC and mail was up and running as of yesterday. 

I just received a UPS notification. The box is scheduled to arrive on Nov 5th.

Weight 2 lbs.
pounds??

Holy cow.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you review your receipt at the top the status says Backordered. Is that where you're looking?
Under order status.

I just received a UPS notification. The box is scheduled to arrive on Nov 5th.

Weight 2 lbs.
Really?? That's a crazy weight..let alone 1lb, but 2? 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really?? That's a crazy weight..let alone 1lb, but 2? 
I hope I didn't post my UPS notification too quickly without double checking it was indeed from Sample Society. I just assumed it was since it matched the Nov 5th delivery date on my account....The shipping sender is BC Fulfillment. Does that sound right?

(sorry for any confusion this is my first box)

I haven't seen a charge yet this month but assumed there might  be delays with Hurricane Sandy.

I had a charge in the pending area of my bank account. It has since disappeared. I imagine it will be back when they bill for real.

Back